It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Law Enforcement Body Would be willing to Confiscate Guns?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In a hypothetical situation where the president, senate and congress all voted to ban and confiscate guns, what law enforcement body would be willing to follow the order??

Local police and sherif departments???

The army, Marines and national guard??

Or is it that no one would be willing to do it???

In reality even mentioning a gun ban is political suicide...

I bet that not even 10% of the American population would agree with a gun ban and/or gun confiscation...

And no law enforcement body would do it...

how many people are scared "they are comming to get your guns!" And there literally isn't a law enforcement body large enough that would ever do it.

In fact I would be willing to bet the army and law enforcement would help lead the coup!!!

Logistics people... it's all about logistics..

It doesn't matter if hitler wants to destroy the moon....

He is dead.. so good luck to him in his attempt at rocket science...

Logistically hitler is screwed.

edit on 29-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"dey gonna take our guns" is nothing more than a right wing rallying point.

I don't think anyone wants to destroy a 51 billion dollar a year industry of firearms and shooting sports.

www.shootingindustry.com...

www.ibisworld.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Law enforcement would likely call it unconstitutional and it would be challenged in the courts, along with massive protests led by the NRA and citizen groups, Oathkeepers, Vets, etc.

It would be a deeply unpopular law and it would hit the Supreme Court like a ton of bricks. They would rightly rule that such an action went against the 5th Amendment. The freaking ACLU would be helping with lawyers and legal costs, for goodness sake.

The confiscation of guns is a wholly unreasonable fear, and no Congress or President, however liberal, would seek to bodily remove legally purchased weapons from anyone.

This notion of gun confiscation is a boogeyman created by the folks at the NRA and backed by some right wing politicians and pundits TO INCREASE ANGER, DONATIONS AND GUN SALES.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The United nations?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Trump will hire the North Koreans, as they would do the job for cheapest.

Just expect some excessive bombing, and maybe more loud commands shouted at you than in your time at the marines. You can't understand anything they say, so they take you and your family on a holiday cruise, only worse food and mediocre entertainment level. Beds will be fine, compared to Holiday Inn.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

In a hypothetical situation where the president, senate and congress all voted to ban and confiscate guns, what law enforcement body would be willing to follow the order??

Local police and sherif departments???

The army, Marines and national guard??

Or is it that no one would be willing to do it???

In reality even mentioning a gun ban is political suicide...

I bet that not even 10% of the American population would agree with a gun ban and/or gun confiscation...

And no law enforcement body would do it...

how many people are scared "they are comming to get your guns!" And there literally isn't a law enforcement body large enough that would ever do it.

In fact I would be willing to bet the army and law enforcement would help lead the coup!!!

Logistics people... it's all about logistics..

It doesn't matter if hitler wants to destroy the moon....

He is dead.. so good luck to him in his attempt at rocket science...

Logistically hitler is screwed.

They won't have to confiscate by going door to door. It would be far more insidious and low key. This is why the NRA is so against any kind of gun regulation because they know how slick liberals are when it comes to these things. You give an inch, they will take a mile.

First, most of the "confiscation" would be voluntary. Think gun buy backs in the name of safety. After all, it is for the children. They'd come up with some plan to encourage people to voluntarily give up any firearms.

Next, they'd implement ways to make it really hard to have a firearm legally. They won't ban guns, but make it damn near impossible to get bullets. Or they will do something with taxes. Or they will make it difficult to get homeowner's insurance. Ban assault weapons, but define it as anything with a trigger. They will find some way to create some regulation or requirement which ultimately has the effect of discouraging gun ownership by everyday law abiding citizens. Outlaw hunting with rifles.

Never under estimate the creativity of progressive liberals in getting their agenda passed. This is also something they will do slowly and over the long term. It won't happen overnight. It will be implemented just slow enough that people who aren't paying attention won't realize what is happening.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You're thinking about it wrong they're not going to just do a gun confiscation they would do it the same way that the Nazis did they would isolate groups that most people don't feel a part of and Do It piece by piece by piece

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them--Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in--I would have done it. But I could not do that; the votes weren't here." -- Dianne Feinstein

Even though that is in an interview from 1995 concerning the passage of the assault-weapons ban, she is still as anti-gun today as she ever was. Let's not pretend like the concern over gun confiscation is simply a fabricated boogeyman by people on the right, because that assertion is an outright falsity.

