It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG..Federal Judge Rules that displaying the HOLY CROSS is Unconstitutional!.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Another way of looking at it is that the dollar bill is full of Freemasonry and Egyptian symbols and religions. The word "God" could be Freemasonry god. I suppose that's why people don't care and don't complain about it so much.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Look at all the crosses on the tombstones at the national veteran cemeteries. I suppose they have to remove all those headstones from public land.

This idiotic racy is going to make a lot of people cross.

I believe that is different since for other denominations, a different headstone is used. It is a headstone commemorating the person laid to rest there, not a generic public statement.

Every headstone in the national cemetaries I have been to have a cross at the top. I suppose if you weren't a christian you couldn't get buried in one of the Veteran spots. I have been to only about five big cemetaries and maybe twenty smaller ones, but I never saw a non christian headstone. I suppose there are some in areas where Christianity is not so profound. Just because I have never seen one of those older veteran headstones without a cross does not mean they don't exist. I think those veterans units were built around the time of WW11 and up to the korean and Vietnam war they were still planting people in those areas.

My father was half native american and was not a christian. He followed native teachings all his life. He was part of our military for most of his life. He also got a little white cross on his tombstone in that military graveyard . It would have made him sick and it makes me sick to this day whenever I visit that grave. Maybe we should start talking about this.

Evidently they now offer different symbols on the tombstones now, I do not know how long they have been doing that. I haven't been to a cemetary and looked at those military headstones in a long time. I have seen the footstones on graves, we had to pick one out for my stepfather back in 2002, I only saw crosses or nothing for choices on those when we chose it. That is fifteen years ago now, maybe it is different now. Someone supplied a link to a site with available markings on this thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The USA was founded on Freedom OF religion. NOT Freedom FROM religion.

Good point. This story made me feel very uneasy when I saw it last night. God has protected and blessed America/Americans more than any other country on Earth.

I really hope that last part was sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Good point. This story made me feel very uneasy when I saw it last night. God has protected and blessed America/Americans more than any other country on Earth.

There is no god. It was the american people that made this happen for themselves. Give credit to the humans that died to make america the great place it is today. Claiming it was gods doing and not the patriotic individual humans is spitting in the face of those that fought for your right to say that nonsense in the first place.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: JinMI

Another way of looking at it is that the dollar bill is full of Freemasonry and Egyptian symbols and religions. The word "God" could be Freemasonry god. I suppose that's why people don't care and don't complain about it so much.

Because normal people support freemason gods?

I think no one cares because it's largely inconsequential. *shrugs*

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Annie provided this link:
www.cem.va.gov...

They have headstones for Native Americans.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Since this is a public park, owned by the city, which is a state government entity, it must adhere to the U.S. Constitution restrictions. By having this on public land, it can be viewed as the city establishing a religious statement for one religion in particular (i.e. Christianity). That is prohibited. However, if it was on private land, it does not have that restriction and would not need to be removed.

Imagine if the city sold that one small parcel of land where the cross is standing to a local church? Problem solved, it can stay.

Naaaahhhh.... that makes too much sense

Congress shall pass no law establishing a religion. A display is not a law. Are people forced to pray when they see it? Convert to Christianity?

Just a lot of overcompensation and thin skinned problems.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
What I want to know, is when is the Government going to remove the phrase

"In God We Trust"

from the back of the U.S. Dollar Bill.

I'm sure nobody is going to approve putting all the deities there, like

"In God and Allah and Shiva and Vishnu...We Trust"

etc...

The Bible says you cannot serve both God and Money. So, how come God is on the Money?

Because america serves money not god. But they have to pretend for the gullible in order to maintain control. Trust me if hinduism was followed by most politicians the money would be changed to reflect that.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There is no god. It was the american people that made this happen for themselves. Give credit to the humans that died to make america the great place it is today. Claiming it was gods doing and not the patriotic individual humans is spitting in the face of those that fought for your right to say that nonsense in the first place.

God can protect and bless America while Americans seek success and prosperity on their own. There is no conundrum.

And you are spitting in the face of those people of faith (who placed a firm reliance on divine providence) who fought for your right to believe what you want.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Since this is a public park, owned by the city, which is a state government entity, it must adhere to the U.S. Constitution restrictions. By having this on public land, it can be viewed as the city establishing a religious statement for one religion in particular (i.e. Christianity). That is prohibited. However, if it was on private land, it does not have that restriction and would not need to be removed.

Imagine if the city sold that one small parcel of land where the cross is standing to a local church? Problem solved, it can stay.

Congress shall pass no law establishing a religion. A display is not a law. Are people forced to pray when they see it? Convert to Christianity?

