It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a way to embed YouTube videos on mobile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As someone who mostly only uses ATS on my phone, how about a way to embed YouTube videos on the mobile version of ATS?

Or is there a way I'm over looking?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
You do it the exact same way. The mobile ats looks exactly the same to me. Some of the videos I embed I do on the phone. It is really no different. The only limitations I guess are the phone itself???

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You could just use tags ?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Copy the url. Remove everything except the vid code (no need for the"v=" either, just the code).

Then wrap the vid code in the BBcodes you-tube vides: [ yvid ] and [ /yvid ] (no spaces).

Also works on desktops, tablets, etc.

Suppose you could cut the vid code out but I always end up selecting more than I need.

PS - That is for you-tube videos. I do not about other types!

edit on 20-6-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarification

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
You do it the exact same way. The mobile ats looks exactly the same to me. Some of the videos I embed I do on the phone. It is really no different. The only limitations I guess are the phone itself???

On the desktop version there's a YouTube icon that isn't on the mobile version. How do you do it on your phone?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Copy the url. Remove everything except the vid code (no need for the"v=" either, just the code).

Then wrap the vid code in the BBcodes you-tube vides: [ yvid ] and [ /yvid ] (no spaces).

Also works on desktops, tablets, etc.

Suppose you could cut the vid code out but I always end up selecting more than I need.

Gotcha. Thanks, I knew there was a way. This is the first place I've ever used bbcode.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I didn't even realize ATS has an alternate mobile version. ATS loads exactly the same as my desktop as it does on my phone.

Is my phone supposed to be loading an m.abovetopsecret.com instead of the normal www.abovetopsecret.com ??

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You can change the settings under the MyAccount settings to where it shows either the desktop or mobile version. The mobile version doesn't have all the same options as the desktop version, so that it loads faster.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Even the main site loads fast on mobile devices.

ATS isn't that data intensive for the client side.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

My phone runs a lot better without the extra options of the desktop site. By the end of the month I'm on throttled data, and can usually rely on ATS to stay pretty quick.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I prefer the mobile site due to its compactness and ease of use.

ATS has never really been a bandwidth hog. At least not that I've noticed.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

ohhhh I see. I just noticed it is set to desktop. I must have done that some time ago. My desktop is pretty much a hodgepodge of malware and inefficiency thanks to the kids. Its actually a laptop connected to a monitor because the screen is broke and half of the keys are missing. Those missing keys though seemed to have helped the boys with their memory, as they still know where every letter is. ATS loads faster on my phone

Im going to see what the mobile version looks like again, I almost thought one didn't exist for awhile there. Kept wondering why people were talking about their mobile version of the site.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I didn't even realize ATS has an alternate mobile version. ATS loads exactly the same as my desktop as it does on my phone.

Is my phone supposed to be loading an m.abovetopsecret.com instead of the normal www.abovetopsecret.com ??

I like the mobile version better. It's more streamlined and easier to browse, and it doesn't show anyone's stars and flags by their name.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Youre overlooking. Heck, there wouldnt BE many videos here if it couldnt be done on mobile! You know how many of 300,000+ ATS members ONLY use their phones?

new topics

top topics

join