It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearest EVER ‘alien UFO’ photo snapped by NASA Mars Rover

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Really embarrassing to put this up..even more embarrassing believing it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

Did I say I believed in this story? No. Can you even read between the lines?
edit on 27-6-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Was this not part of the lander heat shield blown off. Was browsing the other day the NASA rover pics, and there were plenty around with some hw stuff spread all over the place, with association to the heat shield.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

seriously?

You actually posted that?

Or did someone who doesn't know what you post on ATS hijacked your account and posted that post?

anyone can click on your username and see the embarrassing things you posted

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why did you have to discredit it completely by adding a video w known UFO hack Dr. Greer.

Hows that alien mummy of his doing?

I couldn't even read the rest after seeing his mug, you see maussan or greer its going to total BS.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Damn, just when i thought it was going to be one of those semi-interesting 'what is it?' threads.

Shame on you Truthers for spoiling our fantasy

Now this is what mars is like really:
-
-
-
-
-

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
By the way, the article says:

"But this new image – which dates from March but has only just been discovered – is very difficult to explain away"

But that is incorrect.

The image is actually from 2005, and had been publicly available and clearly displayed on the NASA website for the past 12 years. The image is also not from the "Curiosity" rover that they have pictured in the article. It is from the rover "Opportunity". Curiosity had not even been launched at the time this picture was taken.

edit on 27/6/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here is the original NASA photo:
mars.nasa.gov...
Here is the photo on JPL website:
mars.nasa.gov...
It was originally posted on Reddit, so Greer had nothing to do with it.
At first sight, it looks nothing like the Rover entry heat shield:
www.space.com...
mars.nasa.gov...
mars.nasa.gov...

However, the two photos were taken only six minutes apart. So it is very likely the same piece of debris, the two photos being taken at different angles that make it look different.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

seriously?

You actually posted that?

Or did someone who doesn't know what you post on ATS hijacked your account and posted that post?

anyone can click on your username and see the embarrassing things you posted

Thank you for spotting me in my defense. I like to keep an open mind about things but whenever someone makes a post I don't go balls deep in attack mode.

It is sad how some ATS members react so childishly to threads without a thought or question...sigh

Btw..I don't know much about this Greer guy so please don't judge me for not knowing about his historical postings.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The Daily star is a # rag, please refrain from posting anything from it (and the sun, daily mail, daily express)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: CulturalResilience

We'd need to see the original NASA photo. Until seeing that, all speculation is a waste of time and effort.

This has already been posted and debunked. It's a real photo, and it shows an alien material .. alien to Mars as it came from Earth. It's part of the heat shield iirc. It looks like the lander platform, but where the picture was taken it can't be, it's right where the heat shield is though.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
zzzz... i showed you lot alien material years ago, yet still not one word from the debunkers.

This is not even interesting any more.

What is interesting, is how science (not so much) and tech (very much) have been expanding, essentially the available tech that you can have right now in your home, far outruns the science & tech thst is explainable by textbook physics.

One example is monopole magnets, unexplainable using our current theory, yet they exist, you can get them on Ebay.

I could go on, i even commented on some of those awful TED talks. The only truth you will ever find is within yourself, and the more you open your eys, and analyse the images, words, thoughts, the more truth you will learn.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well, it's good that photo-shopping can be ruled out. Why is the rover still close to the heat shield? Shouldn't it be at least a couple miles away by now?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The heat shield in the picture is nowhere near where it landed, it traveled a good ways to get there.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well, it's good that photo-shopping can be ruled out. Why is the rover still close to the heat shield? Shouldn't it be at least a couple miles away by now?

Two things:

1. As 'OccamsRazor pointed out above, the rover traveled quite a ways before taking that image. This image was taken on Oppurtunity's Sol 348 -- 348 Mars-days after it landed (and Mars days are only slightly longer than Earth days)

2. That image is from 2004 (December 26, 2004). It is not recent.

Here is the page of all of the images from Opportunity's Panoramic Camera from December 26, 2004.

Opportunity Sol 348

edit on 1/7/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thank-you. I didn't know the image was 2 years old. That explains a lot. I suppose if this thread was started 2 years ago, it wouldn't have lasted beyond 2 or 3 posts... The heat shield would have been quickly identified and the thread would have ended right there.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thank-you. I didn't know the image was 2 years old. That explains a lot. I suppose if this thread was started 2 years ago, it wouldn't have lasted beyond 2 or 3 posts... The heat shield would have been quickly identified and the thread would have ended right there.

The OP's image is 12 years old, not 2.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join