It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG..Federal Judge Rules that displaying the HOLY CROSS is Unconstitutional!.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: carewemust

Is the park owned by the Government and paid for by tax dollars including the cross???

I don't see the connection where the Federal Government and the park are combined.

Next stop, Arlington National Cemetery.

Plenty crosses there.

edit on 6 21 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

For the most part I don't see the big deal with leaving it actually. I'm big on the separation of church and state and stuff but it's a big white T for the most part.

I could understand if they were wanting to put it up now, but it's been there for a while and I don't see what the big deal is.

At least it doesn't also have a dying Jesus hanging on it like some others do.

I find it funny that the four people who complained got 1 dollar to split between them in damages.

I would imagine it also has to do with the city tax budget used for its maintenance as well. If I were to take up that fight, that is the angle I would use to oppose it being there. As a resident that may not have that same religious belief, why should their taxes be spent to care for a religious symbol that is not in line with your belief?

I say, privatize it, and the land it sits upon. Let the sheep take care of it, on their own dollar.

2 of them moved to canada.

lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Is the park owned by the Government and paid for by tax dollars including the cross???

I don't see the connection where the Federal Government and the park are combined.

Plenty crosses there.

See comments on this topic in prior posts. It has been discussed.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Kostafa

With the separation of church and state, I don't really see an issue with this. There's thousands of places people can go to worship a symbol.

As long as it's consistent and decisions like this aren't put into action as a result of whoever cries the loudest.

I wonder how many city properties in America have a Holy Cross, or a Jesus in the manger at Christmas? Now, every nutjob who eschews productive activities in life, can cite this Pensacola example as a precedent for their city park cleared of any religious items or images.

I'm guessing the Pensacola example was a permanent fixture and not a temporary celebratory symbol.

I get what you're saying, and you're right, this will most likely be used to that effect, but I still don't take issue with that. There's established places for religious symbolism and exhibiting and celebrating one's religion. I for one don't think shared public property is that place.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What has gotten in to U.S. Federal Judges this year? First they make it illegal for the U.S. government to properly screen for incoming terrorists, and now one says that displaying the Holy Cross is against the United States Constitution!

What is happening is the global agenda is simply being rolled out. The judges know this and know that if they want to continue in their jobs they must give these rulings.

You must learn of open you eyes and see theglobal egenda; The current agenda item being rolled out is;

Swamp all western countries with dark skinned muslims and perhaps later down the track, with Asians.
Focus the public heavily on tolerance and diversity so 50% of them wont resist (remeber all the welcome signs in europ when they came by plane.)
Wait unil violence reduces the populaiton and or expels the white population
Wait for the countries to turn into rubble and broken states.
Move in with UN (US) 'peace keeing forces" and hold and maintain
Install dark skinned muslims into goverments.
Wait for 10 - 20 years for the former first world countries turn into 2nd or 3rd would countries.
complete the depopulation unitl the target is reached.

The result will be a world that resembles the world of the 1800's, where the masses know their place and did not make trouble. Where the super rich owned and run the country and everybody was happy.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Because it takes time...

The thing most people don't know is that they are all relatively new anyway..

America has a big fundamentalist Christian movement in the late 1800's and added "in god we trust" and Christian federal holidays and such.

Before then everyone was smart enough to realize that it might not be your personal flavor of Christianity that takes power..

Hell Abraham Lincoln rejected making Christmas a holiday..

So all of that stuff was more of a trend than the normal state of things anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017
..You will be whining in the bottomless pit in the end brother.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Only fundamentalists, religious nuts whine about the separation of cults and state.
The left behind states in the former US would maybe live in the present, without the influnce of thei
r christian cults, wouldn´t be redneck or religious cult states anymore.
But a "nation"that needs to follow fairy tale idols...

I mean, look at that moloch former USA, in big parts a third world country, most left behind parts are those parts where the people are following any religious cults, what a coincidence...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yeah....because Muslims and Buddhists founded America right?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Almost entirely false except the Abraham Lincoln thing. That is true...but pretty sure it had more to do with it being on a pagan holiday.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
In the words of Bill Hicks: "If Jesus comes back do you think he ever wants to see another f***ing cross?"

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Maybe because the state isn't supposed to favor any religion, nor establish a national religion ..maybe???

and posting one single religions iconography would be favoring a religion??

If that is the case how can we spend a single tax dollar flying in Muslim refugees?
They can actually do things whereas a cross cannot.
More government hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

Stupid whiny religious people, always gotta make a big deal about something.

it seems to me that stupid whiny atheists and humanist made a big deal about this, believers and religious people people never said a word about the cross being there until the stupid whiny atheists and humanist cried about it.

edit on 21-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Plenty crosses there.

I think we need a new crop of Federal Judges. It seems that some anti-America force is getting a grip on them. Could be a new Russian remote-manipulation experiment.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The USA was founded on Freedom OF religion. NOT Freedom FROM religion.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The USA was founded on Freedom OF religion. NOT Freedom FROM religion.

Good point. This story made me feel very uneasy when I saw it last night. God has protected and blessed America/Americans more than any other country on Earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I suppose it depends on where you are displaying said cross and the manner and context regarding the intent of the display.

Such is life in this politically correct universe of our own creation.

Fact is through the US, just like any other civilised nation, should denounce any role of government in religion or any role of religion in government.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It is a slippery slope.
I have no religion but I respect history and heritage. It would be a slightly different discussion if we were debating whether to erect a new cross today but when people want to destroy the past it makes me think of the Taliban blowing up the giant Buddha carvings.
Wanton vandalism.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What I want to know, is when is the Government going to remove the phrase

"In God We Trust"

from the back of the U.S. Dollar Bill.

I'm sure nobody is going to approve putting all the deities there, like

"In God and Allah and Shiva and Vishnu...We Trust"

etc...

The Bible says you cannot serve both God and Money. So, how come God is on the Money?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join