It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG..Federal Judge Rules that displaying the HOLY CROSS is Unconstitutional!.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And THEY are the ones who WANT a Christian Theocracy.

HINT people...

"A Handmaid's Tale" is NOT what America SHOULD be. Sorry folks.

It SEEMS that many on here would love nothing MORE than to see the America in Margaret Attwood's book come TRUE.

The FACT people like that even EXIST in this country is more terrifying than ISIS. They are an INTERNAL threat to undermine our religiously-neutral gov.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Look at all the crosses on the tombstones at the national veteran cemeteries. I suppose they have to remove all those headstones from public land.

This idiotic racy is going to make a lot of people cross.

Symbols allowed on government headstones. No one should be assumed a Christian by placing a cross on their tombstone.

www.cem.va.gov...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: carewemust

If you are a Catholic or identify as 'Christian', then you should rejoice at this news, for it compliments the words written in the Apocalypse of John approx 1700 years ago.

Impressive accuracy.

I certainly agree the times are clear in my opinion but I think the cross that was used to torture and kill should not be used in the first place. I don't think we are supposed to have pictures, statues, and crosses.

Deuteronomy 5:8
You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the ear

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Maybe because the state isn't supposed to favor any religion, nor establish a national religion ..maybe???

and posting one single religions iconography would be favoring a religion??

It is a CITY park thing been there since the 40's. Been used as veteran memorial gatherings and such.
I find it odd since we have on the sea shores in every small town and city, parks with a cross as memorials to those lost each year at sea.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I see this as a good thing. Once you open the door to one religious symbol. You open the door to other religious symbols you might not agree with.

Imagine that this case won. Now the Satanic church wants to come along and display their cross in the park as well. And you can't do anything about it because there is legal precedent.

Sometimes things happen for a reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I completely support this. I don't want to see any religious icon in any public setting.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Look at all the crosses on the tombstones at the national veteran cemeteries. I suppose they have to remove all those headstones from public land.

This idiotic racy is going to make a lot of people cross.

Why are Christmas trees put up at the White hHouseand Easter and all of the other stuff done.

From the beginning, the country called itself Christain.

On January 4, 1792, descriptions from President Washington's disclosed plan for the "City of Washington, in the District of Columbia" were published in The Gazette of the United States, Philadelphia.

A century later in 1891, a meeting was held to revive plans to build the church intended for national purposes. It was to be a Christian cathedral.

The building of the cathedral finally started in 1907 with a ceremonial address by President Theodore Roosevelt.

Cross on top actually the whole building is cross-shaped.

I agree with Sublimecraft in that we are seeing prophecy fulfilled.
www.nps.gov...

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher … whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

Congress has indeed retained paid (Christian) chaplains since 1789 (not 1777) to open sessions with prayer and to provide spiritual guidance to members and their staffs upon request.

edit on 21-6-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kostafa

With the separation of church and state, I don't really see an issue with this. There's thousands of places people can go to worship a symbol.

As long as it's consistent and decisions like this aren't put into action as a result of whoever cries the loudest.

Then what is the difference having Moses and the ten commandments on the Supreme Court? Among multitudes of other things?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JoshuaCox

But why NOW? It's not like the cross was put there last week. Certainly the US Constitution wasn't recently modified.

Some cities are pretty homogenous in their beliefs. Crosses don't offend christians in a nearly all christian city

True. However, if the city collect taxes and other state and federal funds, the United States Constitution applies....all of it. Even if nobody in the city is of a different religious belief. Local laws cannot overrule the supreme law of this land.... The U.S. Constitution.

You mean we should strip down the nation and start over? Big job.
National Christmas tree.

When Boise fifth-grader Isabella Gerard flips the switch on the Capitol’s west lawn on Tuesday, she’ll light up an 80-foot Engelmann spruce from Idaho’s Payette National Forest that cost an estimated $600,000 to move across the country.

Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

Easter at the White House

The First Family welcomed visitors to the White House on Monday, April 17th to participate in the 139th Easter Egg Roll

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

SHow me in the BIBLE where someone cut down a PINE TREE and dragged into their MIDDLE EAST home and decorated it?

Christmas trees are PAGAN in origin.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
EASTER is also a PAGAN fertility festival that was hijacked and stolen by Rome/early Christians.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Christmas trees symbolize Joy, love, thankfulness, Etc

Ever see that Charlie Brown Episode?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What are they going to do about the Capital Building which is powerloaded with religious symbols & symbolisms. Perhaps more than any other place on earth, sick diversity at that (everyone in history could be offended).

Riddles in Stone - The Secret Architecture of Washington D.C.

Shhh! Our government was established by a bunch of rich, white, racists in the eyes of the same people who applaud this, and they would love to tear it ALL down. It doesn't matter what excuse they use to do it with.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yes. That's *exactly* what they mean.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

What has gotten in to U.S. Federal Judges this year? First they make it illegal for the U.S. government to properly screen for incoming terrorists, and now one says that displaying the Holy Cross is against the United States Constitution!

A federal judge has ruled that a cross in Pensacola’s Bayview Park violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and must be removed within 30 days.

“I am aware that there is a lot of support in Pensacola to keep the cross as is, and I understand and I understand and respect that point of view,” U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson wrote in his ruling. “But, the law is the law.”

Source Article: www.northescambia.com...

What's next? No audible prayers allowed in public? It seems that the U.S. is heading down that slippery slope doesn't it?

-CareWeMust

If you look art the establishment clause it makes sense. By that clause out currency is it of compliance as it establishes a religious focus also in god we trust, as monotheism, polytheism and atheism are indirectly referenced, impacted.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I guess the real question is what does the constitution imply. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

With the separation of church and state, I don't really see an issue with this. There's thousands of places people can go to worship a symbol.

As long as it's consistent and decisions like this aren't put into action as a result of whoever cries the loudest.

I wonder how many city properties in America have a Holy Cross, or a Jesus in the manger at Christmas? Now, every nutjob who eschews productive activities in life, can cite this Pensacola example as a precedent for their city park cleared of any religious items or images.

I'm guessing the Pensacola example was a permanent fixture and not a temporary celebratory symbol.

I get what you're saying, and you're right, this will most likely be used to that effect, but I still don't take issue with that. There's established places for religious symbolism and exhibiting and celebrating one's religion. I for one don't think shared public property is that place.

Established places include the whole of the USA from a historic point of view.
The decorating of light posts, public buildings, and roadways store windows and homes, the ambiance of the (holly-days) the whole country has looked forward to and participated in from day one.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
I guess the real question is what does the constitution imply. a reply to: carewemust

Sorry, but I have never read it. God is higher authority than any Constitution anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I suppose it depends on where you are displaying said cross and the manner and context regarding the intent of the display.

Such is life in this politically correct universe of our own creation.

Fact is through the US, just like any other civilised nation, should denounce any role of government in religion or any role of religion in government.

I would be interested to know if that City Gov puts up Christmas ornaments in Dec.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

SHow me in the BIBLE where someone cut down a PINE TREE and dragged into their MIDDLE EAST home and decorated it?

Christmas trees are PAGAN in origin.

Totally agree and I don't celebrate it or the others but the whole nation always has.If you take away one thing would that not mean instantaneously all the others have to go?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join