It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower Illegal Subletters Will Not Be Prosecuted

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm getting confused now. I think I'd better drop out of this for now.

The faces were counted. They died. The cover-up seems to be a result of housing benefit fraud.

We'll see how this plays out over time.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

A pack of lies, but I applaud your decision to drop the subject. What with it being a pack of lies, and all.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Agenda 21.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I really don't think that sub-letting is the issue. I think it's hot- bedding. Not come across that before? It's when say a two bed flat is loaded up with 20 beds and these are rented out per 8 hour shift. After 8 hour one gets out another gets in and so on. Hence hot-bedding, the bed never gets cold. In a place like London even garages are use like this due to high rent costs.
None of you want to believe me!!! I've seen it with my own eyes, not hearsay. I've seen hammocks strung along the roof spaces of a row of houses. But you all shut your eyes because you haven't seen it yourself.
And that's why I think that they can't come up with a final figure because these flats that are supposed to hold say a family of 4 have remains of more bodies than should be in there.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

read the comments

Brilliant work on investigating one side of fraud. Can we now get the other side of fraud investigated please – the illegal housing allocations by Westminster Council?

No one has yet investigated the Choice Based Lettings for social housing in Westminster. - The idea of Choice Based Lettings is that people in priority groups registered for social housing can bid on a property suitable for them and the bidder with the highest set of points gets the property, thus the idea of the Choice Based Lettings system would appear to be transparent and 'honest'.

But here is the thing; bidders in top position on the Choice Based lettings rarely get the properties in central London. The system appears to be heavily rigged and Westminster Council complaints procedures suppressed. Housing registrants are not allowed to discuss allocation scheme with anyone at Westminster Council as barriers are created for those who are more versed with the scheme. It is not possible for (genuine) housing registrants to address Westminster Council's failure to follow the allocation scheme with anyone at Westminster Housing Options and within the Westminster Housing Options lettings team - a charade ran by RMG, or within Westminster Council. While RMG is practicing allegedly illegal social housing allocations in central London, Westminster Council fully support those allegedly illegal actions. Genuine front line bidders who find their bids are not being honoured also find it is not possible to address illegal allocations within the complaints department at Westminster Council as the complaints department does not respond fairly. Formal complaints are answered selectively. Anything to do with the illegal allocations and failure to follow the allocations scheme, Westminster Council simply do not respond to those complaints at all.

If you examine the bidding data, most of studio flats as well as one bedroom flats in central London are allocated to predetermined applicants. Those who are in top bidding positions are ignored and very often applicants with a lowest set of points who have been on the housing register for just a few weeks get those flats. While some bidders with lowest priorities get housed within weeks, many applicants with the highest priorities do not get housed for many years as their bids are simply ignored over and over again. Often applicants find that they are selectively restricted from bidding on properties for no apparent reason – usually those properties being the properties the restricted applicants are most likely to bid on. Applicants are being told that properties have already been allocated while the biddings for the specific properties had not even ended or been closed for the week. Good properties suitable for disabled applicants are regularly pulled out for those without disabilities while disabled applicants cannot get housed. Of course, all of this goes against Westminster Council allocation scheme and it has all been evidenced by facts figures and numbers. The Council would not nudge, the racket continues, complaints remain unanswered, no one investigates them. The cherry on the cake is that bidders are being lied to about their bidding positions as Westminster Council’s bidding system does not fairly calculate bidders’ bidding positions in accordance to the allocations scheme. The lettings managers support the sham by further not informing the bidders of their high bidding positions during communications and continue to tell the ‘unfortunate’ bidders about how low on the list they are when in fact that is not the case. In the meantime, lots of central London flats are offered to those the council specifically choose to favour who do not deserve to get those flats based on their priority points, their bidding positions, or the rules set out in the allocation scheme.

Does anyone know who to bribe?

Does anyone fancy doing a documentary? 

Sounds like an informed opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

My freaking house stank when I moved into it because of double occupancy.

I'd better really get out of this thread before I blow a fuse.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I really don't think that sub-letting is the issue. I think it's hot- bedding. Not come across that before? It's when say a two bed flat is loaded up with 20 beds and these are rented out per 8 hour shift. After 8 hour one gets out another gets in and so on. Hence hot-bedding, the bed never gets cold. In a place like London even garages are use like this due to high rent costs.
None of you want to believe me!!! I've seen it with my own eyes, not hearsay. I've seen hammocks strung along the roof spaces of a row of houses. But you all shut your eyes because you haven't seen it yourself.
And that's why I think that they can't come up with a final figure because these flats that are supposed to hold say a family of 4 have remains of more bodies than should be in there.

Wow, I didn't know this practice even existed. That is awful, not to mention really unhygienic and more than likely a housing benefit scam too of some sorts.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Hot beddings quite widespread. I'm surprised its not been addressed in relation to Grenfell. I'm from a pretty small place but there's a city not far from me where its regularly in the papers on local estates.
Obviously no where near the scale of London but slum lords are everywhere these days.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos
Not really a benefits scam as such. Ok, the original renter moves out and the gangmaster takes it on. Ever heard of gangmasters?
They run gangs of illegal workers off the system. They supply farmers who want their crops in cheap, they supply the proliferation of work agencies in fact anywhere that a large body of workers are needed off the grid. The workers work, the gangmaster gets their pay and deducts his share plus costs for the bed, transport and whatever he can con them out of, then gives them the pittance that is left. The worker can't complain as they're off the system and if caught would likely be deported.
But the same again,just because you don't see it with your own eyes it don't exist.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

A few newspaper article links help:

www.theguardian.com...

