It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans learn to live with — and adapt to — terror attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Their not being invaded by motor cars. There's a big difference between the two. I don't run in terror from oncoming traffic from ordinary law abiding citizens trying to get from point A to B.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The UK is used to attacks. Thankfully those carrying them out at the moment are no where near as effective as the IRA and others were in the 70s 80s and 90s.
Most people just carry on with there lives. Your more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or a house fire than a terrorist attack.
As far as it involving migrants, just as many have been born in the countries they have attacked as those born from outside it.
We'll carry on as we always have on the UK and do what we want when we want.
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if an idiot with a knife went after a football crowd. I doubt they'd be able to identify the body after a few lads got involved.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightGoddess

Those willing to terrorize should know what terror really is.

To any would be terrorists on american soil. I'm waiting.
edit on Rpm62517v06201700000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I think forcing one's citizens to view attacks like these as the norm, and a fact of life, is a sure sign that their leaders need to take a drastically new tactic in dealing with terrorists, or be replaced. It's their responsibility to ensure the safety of their citizens. Forcing them to adapt to their failure to do so is unbelievably arrogant and self-serving.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightGoddess

Their not being invaded by motor cars. There's a big difference between the two. I don't run in terror from oncoming traffic from ordinary law abiding citizens trying to get from point A to B.

The only difference is the 24/7 coverage of 'terror' accidents vs. 'ordinary' ones. My guess is 'regular' car fatalities far outweigh the war on terror ones.

But I wouldn't worry too much, you probably won't get struck by lightning, be eaten by a shark or win the Lottery either.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Funem

That's a poor argument and I don't think I need to explain why that is.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Ill split him with you, we can start from the crotch and saw our way to the top.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The "terrorist" attacks are a temporary problem.

Literally millions are being killed in the Middle East.

The "refugees" have come to the society that industrialised Ethnic Cleansing.

The Social Welfare system ensures they will be easy to find.

After the Middle East has been fractured in a thousand pieces.

Only Turkey, Iran and the Saudis are left.

They seem intent on destroying each other.

We will make money helping them to do so.

Business as usual.....

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Those willing to terrorize should know what terror really is.

To any would be terrorists on american soil. I'm waiting.

I love it, Could you imagine him as the Head of the EU? lol I could!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What would your solution be?
Round up any and all Muslims and put them in camps?
Deport them all?
Mine would be staying the he'll out of the middle east. Unfortunately the US government likes getting stuck in over there, then our sheep of a government follow them in.
I'd rather leave em to it and look after ourselves for once. We might find we have less idiots running round on both sides causing problems.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

May I ask you, do you know what the difference between a terrorist and a citizen driving a car that happens to get into an accident is?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Keep Calm and Carry On just isn't cutting it anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The UK is used to attacks. Thankfully those carrying them out at the moment are no where near as effective as the IRA and others were in the 70s 80s and 90s.

The IRA vs. the Crown, I remember those days.

It might be useful to imagine what really is being perped in the current war on terror. the IRA was very real, so was their bid for independence.

The current 'attacks' are picnics by comparison. Yet there is much more potential than whats actually occurring, or is the war on terror faked by the various EU (NATO) states to garner public support for more spending to "Make Assad Go"?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightGoddess

May I ask you, do you know what the difference between a terrorist and a citizen driving a car that happens to get into an accident is?

TV coverage...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I like the way you turned the 'Terrorist into ordinary law abiding Muslim' non debate. That was a real sidewinder.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You should really be more concerned about what your Leaders are doing rather than people having accidents in cars.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I think forcing one's citizens to view attacks like these as the norm, and a fact of life, is a sure sign that their leaders need to take a drastically new tactic in dealing with terrorists, or be replaced. It's their responsibility to ensure the safety of their citizens. Forcing them to adapt to their failure to do so is unbelievably arrogant and self-serving.

That is it, forcing an entire people in their own Country to adapt to terror, not enough people are asking questions and no answers are being given. It's nothing short of insanity.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Read this it's interesting: Who really bombed Paris?

French-based Algerian spies initially given the task of infiltrating Islamist networks were transformed into agent provocateurs. In spring 1995, Ali Touchent, an Algerian agent, began to gather and incite a network of disaffected young men from north African backgrounds to commit terrorist attacks in France. The DRS's infiltrators, led by Zitouni, also pushed the GIA to eliminate some of the FIS's leaders living in Europe.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

'Terrorist into ordinary law abiding Muslim'

I see what you did there. Too much indoctrination, like I keep saying...

Can't really blame the people they are exposed everytime they turn on the "News".

Repetitive word association, "Programming" will resume again right after the next 'incident'.

Extremist, Islamist, Jihadist, Terrorist, i.e., Muslim.

Wash rinse repeat...

In another empire gone rogue the Jews were blamed as the excuse to begin world domination Here we are all over again.

Now just spend another trillion to go conquer the ME for oil and other resources.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon1967
Read this it's interesting: Who really bombed Paris?

French-based Algerian spies initially given the task of infiltrating Islamist networks were transformed into agent provocateurs. In spring 1995, Ali Touchent, an Algerian agent, began to gather and incite a network of disaffected young men from north African backgrounds to commit terrorist attacks in France. The DRS's infiltrators, led by Zitouni, also pushed the GIA to eliminate some of the FIS's leaders living in Europe.

Same thing happened at Mumbai.

Disaffected Pakis were promised money for their families, trained in secret, then sent on an undisclosed mission...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join