I do agree, however, that a ban and confiscation would never happen, but until these asinine politicians quit vocally asserting their approval of such an unconstitutional ban and confiscation, the concern will persist.

Also, here is Exhibit A on why I support term limits.

edit on 29-6-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Door-to-door confiscation would never, ever happen.

IF--and I really mean a distantly possible "if"--legislators ever really pursued the erosion of the second amendment, it would be done by things like outlawing the production of this or that gun or ammunition part, or taxing the industry so much (like they do with tobacco) that the average citizen couldn't really afford a weapon (like they did with "class 3" licenses). Or they would implement gun buy-back programs at the federal level that would be so well funded that most citizenry would see offers that they couldn't refuse for the willful turn-in of firearms (and would probably do it during a government-caused recession). The EPA's stupidity concerning lead bullets a while back is a good example of attempts to cause difficulty for gun owners.

But, no, there would never be door-to-door confiscation, because if it ever came down to it, they would be met with fierce resistance by many, and the gun owners would definitely have the upper hand on their own property. Plus, like you mention, I think that most who would be tasked to enforce such a confiscation would object on ideological grounds and would disobey the directives, for the most part.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The United Nations, duhhh. I never thought anyone else would, but we are beholden to our international treaties soo if anyone was going to try it would be the UN. but it wouldn't be until after they finish making gun owners seem completely evil. i dont think we have gotten there quite yet but we are well on our way.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Most LEO and Military I know? If asked to they all say they'd shed their uniforms and refuse to follow orders...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

as long as gun owners are vigilant and make damn sure "dey ain't gonna take our gunz", then we won't have anything to worry about. But if we settle into a complacent mindset and just let things happen, all the while ASSuming that confiscation would be logistically hard, we might find out that someone figured out the hard part.

I'd prefer to be a little paranoid and a little defensive as opposed to a lot of stupid, as you suggest in your OP.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

They may be for serial number ammo though.

IL state lawmaker wants serial numbers stamped on ammunition
abc7chicago.com...

A hammer with no nails is what a certain group of politicians would like for their underlings.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thats precisely why it would never happen.
But leftist wing nuts like to bring it up to rally support for their campaigns knowing they won't be held to it after they're elected.

And right wing nuts like to bring it up to rally support for their campaigns knowing it's logistically impossible.

Pretty much it's a non issue campaign tool used by both parties to avoid addressing actual issues.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Let's see....7 out of 10 Americans own a firearm. Some of those 7 own more than one, and some of those 7,( like myself) own way more than one. So whatever agency it is had better be a big one, cause firearm people have been known to stick together. Firearm people are weaved together by the same cloth.......2nd Amendment. Not needed, till it's needed.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It should be noted that most LEO's are members of the NRA or local gun clubs in the areas they live.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've never heard anyone outside of far right conspiracy theorist claim government is going to go door to door to confiscate. However, we know for fact, liberals/progressives attempt to make it difficult to own firearms and purchase them resulting in de facto confiscation/ban. Most gun rights advocates get that when we give a little, the left is going to take a lot on this issue as we know that the end goal is disarming society eventually.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ain't now nor ever has been our America..

That's like saying "they passed shiria law in Syria..they are comming here next!"

There is a big cultural jump from one to the other..

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You couldn't get most people to turn in their guns voluntarily... hell you couldn't get 20% of gun owners to do that.. period.. under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

The only thing possible is to ban the new SALE of all new guns and wait the 2 centuries for them to petter out.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Your nuts dude..

I live in Mississippi and that is no question the average belief..

Hell I would say it is the primary reason people vote republican around here.

And all second amendment arguments seem to go back to that very same conspiracy..

"So we can overthrow a tyrannical government."

Which means you think the government will go tyrannical and you'll be killing us service members..

( not you, you.. figure of speech fyi.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join