It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans learn to live with — and adapt to — terror attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think the thing is that Americans tend to forget that most of Europe has been experiencing terrorism (on and off) for decades. It's nothing new on this side of the pond. Italy (Red Brigades); France (Algerian nationalists); Spain (ETA); UK and Ireland (IRA); that's just off the top of my head.

Suddenly, America has a terrorist problem and so it all seems new and different because they're noticing it for the first time. It's really not new at all, and in fact terrorism is depressingly familiar to most of us. Perhaps it's a bit of a shock here in the UK, for the millennials, especially those born after the Good Friday Agreement (1998), but I can't claim to know the answer to that as I'm from Gen X.
edit on 25-6-2017 by audubon because: typo (missing word)

edit on 25-6-2017 by audubon because: previous edit managed to add a new typo!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightGoddess
a reply to: intrptr

You should really be more concerned about what your Leaders are doing rather than people having accidents in cars.

My whole point. BTW, "My leaders" are not mine and only front men. They don't pull the levers behind the curtain. And yes I am very aware and concerned for the dead, especially for the millions of dead and displaced in foreign lands.

The war on terror is fake, the real war for global domination is what you should be concerned about, too.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I don't think America has a terrorist problem .... yet. We had an inside operation that was blamed on terrorists and we can see the same concentrated effort to bring these people into our borders by the planeload. But I don't think it has reached critical mass here.

But we probably have the same people behind the import of these people. The same ones that are bringing them into Europe.

With this information, the campaign of politically correctness and the movement to remove our powers of association makes a lot more sense.

edit on 25-6-2017 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Suddenly, America has a terrorist problem and so it all seems new and different because they're noticing it for the first time. It's really not new at all, and in fact terrorism is depressingly familiar to most of us.

America has a power / greed problem. The current endless war cycle is new, 911 is the excuse for it, this time.

Blowback hasn't even begun yet. We think we are pretty safe behind the two giant moats called the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean.

Empires think they can continue to act with impunity...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The PIRA were effective for reasons that are not discussed in the media.

It was one of several Marxist organisations in Europe.

Spain, Italy and Germany had their versions.

It had a real and very old socioeconomic conflict as its basis.

It attacked Politicians as well as civilians.

It was a modern Western force with logic and Realpolitik controlling its actions.

They made many mistakes and errors of judgment along the way.

Still, the conflict was ended by political negotiation, not force.

Islamic extremists are a very different problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And my point is that the fakes making people fear walking down the street are the same fakes in charge of your life.

You Leaders own you and everyone else because we've let them. But why are you concerned for the dead, they aren't.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's been a slow process.

Take Human Abedin Hillary Clintons best buddy.
nypost.com...

Everything these two say is Oxymoron. Do as I say, not as I do. If HC had gotten into office that would have the end of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightGoddess

It's been a slow process.

Take Human Abedin Hillary Clintons best buddy.
nypost.com...

Everything these two say is Oxymoron. Do as I say, not as I do. If HC had gotten into office that would have the end of it.

You have identified one of the greatest dangers.

Huma Abedin and her access and influence will not escape history.

The power of money put her where she was.

Thankfully her control of US policy is zero now.

The donors to the Clinton Foundation must be disappointed.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

She was an inside threat, Its miraculous how things turned around so fast. Someones looking out for the People that much is clear. These are powerful people, but there must be others who are hidden who have the equivalent power the others do.

I know, and from what i've seen, they don't take defeat easily.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I am sure the USA is big enough to weather whatever storm the Islamists try to whip up. They're a pest, rather than an existential threat. You're not going under any time soon. If the US ever faces a real threat to its domestic stability, I think it will be from within rather than without.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightGoddess

Learn how to die from terrorist attacks is a more appropriate headline, gonna happen more and more.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think there may be a point when the Native Europeans finally say, enough is enough, and take more direct measures to erase the problem.

If we Really analyse the situation though, For "Great Britain" and all of Europe, there has ALWAYS been conflict and invasion, probably for the past 10,000 years or more.

Certainly in "recorded" times, we Know 2000 years ago, the Romans Invaded Europe and Britain and were the "Terrorists".
Then the Angles and Saxons, Then the Vikings, then the French, Spanish Tried, ...in between the Muslins invaded Southern Europe, The Yellow Asians invaded Eastern Europe.......Invasion Invasion all the time.

Somehow, the "Native" people fought back or invaders assimilated or started their own colonies/villages/communes...

Then The British Empire spread around the World, and invaded, the North Americas, Africa, India, China, Australia, and Terrorised those native populations and tried to impart Their influence on others who didnt want, or need it.

And, in doing so, caused Terrorism in those regions..........

So, is this Karma?.....or just Humanity at work....in its weird and wonderful?? way.

Terrorists exist in Europe....the reason is obvious, invasion and bombing and killing of Middle Eastern Natives.....By Europeans.....whether they be "American" Europeans or not is irrelevant.

Perhaps a solution, would be to stop bombing and killing ME Natives, let them sort their own mess, and send all the recent (last 20 years) "Immigrants" and illegals back Home to their own S**t Hole, and sort it out themselves......of course we will supply the guns and ammo.....at a price...in exchange for that icky black stuff.....

See easy fix.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

And that point is coming hard and fast!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I dont feel sorry for them, they allowed them in there country and called anyone who disagreed with it hateful bigots, if anyone tells them to send them back home they are hateful bigots. So, you can have your suicide killers, murderers, or whatever you wanna call em. Europe alone will become a muslim nation the same as they took the middle east. Good luck with that and hope y'all thought it was worth it!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Ill split him with you, we can start from the crotch and saw our way to the top.

May what we practice in text sharpen are skills.

edit on Rpm62517v54201700000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Those willing to terrorize should know what terror really is.

To any would be terrorists on american soil. I'm waiting.
Muslim no go zones in the U.S.A

They are already in the U.S, go get em tiger.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Let them cast the first stone otherwise I'm the terrorist.
I realise how I sound but that's something that can't be helped.
I mean what I say.

You think I'm not serious?
I am to old not to be.
edit on Rpm62517v23201700000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I think your thread sends a very important message to the civilized world!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I will take whatevers left with my saw.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What rationale are European leaders using to continue to justify their horribly failed policies in dealing with terrorists?
Another attack, another politician lambasting their own citizens for "Islamophobia". Look at that word. Islam phobia. Phobia, contrary to the oft used meaning these days, does not mean hatred towards or bigotry against. It means fear of. Fear of the extremist jihadis murdering people in the streets of their nations.
But NO! You're NOT allowed to be afraid of future attacks or Islamic extremists. THAT makes YOU a hateful bigot. And the chastising gets louder with every attack.
Yes, I do believe holding every Muslim accountable for the actions of a small number of their religion is both ridiculous and dangerous. But blindly ignoring that same small number of extremists in favor of twisting the narrative to blame the citizens of the attacked nation for provoking the attack through "lack of tolerance" is pure mental illness.
If that kind of hatred and intolerance towards Muslims in general truly existed, there'd be British and French suicide bombers detonating themselves in the streets of Riyadh and Lahore.
There aren't, by the way.
But the leaders double down every time it happens. If they were in Vegas gambling like they governed, they'd all have been taken into a windowless room and had their legs broken by a big dude named Jim by now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join