It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems behind 'Russian' dossier? Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grambler

The issue is that this dossier was and is still taken seriously by the media and even people in the intelligence agencies.

Do you contend that it shouldn't be taken seriously simply because it was funded by anti-Trump folks?

Yes that is exactly what I contend.

A simple phone call could have confirmed trumps lawyer not only never has been to prague, but was at his sons ball game with hundreds of witnesses when he was supposed to have been there.

Also, the golden shower story was laughable.

Given that this was a partisan report and a few quick checks could have debunked large sections of it, why was it taken seriously?

So next time a dem is in power, ihave a dossier that shows they are in to having Korean hookers paint themselves orange like trump, and colluding with Koreans.

So I guess it will be years of investigating every democrat, completing shutting down the agenda, and 24 7 media coverage about dem Korean collusion.

But you are cool with that right, that's how you think politics work.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To the 2 posters claiming this started out as a Republican plan for their primaries -

Can either one of you cite a source to back that claim up?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

According to reports, the dossier was created as part of opposition research on Trump. The investigation into Trump was initially funded by "Never Trump" Republicans and later by Democrats.

The dossier was produced as part of opposition research during the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The research was initially funded by Republicans who did not want Trump to be the Republican Party nominee for president. After Trump won the primaries, a Democratic client took over the funding; and, following Trump's election, Steele continued working on the report pro bono and passed on the information to British and American intelligence services.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
To the 2 posters claiming this started out as a Republican plan for their primaries -

Yeah, it's called Google.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Checking the 2 articles cited as sources (#7 and #8 in the list) for that wikipedia entry is problematic since it doesnt name any sources. The second issue is source #7 is the New York Times.
edit on 25-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yeah, it's called Google.

So then that would be no, you cant substantiate the claim...

check.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Remember that dossier on Trump and Russia? Here are 16 reasons we now know it wasn’t “fake news.”

10 key Donald Trump allegations from the classified Russia dossier

The Trump “Dossier” Is Looking More Credible All the Time

I'm on mobile so I will post more tomorrow.

But I am glad you are on record as still defending this dossier.

So please, go on with the pee narratives.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It is interesting watching some defend the dossier when its been debunked time and again.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It wasn't my assertion and I wasn't really trying to prove it. Your question just got me curious so I did a search and shared the results. But I'm curious, what kind of source would satisfy you as to who was first to fund the research that went into the dossier? Didn't John McCain have it before the Democrats and Buzzfeed?

My main problem is yours, and others, sentiment to readily dismiss the dossier in its entirety because it was funded by anti-Trump folk. I don't think that's a valid criteria.

But, what I think is probably the most damning info in it, and what we haven't seen, is the evidence it supposedly gives for Trump's (accidental) involvement in money laundering, that may have allowed him to be compromised in other areas......from what I've read.

edit on 25-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

A source with a name for starters. I am sick of the anonymous source bs.

McCain stated he received the dossier and gave it to the intel committee or FBI (I forget which one), where it then got leaked. That was supposedly the reason the FBI withdrew their offer to pay to get the dossier. Nothing in the dossier could be verified and the sourcing, as stated, was the friend of a friend who heard it from a guy whose going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night.

Nothing in the dossier can be confirmed / verified and thats a large part of the reason it was not included in the intelligence assessment given to congress.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Remember that dossier on Trump and Russia? Here are 16 reasons we now know it wasn’t “fake news.”

10 key Donald Trump allegations from the classified Russia dossier

The Trump “Dossier” Is Looking More Credible All the Time

Allow me to add a few more to the list, because I always love a good list:

Christopher Steele - Intelligence Sources vouch for his credibility

Trump Russia Dossier Gains Credibility as Senators Prepare to Meet with its Author

Trump - Russian connections....FAR DEEPER than anyone ever imagined

EDIT: Oh you posted those links because you actually believe what they say? Just to make it clear I'm posting these to point out how dumb they now look in retrospect.
edit on 26/6/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I looked at your links. The only claims that are true have literally nothing to do with any wrongdoing by trump and is stuff any kid in high school with half a brain could tell you.

The rest is either unverified or proven false.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

McCain stated he received the dossier and gave it to the intel committee or FBI (I forget which one), where it then got leaked.

The dossier was in Sen McCain's hands before it was in the Democrats hands, right? And it was Mc Cain that sent it to the FBI. Anyway, it was foreign intel that first alerted the USA of questionable and concerning meetings of Trump's cohorts.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

McCain stated he received the dossier and gave it to the intel committee or FBI (I forget which one), where it then got leaked.

The dossier was in Sen McCain's hands before it was in the Democrats hands, right? And it was Mc Cain that sent it to the FBI. Anyway, it was foreign intel that first alerted the USA of questionable and concerning meetings of Trump's cohorts.

and at the time it was sent to the FBI, Democrats controlled the Executive branch, including the DOJ and FBI. Secondly if I paid for a dossier the last thing I would do is give it to a Democrat to "turn it in" to the FBI / DOJ.

How long did it take investigators to discover the group who made the dossier, the guy who wrote the dossier, had links to democratic groups?

"All warfare is based on deception".

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Wasn't the guy who wrote the dossier Christopher Steele. What evidence do you have that he was partial to Democrats?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Wasn't the guy who wrote the dossier Christopher Steele. What evidence do you have that he was partial to Democrats?
en.wikipedia.org...

According to reports he knew the ideological leaning of the people who hired him to create the fabricated dossier on Trump.

Confirmed: "Unknown" Republican, Democrat Paid For Anti-Trump Report

Supposedly the Republican was a superpac linked to Jeb Bush however there is nothing to verify that. Ironically there is no info for the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Eventually the money trail will link the so call firm and who order the dossier.

I am sure this will be big news because it was not only Democrats politicians behind the order of the Dossier but also Republicans.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That part is dubious...

They know the name / group of the Republican who wanted it but not the Democrat?

Convenient... smells like classic misdirection using overly specific info.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

According to reports he knew the ideological leaning of the people who hired him to create the fabricated dossier on Trump.

Fabricated! That's quite an accusation! You just keep losing credibility!

There was nothing in your ZeroHedge article that said Steele was paid to fabricate the dossier! And yes, it never has been a secret that anti-Trump folk paid for the research! So what? That is not an acceptable criteria for rejection.

edit on 26-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join