It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIgher Jets, UAVs and Bears.... OH MY! Is it even safe to fly anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So in the last few days or so we have a F-18 who shot down a Syrian Fighter
A F-15 shot down a Iranian made Syrian UAV
Russia stating it will treat all American jets west of the Euphrates as targets
Russia buzzes a Recon jet WITH IN 5 FEET in the bay

As someone who works in the military filed (as a civilian) I am starting to worry about what the out come of all of this is going to end up, as a personal opinion. Through out the years I have thought about things that are happening and shrugged most of it off as it will just pass over and the world will move on aka Syrian Gassing (the first time.)

Now we have Syria gassing again, cruise missiles flying, jets going down, UAVs going down, jets being buzzed, crazy Koreans shooting rockets and God knows Vladimir Putin himself is going to ride in on a Bear waving the Russian flag of war (ya you thought I wasn't going to bring up the Bear part didn't ya?)

Currently I am working aboard a Naval ship doing stuff here and there. My time on this run is almost up and for the first time I am scared of my job. What will happen when I leave and go home for a break? Do I come back out to do my job more when WW3 breaks out over break? I mean hell I am even scared my commercial jet is going to get shot down while flying home by Iran, Russia, Syria ... someone just to prove a point or start a war.

How much more of this Russia, Syria, Jets and Drones is gonna go on before someone really gets pissed off?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

uhh they're all playing for a pipeline...

W W 3 won't occur.

Syria is being gutted by all powers.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
RC-135 interceptions have been getting within 10-20 feet or less for a couple of years now. They go through periods where they get really close, then they back off again, then they start getting closer. There were several B-52 and B-1 intercepts in the last few weeks where all they did was fly beside them at a safe distance and take pictures of each other. Not a huge deal.
edit on 6/20/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's going to happen that question is not how but when. A lot of people say ww3 has started already and i think i would have to agree. Look at all the different countries participating in Syria. Ok it might be all proxy wars. But maybe this is what modern war fare looks like. A world war does not have to be the traditional and conventional methods of war we were taught in text books and history books and the call of duty series. Times have changed.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne
You have been working through WW3 already for the past eight years. Remember when Russia first fired back at NATO encroachment in 2009 on their Southern border with Georgia?? It was due to some attacks and killings the Georgian military was doing in South Ossetia and Abkazia . Why were they getting violent with these break away regions??

Part of the deal for them being considered for NATO and/or EU membership was the need to regain control of those break away regions. So it was no surprise this went down within the same timeline as the talks with NATO/EU about membership. They already had NATO up their ass in Afghanistan, they did not want another outpost represented by Georgia.

And then of course there is Ukraine which I do not really need to get into.

I men I don't really understand what more needs to happen for people to accept that this period will be called WW3 a decade or two from now.

WMD's being deployed? Check
Entire nations completely destroyed by multiple warring parties?? Check (Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iraq)
Multiple Super powers fighting with their allied nations in specific theaters of war?? Check
Multi Continent battle related to the same operations? Check (Combined Join Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve)
Genocide, ethnic cleanings, war crimes, deployment of high technology weapons all over the world in these operations? Check

So what exactly are we missing here for this to be a world war?? Nukes ended the war, they did not start it. So if anybody is waiting for a nuke, it will be towards the end of the war.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Spot on!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's actually the best I have ever heard it put mate,
Well said.

top topics

join