It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems behind 'Russian' dossier? Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators

A secretive Washington firm that commissioned the dubious intelligence dossier on Donald Trump is stonewalling congressional investigators trying to learn more about its connections to the Democratic Party.

The Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this month threatened to subpoena the firm, Fusion GPS, after it refused to answer questions and provide records to the panel identifying who financed the error-ridden dossier, which was circulated during the election and has sparked much of the Russia scandal now engulfing the White House.

What is the company hiding? Fusion GPS describes itself as a “research and strategic intelligence firm” founded by “three former Wall Street Journal investigative reporters.” But congressional sources says it’s actually an opposition-research group for Democrats, and the founders, who are more political activists than journalists, have a pro-Hillary, anti-Trump agenda.

“These weren’t mercenaries or hired guns,” a congressional source familiar with the dossier probe said. “These guys had a vested personal and ideological interest in smearing Trump and boosting Hillary’s chances of winning the White House.”

Fusion GPS was on the payroll of an unidentified Democratic ally of Clinton when it hired a long-retired British spy to dig up dirt on Trump. In 2012, Democrats hired Fusion GPS to uncover dirt on GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. And in 2015, Democrat ally Planned Parenthood retained Fusion GPS to investigate pro-life activists protesting the abortion group.

More, federal records show a key co-founder and partner in the firm was a Hillary Clinton donor and supporter of her presidential campaign.

Click link for entire article...

If true, and I believe it is, the current old guard in the Democratic party are done. To intentionally plunge this country into turmoil by creating a situation to try and impeach the president is reprehensible. The Democrats keep wondering why they can't win elections and its apparent some in the Democratic party no longer feel the need to try. T0hey will just try to buy elections and subvert those who arent democrats who won.

There better be a criminal investigation and people better be charged if crimes were in fact committed. This includes Republican John McCain who leaked this mess to the media when it all started.

ETA - Additional sources
* - Report: Pro-Clinton Group Behind Russian Dossier on Trump

A Clinton-backed group was reportedly behind the promotion of the unverified Russian dossier that contained scurrilous allegations against President Trump, according to the New York Post.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is considering subpoenaing the research firm Fusion GPS as the firm remains silent about the possibility of funding of the dossier.

The firm has a long history of investigating Republicans at the behest of Democrats. Fusion GPS was hired by Democrats to find damaging information on Trump as well as Mitt Romney in 2012.

Planned Parenthood has also used the firm to attack pro-life activists.

Click link for article...
edit on 25-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is probably true, the Democrats do this kind of stuff way more than the Republicans do. The Republicans took care of someone in their ranks who actually was passing false rumors about the Democrats, they canned the guy, he was not supposed to make up lies and spread them. Now who paid for this stuff, is it more related to the Democratic party or directly to Clinton? That is what I would like to know the answer to.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm sure that the guys that Swift Boated John Kerry were bipartisan. I'm equally sure that the people behind the DNC hacks and WikiLeaks drip were also squeaky clean bipartisan, who only had the best interest of the US at heart.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

People directly linked to Clinton footed the bill. Even more damning is the FBI is also refusing to cooperate with the intelligence committee investigating the matter. It is good to know that in addition to Lynch, FBI deputy director Mcabe is also under DOJ investigation for his links to Clinton and failing to disclose those links while he oversaw her email investigation.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

All good points however in this case we are dealing with FusionGPS and Clinton.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Fusion GPS was likely paid for by George Soros - Open Society Foundations or one or more of the other front Org he runs.

edit on 25-6-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Vision of a room full of Fed's all holding guns on each other.
All yelling FREEZE.

NO not condoning violence. I saw that in a comedy movie recently.
CIA, FBI, NSA and the local Sheriff all arrive at the scene at the same time. Everybody pulls a gun.
Anyway...

It's not funny when you have to write a disclaimer but knowing this crowd I felt I should.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sketchy story alright.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Usually you are more animated.. like a characature.

Ill check the source.

Its obvious with anyone looking with clear eyes.. but then im not a democrat or republican. So... i get to have clear eyes..

