It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did NASA delete this image from June 2017 yet it's on another rovers page?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The image, along with other images for Sol 348, is the debris field of it's own heat shield:

Image of debirs

Opportunity Rover to Prowl its Entry Debris for Mars Secrets

Opportunity's Heat Shield in Color, Sol 335

edit on 6/18/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Something is whispering in my ear, that it might be a highly advanced drone that was sent with the rover, and that it contains top secret tech, thus they had to delete pictures that show it..

Funny, something is whispering in my ear that it is an unexplained anomaly that NASA couldn't explain, so being they take all their viewers as fools, just decided to delete it, rather than admit it was something that just shouldn't be there.

Something is whispering in my ear that you're a troll who needs to move along if you can't discuss this openly without throwing swamp gas around as an answer. Did you watch the videos and check the links out? I bet you didn't. You knee jerk commented.

If you actually READ my thread you would see it's an ACTUAL IMAGE from Opportunity. So let me share that again since your reading skills seem to be lacking.
Mars Opportunity Sol 348 Pan
So explain that as a mistake NASA can't explain?

Hey Skippy, my "swamp gas" reply was sarcasm which you obviously didn't comprehend. If you bothered to read my second reply, I agreed that it was unexplainable. Talk about knee-jerk reactions, look at yourself first.

I have zero patience for sarcasm on here and I never found those replies funny. Ever. I take this seriously and use to spend hours, staring at images of Mars and I have only made one other thread on Mars images. It takes a lot for me to make a thread on this because I KNOW the typical responses.

Sarcasm is lost in text form! It's best heard and understood via tone

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thank you

When a rover lands it lands on a staging platform , once all the checks have been made it drives of the platform and starts rovering , I believe the object is that platform.

This was Spirit's platform.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why does NASA even delete images in the first place? Why isn't every single image that has ever and will ever been taken just uploaded without fuss?

There's literally no reason not to upload every single image or be deleting anything unless there is something they don't want you seeing. What could NASA, an independent agency, responsible for the civilian space program, possibly not want civilians to see?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I have seen those images and they look nothing like this picture, not even remotely the same. I'm not saying it isn't part of the debris but I want to see the debris field with this image and I can't find anything but the one thing in the picture. I posted it to figure out what it is. I am on the site now looking at more image, my eyes are going blurry after 4 hours now!

I clicked your second link and tried to go back to the list of images but it wont let me. Could you instead of linking to the image link to the page with all the images?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yea I'm looking for images of Opportunities platform. That would make sense!

OH Spirit my favorite Rover only for this image

Spirit Rover Anomaly

I LOVE showing this picture to people and saying it's from Egypt and hearing their replies, THEN I tell them it's on Mars and they ALL instantly say "oh it's just a rock." I love that little game! This is my favorite image of Mars for many reasons. I don't even remember how I came across it years ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You linked the images yourself back on page 1:

Opportunity Sol 348

Your image, and other images of other debris from the debris field are all on that page.

It's not just one piece of debris.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yeah Spirit is my favourite rover too , I logged many happy hours searching the images she sent back.
One of my Favourites images

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Person, that is part of an early lander.

The thing with heat shields and parachutes that got the old rovers down.

Yeah, beat me to it. Good stuff.

edit on 6 18 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Nothing really to add that the others have not covered.

To be a mistake that NASA dropped this to the public would NOT be unprecedented. There have been stupid moves from Nasa int he past-erase the original moon landing tapes-launch a space shuttle with out of spec temp O-rings.

I would imagine their is a process of putting these pics online-or public. Usually a controversial pic is like this

But this one is flat out non-mars and non US stuff for sure in a pic.

Now I think this was dropped to tell the world that we are there (US) and we got stuff going on and don't come here. The US has pissed in all 4 corners and claim this dusty old rock.....

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

You linked the images yourself back on page 1:

Opportunity Sol 348

Your image, and other images of other debris from the debris field are all on that page.

It's not just one piece of debris.

AHHHH OK! It's not showing all of them. I may have bought a laptop but it's a bit older and I think many of the sites I used before don't load right.

Let me try from my desktop. THANK YOU!!!! Well now we know what it is! That is why I posted it. I found it interesting and the only place I can post this kind of stuff is HERE!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah Spirit is my favourite rover too , I logged many happy hours searching the images she sent back.
One of my Favourites images

Nice! yea I have spent many hours myself back in the day looking at images and falling asleep with my laptop in my lap! My son is gone for the summer and I have a laptop now so this morning I spent looking at images like the good old days! LOL

I had never come across the one I posted before so I thought OK ATS is the best place for that! I found it interesting and wanted to see what others thought. It looks like it's just the landing platform. I was trying to say that in the Facebook group I saw the image on but nobody is listening. I am all for UFOs and aliens and there being stuff of interest on Mars but I would rather find the truth, if it's there, than continue to believe it's something it's not. I have spent all morning on this image and yes at first glance it's like WOAH is that a SPACESHIP! Now that people have linked to other images of landing sites and such, that makes more sense, even if I would LOVE to see a spaceship in a Mars image! Hey maybe one day right?!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It's not the landing pad. Opportunity by sol 324 had traveled quite far from where it had landed:

It reached the debris area of the heat shield by sol 324 and began taking images of it:

There were many pieces of debris in the area:

This was well documented back in 2005.

There are a LOT of images of this stuff taken from sol 324 going on up past sol 355.

YouTubers.......they take a single image out of context and: Look! Martians!

While I think there have been images that make me raise my eyebrows, I take a dim view of those trying to push something out of context like this (not including the OP.......just the YouTubers that do this crap).

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

The OP found it on NASA's site, so it was not deleted.

It is definitely alien, just not extraterrestrial.
This is what it is I think.

edit on 18-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

THANK YOU! This is what I was looking for!!!

Well if it went from Sol 324-355 that makes sense since the image I posted is from Sol 348.

Where did you get the first image?

OH yes youtubers and their martians. I see a lot and often. Most I ignore but this one I felt the need to share. I knew if anywhere to post it ATS would be it. More people on here than Facebook groups or even Youtube.

Thanks for your help!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hey maybe one day right?!

We live in hope mate , I think that's why some of us are still here.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: TheMadTitan

The OP found it on NASA's site, so it was not deleted.

It is definitely alien, just not extraterrestrial.
This is what it is I think.

That is what it is looking like it is for sure!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I could buy that, I see no rover tracks around the platform. Granted it is a crappy pic....

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Awesome find though. You did everything I would expect a believer to do, find something interesting, not jump to conclusions, and only be interested in the truth.

I don't think any alien species has visited our solar system, but this thread is an example of how people on both sides of the fence should approach the subject.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Awesome find though. You did everything I would expect a believer to do, find something interesting, not jump to conclusions, and only be interested in the truth.

I don't think any alien species has visited our solar system, but this thread is an example of how people on both sides of the fence should approach the subject.

Why thank you!

I am an alien believer and I believe we have been to Mars. I believe a lot of crazy stuff with Mars but that is based on my own research. I am aware not everyone feels the same way but that is why I like places like this, you can discuss it! If jumped on the OMG it's an alien train then every picture I've ever seen would be made into a thread lol I only post if it's of true interest and I"m stumped! This one stumped me!

I am a believer but I'm also a realist? lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join