". Consequently, over five million beds now function as 'shift beds', wherein lovers, relatives and housemates negotiate times to use sleeping furniture (preferably in the quietest room). "

"Extreme hot-bedding, or tag-team sleeping, is when 10 squatting art students, 10 migrant workers sharing a hostel room or seven nurses in an apartment, take any opportunity they can to fall asleep on one or two very stained communal mattresses or settee"

www.theguardian.com...

www.jrf.org.uk...

This is like taking the red pill and seeing where the rabbithole leads

The world record for the most people found in a property:

www.ar15.com...
edit on 2-7-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I've seen fires at travellers sites. Experienced people people call out, "ARE THERE ANY GAS CYLINDERS!" as they run towards the flames.

Gas, candles, paraffin lamps, wood stoves. All used as reasons for denying planning permission and enforcing evictions.

Now we see major loss of life in a building approved by planning authorities.

I hope we'll see a surge in self-built homes resulting from this.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This all sounds so unbelievably ridiculous to me, I'm blown away.

This makes the situation over in Europe sound even more mind blowing.

Wow

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Thanks for this.

I read the Mail article with this growing sick feeling.

As a nation are we really this corrupt and morally lost?

Objectively I can only think the opportunity for self insurance should be removed from all Local Authorities. This would impose a 'money reason' for scrutiny.

The Insurance business was aware of 'cladding' as a safety issue as early as 2003, which may go some way to account for why so few Private blocks have the problem.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Doxanoxa because: this was for Stormcell. sorry.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

The Cocaine Dealer

Are you trying to trigger me by mentioning coke dealers?

My brother-in-law was picking apples in Belgium. He met lots of Africans. He has dreads and an African appearance. He says that's the only reason he can think of that they opened up to him. What astounded him was they all told him the same story.

They were picking apples to earn the money to go to London and buy a big bag of coc aine. Cheap from the right sources. Then they were going to turn the coc aine into crack, and, in their own words, get white men addicted, take all their money, marry their daughters and move into their houses. Cue racism accusations.

I've got page not found on your link.

The Cocaine Dealer

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If sub letting is a problem in council run housing, such as Grenfell, then that may be a reason for some of the reaction from (er) residents.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I'd say the bigger problem is that there are too many people and a shortage of housing. The prices are ridiculous in London.
I hate cities in general but I won't go near London at all these days. Its a filthy dump.
Those who have to live and work there have my sympathy (apart from the ones who think they're being "cool" and cosmopolitan).

Low wages, deliberate shortage of affordable housing and a stupid EU open borders policy have all contributed to this.
Ultimately, those in charge of this situation are to blame but that's no good to know for those who died or their relatives.

Its as if the ones with cash expect the low earners to work during the day to keep the place running and then get out of the city in the evening so they don't offend the eyes of the wealthy when they go out for dinner and a show.
edit on 3-7-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Could this be in connection with Agenda 21?
I've not looked into it much but there's been a lot of stuff on YouTube popping up on my recommendations just lately.

No, it's just everyone in London trying to make money whatever way they want.The financial city keeps building more and more high rise office blocks to compete against New York and Europe. Other inner cities build office blocks to bring in more property tax revenue. Those require office staff, cleaners and other service staff who need to live somewhere. The "Mrs Mopps" cleaners have all retired so we need European workers. The Cockneys have moved out of London, so we need taxi drivers from Syria. Even nurses from the third-world are going back to their home countries
because the standard of living is higher. Property speculators buy up homes and convert them into HMO's and rent out rooms for £400/week.

Tower blocks were built in order to replace the unhealthy pre-war tenement blocks as well as house those who lost their homes during World War II. Early tenement blocks didn't have indoor bathrooms, they were either in outhouses, or on communal stairwells. Everyone heated their homes with coal fires high in Sulphur.

It was Brunel who invented the idea of people commuting for an hour between the home counties and central London. London was a dump back then with the alehouses and brothels.

London Crime map
www.murdermap.co.uk...

edit on 3-7-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
I'd say the bigger problem is that there are too many people and a shortage of housing. The prices are ridiculous in London.

Well, considering one of the first confirmed death was a Syrian refugee, I would say that the main problem is that the London Councils are not telling people to get accommodation elsewhere, like in Hull. Or, (as per the OP) existing Council tenants are making a killing by sub-letting while they live elsewhere.

Just why do people expect to be housed in the centre of one of the richest and most expensive places on the planet. Well, it seems they expect and get.

Housing will always be in short supply, and therefore expensive, in places where people want to live. If you cannot afford to live in London, then live elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I don't live in London.
I've no idea why people expect to live there. I've got family there but, as a family unit, the parents work bloody hard and have bought their own home and live for their kids.

I've no idea why they don't want to go (or get sent) to Hull but its not just London where there's housing problems. The nearest city to me has been a Labour controlled council since before I was born. They talk a lot but there's been no new social housing built for thirty years while factories and streets have been demolished and their plots left as waste ground. Developers seem to have an obsession with green belt land these days and the city centre is dying thanks to giant new retail parks.
People ask where the common sense approach has gone?

I can't answer that.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Hmmm, so why are the authorities not doing anything to combat this? This must be illegal, even on a health and safety issue!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join