It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Man Arrested after Threatening to Assassinate Trump via Facebook.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

An Edwardsville man posted on Facebook that he wanted to assassinate President Donald Trump, according to federal authorities.

Joseph Lynn Pickett was charged with threatening the president of the United States on June 15.

Wow, surprised none of our residents Fanboys posted this as, once again, PROOF that the left is crazy and wants a civil war.

I know the first thing people will say: Crazy Liberal, Loony left, etc. Is he, or is he just NUTS?

Well, after posting a serious of very disturbing messages that seems like he wanted to get arrested, he is now jailed without bond, which is a good thing. Dude's nuts. Also, he seems to own medical bills around $150k, has been unemployed since February, has been receiving food stamps, and he father supports him. Typical liberal.

Also, police have been called to his house NINETEEN (19) times over the years, including suicide threats and aggravated assault. Jesus.

Before living in Edwardsville, Pickett lived in Troy. Police responded to Pickett’s home on Webster Street 19 times between 1999 and 2007 for various calls including suicide threats and aggravated assault.

In July 2007, police took Pickett into custody because he was standing in the street and screaming. Officers brought him to the police station, where he took a swing at an officer. Pickett missed, but was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, aggravated assault and property damage.

Joseph L. Pickett, 45, did not vote in either the primary or general elections in 2016. In 2008, he only voted in the primary, and took a Republican ballot. He took a Democratic ballot in the 1992 primary.

Now that doesn't mean much, simply taking a R primary ballot, I'll admit.

“Honestly am I really going to have to kill trump before our fine Government (the jack booted thugs they are) actually takes me into custody for threatening to assassinate President Donald Trump?” Pickett wrote. “I mean he sold our country to The Russians. He is a Benedict Arnold but hey the (expletive) is our President even though he needs a blade in his neck. And you dumb, asses who stick up for him...who’s gonna protect you when someone like me comes t (sic) take you out.”

I'd say the guy is just NUTS, er, is actually mentally ill. Why? Because:

Link1
Link2

Loony liberal, or just plain Loon?

Mental illness is a serious problem in this country.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Loony Liberal/Leftist/Progressive/Terrorist/Icky Other... duh.

Anyway... hope the guy gets some mental help along with his jail time.
edit on 6/22/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Sounds to me like he is using it as an out to get away from all of his responsibilities.

I mean if he's convicted and sentenced, he could be taken care (by the State) of for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

the guy is an idiot - but they must have actually thought he might go through with it (or just wanted to make an example out of him) if they tracked him down like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So you call us out if we point at the lunatics but secretly you want us to call them out to make fun of us. Wow. You people are so far gone i don't think there is a way for you to ever coming back from that. Good riddance to that guy btw. You seriously need to take a chill pill. The situation is messing with your head.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Well based upon his post, it would seem that he has been indoctrinated into the views the radical left MSM have been peddling.

That would make him a violent extremist and that is exactly what TPTB are going for, we have seen plenty of examples of this as of late.

link   
Just another loser who isn't capable of making his own way in this world.

Was probably a huge burden to his family his entire life, and now he'll wind up with the best medical treatment money can by for the rest of his life- and it's on the house.

The house being us, of course.
Maybe this was his plan all along.

link   
Can we please just leave the politics out of it and say the guy's a fu**in nutjob? I know I'm usually eyeball deep in the political BS, but, damn, can we just please give it a rest?
I will bet hard money you and I have more in common than not.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Can we please just leave the politics out of it and say the guy's a fu**in nutjob? I know I'm usually eyeball deep in the political BS, but, damn, can we just please give it a rest?

You are right about our way out of the mess.

However what we are witnessing is some high level psychological manipulation being employed through the media and the rest of hollyweird to radicalize elements of the left that are too naive to know they are being manipulated.

Given the narrative we have seen since Trump won, it would be impossible to leave politics out of a nutjob screaming about assassination.
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

So you call us out if we point at the lunatics but secretly you want us to call them out to make fun of us. Wow. You people are so far gone i don't think there is a way for you to ever coming back from that. Good riddance to that guy btw. You seriously need to take a chill pill. The situation is messing with your head.

You people?

The situation is messing with your head.

Not really.

I just find it funny how some people will rationalize another viewpoint when it's comes from "you people" and when the narrative has slightly changed.

Thanks for confirming that.

ETA:

But yes, I am making fun of "you people."
edit on 22-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

the guy is an idiot - but they must have actually thought he might go through with it (or just wanted to make an example out of him) if they tracked him down like that.

They have to arrest him. He threatened the President of the US.

More than once.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Sounds to me like he is using it as an out to get away from all of his responsibilities.

It does sound like he might be desperate, but also given his history he has some serious issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes you people. You could've posted this story without the jabs at the Trump supporters but you didn't. This tells me that you made a conscious decision and are fully aware of the fact that the OP could trigger a certain response. Good job.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This is you, isn't it.

It's okay.

*hugs*

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes you people. You could've posted this story without the jabs at the Trump supporters but you didn't. This tells me that you made a conscious decision and are fully aware of the fact that the OP could trigger a certain response. Good job.

Thanks.

Yes, it was a conscious decision how I framed the OP.

Because it would have been framed the other way had others gotten to it first.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Prisons gonna be full soon over there with all the crazies running round making threats . Maybe they can just fence off california and sentence them to go there .

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is you, isn't it.

It's okay.

*hugs*

If you need a hug all you have to do is ask, DB.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Thanks.

Yes, it was a conscious decision how I framed the OP.

Because it would have been framed the other way had others gotten to it first.

The f#ck? ATS is not part of any comeptition or are you just eager to gather stars and flags at all costs. Some threads that i read lately are seriously suggesting that the OP's suffer from heatstroke.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Another dumb ass bad ass running his mouth on social media too dumb to realize anything he says can be traced right back to him!

Wonder what college he attended and how much money he owes?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: DAVID64

You are right about our way out of the mess.

However what we are witnessing is some high level psychological manipulation being employed through the media and the rest of hollyweird to radicalize elements of the left that are too naive to know they are being manipulated.

Given the narrative we have seen since Trump won, it would be impossible to leave politics out of a nutjob screaming about assassination.

You are exactly spot on!

People forget that under Obama, legislation was made to make propaganda legal? Thus we see the Corporate run media, spewing forth lie after lie and we see the violence that is being created because of it?????

Yea, this is MKULTRA squared!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join