It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Restaurant Owner Says 30 Employees Left Due To ICE Crackdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Because ICE has never detained legal immigrants or even US born citizens EVER.
edit on 6/26/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Oh, that's why 30 people quit in one day.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Wouldn't you when under Trump two thirds of arrests from ICE roundup are legal US citizens? Doesn't matter if you are a citizen or not... look foreign and they throw you behind bars and expect you to prove citizenship from jail.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

What a load of crap.

link   

Are the 30 restaurant workers gang members too?

Home work....

Read the story you linked to in your post. It should be obvious.

link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Wouldn't you when under Trump two thirds of arrests from ICE roundup are legal US citizens? Doesn't matter if you are a citizen or not... look foreign and they throw you behind bars and expect you to prove citizenship from jail.

Did you bother reading the article?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

hahahaha!

From your source.

According to ICE, 1,095 of those arrested were confirmed gang members from gangs like the Bloods, Crips, MS-13 and the Surenos. Crips and Bloods, traditionally black, non-immigrant street gangs, combined for 241 busts, while Hispanic gangs like MS-13 and Surenos had 222 of their members scooped up in the haul. None of the remaining 283 arrests claimed a gang affiliation, ICE said, but they ended up being arrested on “either criminal or administrative charges.”

So they arrested known criminals and gang members, and you somehow have a problem with this?

Very telling.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

and crops are rotting in the field because there aren't workers to pick them.

www.independent.com...

The hatred for Mexicans is going to prove expensive.

www.proag.com...

www.latimes.com...

The trump admin is NOT against Mexicans
The trump admin is NOT against immigration

'Immigrant' is NOT the same thing as 'illegal immigrant' NOT EVEN CLOSE

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's not an isolated incident either.

Hector Veloz was detained for 13 months by ICE despite being a natural born citizen.

Davino Watson was held for 3 1/2 years.

Rony Chaves Aguilar was held for 18 days.

Lorenzo Palma was held for over a year despite submitting evidence that he was a citizen.

Now, I can predict some here will reply along the lines of "well they are criminals... blah blah... deserved it... blah blah..." but every single one of the mentioned cases above are of people that yes, committed crimes, but served their time. The ICE detention was punitive and beyond what they deserved. It would be like you getting pulled over for a broken tail light and the police impounding your car just because you broke a law.

You should be mad about this kind of abuse of power. It is a f**king disgrace.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

hahahaha!

From your source.

According to ICE, 1,095 of those arrested were confirmed gang members from gangs like the Bloods, Crips, MS-13 and the Surenos. Crips and Bloods, traditionally black, non-immigrant street gangs, combined for 241 busts, while Hispanic gangs like MS-13 and Surenos had 222 of their members scooped up in the haul. None of the remaining 283 arrests claimed a gang affiliation, ICE said, but they ended up being arrested on “either criminal or administrative charges.”

So they arrested known criminals and gang members, and you somehow have a problem with this?

Very telling.

So for now on, how about we send SWAT teams out for truancy? I mean, as long as the kids get caught, who cares who caught them right?

ETA: Kind of hard to round up "illegals" when you've already filled all the spots and spent all the budget on legal citizens. I'm sure they will get the job done... eventually.
edit on 6/26/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Except for Wall Street, apparently you can bankrupt the entire world and get massive bonuses for it. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

hahahaha!

From your source.

Very telling.

So for now on, how about we send SWAT teams out for truancy? I mean, as long as the kids get caught, who cares who did it right?

Yes, I am sure they got the BLOODS and MS 13 in these raids for truancy.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Civil lawsuit

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Right students skipping school is = to gang members who got busted by ICE

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Civil lawsuit

Does nothing to deter ICE from going after the people they are actually mandated to arrest.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Do you want ICE to go after gangs or do you want ICE to go after illegal immigrants?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If they are arresting people who are not guilty, guess what...

They will get sued and they will be forced to switch tactics.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

MS 13 is a gang that is mainly a Latino gang. They are going to arrest both legals and illegals. Fact of life.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Send the restaurant owner to jail for hiring illegals.
THAT should be the FIRST order of immigration reform.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here's what Anthony Bourdain had to say about immigrants in the restaurant industry:

I grew up in the restaurant business — 30 years in the restaurant business. I came out of, like a lot of other white kids, I rolled out of a prestigious culinary institute and went to work in real restaurants. I walked into restaurants and always, the person who had been there the longest, who took the time to show me how it was done, was always Mexican or Central American. The backbone of the industry - meaning most of the people in my experience cooking, preparing your food. Twenty of those years in this business I was an employer, I was a manager employer. Never, in any of those years, not once, did anyone walk into my restaurant — any American-born kid — walk into my restaurant and say I'd like a job as a night porter or a dishwasher. Even a prep cook — few and far between. Just not willing to start at the bottom like that.

eater.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join