It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Hot Seat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Okay, got it. No prob.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I thought when you started a thread you are thrown onto a hot seat automatically to learn to defend yourself from attacks.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
You have a point, but it depends on the topic of the thread or the forum. Sometimes just a reply or a comment to someone else's thread can get us to a lengthy debate with a fellow member which is fine if we take it as an exchange of views to learn from not as a pissing contest.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm not so sure its a good idea, or rather the idea is good if only everybody is well intentioned. I'm not sure that would be the case, but if the OP had a good set of rules to go by, it could be a bit of fun. Maybe it's best to chat with a mod, there may even be rules already to suit.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The problem with that is in a thread, you go after the topic, not the member...
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Sounds like fun. On occasion, one might take amusement from the 'ruffled feathers'.....

I do not believe I would participate even though I would like to see a few of our liberal, progressive, Marxist, trollish members dissected... I figure Karma will take care of them and my hands will be clean..

Otherwise it might be a good idea for those who like such things..

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Sounds like fun. On occasion, one might take amusement from the 'ruffled feathers'.....

I do not believe I would participate even though I would like to see a few of our liberal, progressive, Marxist, trollish members dissected... I figure Karma will take care of them and my hands will be clean..

Otherwise it might be a good idea for those who like such things..

It would 'flirt' with the 'roast' concept, to some degree and the volunteering of the participants. Those doing the grilling would have to agree to sit in that 'hot seat', themselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We could call it..............Questions From The Cosmos

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
nwtrucker got it to a tee, and what better forum to discuss this than BBQ... BB&Q?

a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Yeah, maybe Questions From The Cosmological Hell Hole?... we can throw the whole idea to the trash bin now or give it time to incubate... then throw it to the trash bin.

Thanks guys.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I wanted a blog section. Doesn't fly for the same reason:
Not who says it matters, but what they say.
The beauty of ATS in a narcissistic society....

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well, there is this old chestnut of a thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Whoah!... hold your horses... no big deal to me. We can look at the situation as a microcosm of a government. We need a semblance of order even if we don't agree with it otherwise anarchy will prevail... oh, I noticed your signature... carry on.

a reply to: Ahabstar
Thank you for the link... reading it now.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

And sometimes there were really good big guests at AMA. Icke, the Colonel of the one world army, Jim Ohberg I believe started as AMA? ...
They appease us with great gifts from time to time.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Yeah, maybe Questions From The Cosmological Hell Hole?... we can throw the whole idea to the trash bin now or give it time to incubate... then throw it to the trash bin.

Thanks guys.

This idea isn't going to fly.
No roasts....no dissections of other members.

There is a long standing policy about threads about members: we do not allow them.
No goodbye threads. No threads about banned members. No bitchfests about the political other side.

We do have a few exceptions. Birthday threads are an example. As is the Softball thread. And threads generated by staff.

If you have a suggestion like this: to present your case, please use the complaint option and staff/Owners will discuss and get back to you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join