It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian Influence Controversy That John McCain Doesn't Want You To Know About

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The same foreign lobbyists and Russians tied to the Trump probe were once associated to Senator John McCain when he ran for President.

The Russian Influence Controversy That John McCain Doesn't Want You To Know About

hardly surprising that a complicit mainstream media has been too busy obsessing on Donald Trump's imaginary Russian collusion to connect the dots when it comes to John McCain... they've covered for the lovable maverick before, by omission when he sponsored legislation to bury evidence of fellow Vietnam POWs left behind after that war... getting a blanket pardon by Richard Nixon before his commanding officer could bring charges of treason against him, McCain has been trading on his hero POW status ever since and is firmly entrenched in his own fiefdom along with his warmongering buddies in the DC power elite, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell and Former Next President Hillary Clinton... they all have hard-ons for a no-fly zone in Syria, a de facto declaration of war against Russia... and they have the temerity to express the notion that upstarts like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul need to wait their turn before actually doing the job their voters sent them to DC to do...

via Circa...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
He's still a Republican like Trump.

Though he lost to a Democrat, so the media blitz of collusion was not necessary at the time.

He was still a valuable puppet on strings though..

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LemmySkynyrd

Trump was a threat to Obama/McCain/CIA/Hillary/Graham's Syria war criminal agenda, I mean they all were sweating facing public show trials and executions for what they did there (see my "FEATURE 2" for all the details), so of course McCain & Graham had to overtly turncoat lockstep with Hillary & Obama versus Trump and his supporters (mostly conservatives I would suspect), and for the first time in history (to the best of my knowledge) the CIA actively and overtly took a open position in an election in lockstep with their MSM henchmen in unprecidented form that 'caught with their pants down' is barely a strong enough expression to describe all of their collectivist scorched earth esque damage control + yellow journalism smear campaign behavior.

Another good thread about the whole stint from yesterday:
Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators
edit on 26-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wasn't it President Trump who said that John McCain would have been a bigger hero if he hadn't gotten captured?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

a puppet, indeed... and Russia was damn near an ally, but I suppose Al Qaeda and subsequently ISIS could only serve as our primary foe for so long... the Military Industrial Complex has been touting Russia as the next big opponent my whole adult life and I'm 57... those $100m Lockheed F35's aren't going to shoot themselves down...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

almost, he said he likes guys that don't get captured...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LemmySkynyrd
a reply to: carewemust

almost, he said he likes guys that don't get captured...

That statement implies that the President has more respect for soldiers killed in action, and for those who come home without having been captured.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

To be fair, I'm sure John has zero recollection of any of this... haha

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

He's really not much like Trump, other than having the R after his name on TV. There is more than one set of opinions within either party. And those two men are no more similar than Ted Kennedy and George McGovern were.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Its obvious McCain is working against Trump while also pushing for a large scale conflict in Syria

Trump knows this too, so i expect he's been watching McCain and curbing his influence.

Eventually planning on using his own actions against him!
edit on 26/6/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

So there are no ties to Democrats and Russia?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
But, how do you think McCain positively knows that these guys are tied to Russia......because he was involved with them before. Russia has been trying to influence elections for a long time, and we have been trying to influence their elections for a long time.

Putin did not like Trump, he just hated Hillary. I actually do not think that Russia had that much effect on the election, the truth about Hillary's actions was coming out from many sources. The problem is that Putin should not be getting involved in uncovering the truth about our politicians to our people. That is not nice.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Clickbait title and one vague quote... after reading the article, I understand why.

“Before there was Trump, there were concerns about some of the same people being around McCain about 10 years ago, and we alerted his team to those concerns and they appeared to take some defensive action,” according to a U.S. official, who was involved a decade ago and remains in the counterintelligence world. The official spoke only on condition of anonymity.

There is no evidence that McCain ever changed his positions on Russia or took official actions to favor Davis’ clients, or that Deripaska ever asked anything of the Republican senator, Weaver said.

“The difference between this and the current Trump/Putin situation is McCain's views toward Putin actually hardened over this time period and his already strong commitment to pro-democracy movements in Eastern Europe solidified as well,” he said.

The contacts, while troubling to McCain aides and some in U.S. intelligence, were perfectly legal.

So no, McCain wasn't caught in any Russian collusion and actually cooperated with intelligence agencies. The value to be had now in McCain's experience then is here:

Weaver said he feared the contacts may have been a “a test case that caught the attention of the Kremlin and the GRU” but in the end McCain remained firm in his opposition to Putin.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

McCain is to the enemy as facebook is to the internet

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

no, McCain was not caught in collusion, but he'd still sure as hell rather not discuss how he was not...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

the web is a ghetto and Zuckerberg is a slum lord... which makes me a welfare mother...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LemmySkynyrd
a reply to: Boadicea

no, McCain was not caught in collusion, but he'd still sure as hell rather not discuss how he was not...

Well, technically, the title says that McCain doesn't want us to know about it, not that he doesn't want to discuss it.

But more to the point, as the author of the OP, apparently neither would you.... but you're quite happy to let the title (and your OP) misrepresent itself and the facts. If that's the best you can do... Okay. But I think you can do better.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

a fair point, indeed...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Good ole John McCain that worthless pile of ....

A Democrat in Republican clothing.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Drain the Swamp includes folks on the right as well as the left...

Songbird is included...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join