It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Law Enforcement Body Would be willing to Confiscate Guns?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, if you are a felon or are not mentally stable in a way that guns should not be owned, I believe you should not have guns. But the guns should be given to a close relative in the event of a nervous breakdown till the person gets back to normal. You cannot use a short nervous breakdown to judge someone all their life. The young usually straighten up as they get older, if not they wind up as criminals and shouldn't have guns.

Mental illness isn't a mater of popping a pill until you are healthy... It is a life long battle that never ends.

Not in the case of a nervous breakdown, sometimes they are fixed in under a few years. I study the medicine and genetics involved in mental illness and depending on the particular illness, simple diet changes can reverse the disease. In fact, medicines are designed to alter enzymes and how neurotransmitters work, they are treating the symptoms, often diet changes can fix the problem as long as certain food chemistries are moderated.

So no, mental illness does not have to be a life long battle, as long as you eat the right foods and avoid overconsumption of certain foods. It is strongly tied to epigenetic factors, yet the majority of people who have those factors do not experience the problem because their diet takes care of the problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah. I'm sure ALL those people with PTSD, Depression, ADD, Anxiety, OCD, and other various mental issues just need to change their diet and they will suddenly function mentally like everyone else.
edit on 29-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea the us army and local law enforcement let that go down....

(Sarcasm..)

I never said it would be allowed to happen.
But the UN would be the path chosen.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah. I'm sure ALL those people with PTSD, Depression, ADD, Anxiety, OCD, and other various mental issues just need to change their diet and they will suddenly function mentally like everyone else.

Actually you are citing the worst cases, but when it comes to restricting guns they can use minor temporary incidents, including history of someone getting really mad and reacting as a sign of mental illness. Don't forget pathological liars and people with OCD are also mental diseases.

And you are wrong, the majority of the people who take medications for depression and anxiety and half the people on meds for less severe mental diseases could be treated by diet changes. Alzheimer disease can be treated with thistle, look that up. It does not take much either. That same chemistry is in dandelion greens, having a few greens on your salad every day could reverse plaque buildup and slow or stop progression of the disease in many people. Cabbage can effectively control my epilepsy, I need to eat at least a head of cabbage a month in soups to do it. Replaced 2500 bucks worth a pills a month with no where near as much side effects. I do eat asparagus once in a while and also the soup contains cartilage which has some powerful calming properties when made into soup. My epilepsy drugs I was taking are often used to treat mental illnesses.

The thing with people with delusions is they will often eat the foods that fuel their delusions.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Sure. Whatever you say Dr. Phil.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So in a scenerio that could never happen, the UN is the villian..

Credible..real credible..

You do realize the UN barely has an army compared to any of the world powers right??

You might as well say it was gonna be NFL players..

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
You are displaying an amazing amount of ignorance on the subject. Mouse is absolutely correct but if you want to buy into the medical industrial complex's way of doing business, you are free to do so. However, even that giant complex doesn't agree with you that one mental illness episode is a life-long issue. Situational depression is real and can be overcome completely if the victim is allowed to recover. Trouble is, recovery costs the medical industrial complex because if you recover when your situation changes, they loose the money you're paying them for consults and meds so it is rare to see them recommend getting off the meds.
In today's world that medicating is beginning earlier and earlier to get people hooked on the idea that in order to live normally they must swallow pills each day. Thus---as the massive numbers of children who have been medicated since kindergarten turn 18 we are seeing vast numbers of addicts in their early 20s turning up in hospitals and jails.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

What does it matter if a couple random politicians secretly want something they could never have????

Also take the literal worse case scenerio that is possible, banning any future sales of new guns..

How long would it take to weed them out of the population?? Centuries!!

So please explain to me how there is anything resembling a reasonable threat.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Chances are they'd just have a week or so where you could turn them in and then they'd make them illegal, and prosecute whoever they caught with them after that.

That would seem the easiest way. I don't think the going door to door thing would work in America. People in this country legislate rights away, not show up at your door and take them.
edit on 29-6-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AboveBoard

They may be for serial number ammo though.

IL state lawmaker wants serial numbers stamped on ammunition
abc7chicago.com...

A hammer with no nails is what a certain group of politicians would like for their underlings.

I'm honestly not sure how this is a threat - please help me understand. I'm not familiar with this policy.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What exactly are you arguing? My whole post spelled out how it wasn't really a thing to fear or fret over. I said we should just be mindful of the baby steps approach as that would be much more realistic of a way to get guns banned. And don't kid yourself it's just a couple politicians wanting this...It's also not very secretive either.

Are you one of those people who just likes to disagree and argue for the sake of arguing?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

For me, it is not something to fret over. For my grandkids it is. Altering consensus is what governments strive to do even if that consensus is not for the good of the people who elect the government.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

But how could you be sure they were "fixed??"

Could you??

If you can't stop people from having guns with a history of mental breaks, then why would you for any other reason???

Domestic vioence?? Maybe he won't assault women anymore...

Murder?? Maybe he won't kill people any more???

If we were actually smart you should have to qualify before the purchase and again on a yearlyish basis.

At least make sure everyone who has one can adequately use it..
edit on 29-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As long as the 2nd amendment stands.....law abiding citizens will keep their firearms. There's a whole lot of people like me. In all walks of life.a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Exactly..

That's the point..

There is no one who could take people's guns.. no American military branch would and who else is there..

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I can't see any American willingly confiscating peoples guns unless Soros paid them to.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

But how could you be sure they were "fixed??"

Could you??

If you can't stop people from having guns with a history of mental breaks, then why would you for any other reason???

Domestic vioence?? Maybe he won't assault women anymore...

Murder?? Maybe he won't kill people any more???

If we were actually smart you should have to qualify before the purchase and again on a yearlyish basis.

At least make sure everyone who has one can adequately use it..

If you consider mental illness an issue in owning a gun. Think of all the names of mental illnesses there are. If you are addicted to coffee, it is technically a mental issue and if they start using mental issues to define whether you are able to own a gun, they cannot discriminate.

Everyone here on ATS actually can be considered as having evidence of mental issues. Because the norm is what you classify things by and conspiracy site people would not be within the guidelines of normal. So since they cannot discriminate, all ATSers would be classified as abnormal. No exceptions. Now if you use facebook, a real lot of people use that, it is considered normal.

Seventy five percent of people in this country or more can be considered to have one of the many mental illnesses. No discrimination allowed, that is how the laws are written, if it is illegal for a person who has a mental illness to own a gun, then everyone with any sign of a possible mental illness would have to give up their guns. That is the way the laws of this country are written.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

There is no government enforcement body that will ever forcibly confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens.

What you need to do is envision a situation where the law abiding citizenry would willingly sacrifice their firearms.

Then see if the government is moving towards that situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

MAny different ones. They'll do it under the guise of terrorism and it will be totally corrupt in the way they do it. It may require false flags, it would definitely require registration lists.

They would start by saying that they are making arrests regarding terrorists, then sympathizers and those who aid terrorists and as they do it, they would rely on some people standing up and then those people would be labeled terrorists and their attempts at resisting the illegal seizures and arrests would give them ammo to request and setup buy backs and confiscations.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join