I hate trump, but that doesnt blind me to the fake attacks reaching at straws; covering up the real stories is childs play..

My friends are hard at work on psy ops.

You guys all lose if you consume products created to make money called "news." And most of the sources are cia...

Its such a joke. Not a funny joke.

I wish i coukd tell you all what was around me.
Dont trust.. "the news"

There is a power struggle now. Thats the best position i have seen for real truth to come out ive ever seen my entire life.

Keep eyes open.

Situationsl awareness is paramount these days.

Teump is easy to hate.

Be MORE aware.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Im not familiar with washington post but they used unnamed sources..

I cant check..

Do they have a good track record anyone?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The fact that the FBI agreed to pay Steele for further info is the worst part of this. That really stinks.
The Hill

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The whole point of the dossier was to collect damaging intel on Trump that the Republicans could use against him in the primaries, and this continued a the Democrats footed the bill for a while after Trump was elected.

It wasn't taken very seriously by the F.B.I., in fact, Steele, the British spy, had to keep pressuring them to take it seriously. The media also were wary of using it as a source.

I've seen the dossier, I wouldn't be surprised if it was false and I don't think the intelligence in the report was legitimate at any rate.
edit on 25pmSun, 25 Jun 2017 19:41:42 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm sure that the guys that Swift Boated John Kerry were bipartisan. I'm equally sure that the people behind the DNC hacks and WikiLeaks drip were also squeaky clean bipartisan, who only had the best interest of the US at heart.

Did the swift boat thing lead to tons of investigations into the president?

Did the republicans pay for Wikipedia?

Oh, so neither of those two things are remotely close to this.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
One thing this doesn't mention is that the dossier was originally compiled by Republicans who wanted to find dirt on Trump during the primaries. After Trump won, that was when Democrats began pay-rolling the dossier.

It was handed to the F.B.I. but not taken seriously, it was leaked to the media and not taken seriously enough to use as a source for most of their articles. There was even an article on CNN talking about the dossier not being credible.

This dossier was the one with the golden showers and the Russian hotel.

It was McCain and Graham. I'm of the opinion they fall into the category of enemy, when I look at the Oath I once took and never repudiated.

Foreign or domestic.

If any truth to any of that existed, I think it would have been played at this point. It's really late in the 4th quarter and the left is down by 15.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's not the point. The point is, those who are slinging mud at political candidates ARE NEVER non partisan! To demand that as a criteria for determining the veracity of the data being presented is absurd. A friendly partisan would never reveal their candidate's shortcomings or flaws! Only the opposition does that, whether their story is true, false or exaggerated.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's not the point. The point is, those who are slinging mud at political candidates ARE NEVER non partisan! To demand that as a criteria for determining the veracity of the data being presented is absurd. A friendly partisan would never reveal their candidate's shortcomings or flaws! Only the opposition does that, whether their story is true, false or exaggerated.

But that's irrelevant.

The issue is that this dossier was and is still taken seriously by the media and even people in the intelligence agencies.

The fact that the organization behind it now appears to be working in tandem with the democrats, and this document, despite its obvious errors had a part in starting investigations is an outrage.

But since you are willing to admit it is partisan, I assume you will denounce it and the unfounded allegations of Russia trump collusion, and will criticize the dems and media for still attempting to push it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

They are done. Trump got the Democrats to kill themselves off.

There is no coming back from this.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The issue is that this dossier was and is still taken seriously by the media and even people in the intelligence agencies.

Do you contend that it shouldn't be taken seriously simply because it was funded by anti-Trump folks?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

They are done. Trump got the Democrats to kill themselves off.

There is no coming back from this.

I really hope that is true....Leftist scumbags are the scourge of the country.
The hilarious part is they paid all that money to get the dirt on Trump and all they get is that completely fabricated nonsense from Steele.
Suckers.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
More of the "wanting to hear/believe/discuss what we want to hear and believe!" nonsense, huh?

We're still doing that? Oh..ok...

The GOP/Republicans funded Steele and the dossier. When Trump won the primary, the Democrats/Hillary took over and kept funding Steele's investigative work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join