Do they pay taxes for the park? It's maintenance? Are you willing to pay for crescent moon in your city park?
No people are not forced to pray when they see it but the children will ask about it and someone most likely will talk to them about the Bible and ask them to pray with them.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
What I want to know, is when is the Government going to remove the phrase

"In God We Trust"

from the back of the U.S. Dollar Bill.

I'm sure nobody is going to approve putting all the deities there, like

"In God and Allah and Shiva and Vishnu...We Trust"

etc...

The Bible says you cannot serve both God and Money. So, how come God is on the Money?

Because america serves money not god. But they have to pretend for the gullible in order to maintain control. Trust me if hinduism was followed by most politicians the money would be changed to reflect that.

But people might be hypnotized by the cross and start believing it will keep the dead from rising from the grave if they were bitten by a vampire.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

In Ca we have people place crosses along the main highways and freeways everywhere, where loved ones died in crashes, the CalTrans does upkeep on them and not remove them.

In Alberta, roadside memorials are only supposed to stay up 1 or 2 months, at which point the person who put up the memorial is supposed to take it down. No memorials are allowed to stay up permanently. I've seen crosses, bikes and more as memorial's.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Jerseymilker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Is the park owned by the Government and paid for by tax dollars including the cross???

In Ca we have people place crosses along the main highways and freeways everywhere, where loved ones died in crashes, the CalTrans does upkeep on them and not remove them.

In Alberta, roadside memorials are only supposed to stay up 1 or 2 months, at which point the person who put up the memorial is supposed to take it down. No memorials are allowed to stay up permanently. I've seen crosses, bikes and more as memorial's.
Are other religious symbols forbidden? If no, then it's not applicable.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I was responding to the fact that they are removed in Alberta, and the Alberta government does not do upkeep on any memorials. I was not responding to the OP, so it is applicable.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Look at all the crosses on the tombstones at the national veteran cemeteries. I suppose they have to remove all those headstones from public land.

This idiotic racy is going to make a lot of people cross.

I believe that is different since for other denominations, a different headstone is used. It is a headstone commemorating the person laid to rest there, not a generic public statement.

Every headstone in the national cemetaries I have been to have a cross at the top. I suppose if you weren't a christian you couldn't get buried in one of the Veteran spots. I have been to only about five big cemetaries and maybe twenty smaller ones, but I never saw a non christian headstone. I suppose there are some in areas where Christianity is not so profound. Just because I have never seen one of those older veteran headstones without a cross does not mean they don't exist. I think those veterans units were built around the time of WW11 and up to the korean and Vietnam war they were still planting people in those areas.

My father was half native american and was not a christian. He followed native teachings all his life. He was part of our military for most of his life. He also got a little white cross on his tombstone in that military graveyard . It would have made him sick and it makes me sick to this day whenever I visit that grave. Maybe we should start talking about this.

Evidently they now offer different symbols on the tombstones now, I do not know how long they have been doing that. I haven't been to a cemetary and looked at those military headstones in a long time. I have seen the footstones on graves, we had to pick one out for my stepfather back in 2002, I only saw crosses or nothing for choices on those when we chose it. That is fifteen years ago now, maybe it is different now. Someone supplied a link to a site with available markings on this thread.

I was 15 when he died so I had no say in it. Maybe I could get it changed now i don't know. My sister would fight me about it though.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jerseymilker

Oh sorry. I must have read the quoted part not realizing that it was what you were responding to.
My bad!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
Religion is evil.
I spit at evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Do they pay taxes for the park? It's maintenance? Are you willing to pay for crescent moon in your city park?

Probably

Probably

So long as the cresent moon is a donation and not purchased by the city, I don't care. It's a park. I'd be more concerned about walking into a pile of dog poop.

No people are not forced to pray when they see it but the children will ask about it and someone most likely will talk to them about the Bible and ask them to pray with them.

So? Is someone forcing them? People don't need a cross in a park to walk up and ask people to pray with them. Freedom of Religion is not Freedom from Religion.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Religion is evil.
I spit at evil.

Religion is a philosophy, personal conviction, and belief system.

Men can be evil.

Men can use religion for evil.

Don't spit into the wind.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

So you want to pay taxes for the crescent moon only to have your children look at it and ask about it and the Muslims just happen to be there?
I don't know about you but I don't want to have to pay for any religious symbols. You have enough of them at churches and private properties. We don't need them in our public areas paid by us.
Somebody said he would put the cross on his truck and park it as close as possible to the site. I said go for it. That it was his right. I'm not paying for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join