It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did NASA delete this image from June 2017 yet it's on another rovers page?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I could buy that, I see no rover tracks around the platform. Granted it is a crappy pic....

Crappy pic and I don't know much about it, tracks do disappear over time. That's what it looked like to me though.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I would say you are a believer, but you are more interested in truth than proof.

Different views are what make life and ATS interesting. Life would be more interesting if aliens were here, I would love to have it proven before I die.
edit on 18-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If there were tracks, they would still be there. As usual it is a crappy pic and leaves much to be desired the only thing we are missing are trees and a shaky out of focus video.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I mean in general. Some images are air brushed, some deleted. Why?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hard to say without knowing the scale.

But it looks like the lights are on.

Definitely man or alien made!

Question for me is: is it debri or a craft?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

I mean in general. Some images are air brushed, some deleted. Why?

THAT is what drives me NUTS! Some are so obvious they are edited and people just brush it off. No WHY are they so heavily edited? Deleted images I haven't really seen but it apparently happens often. Why? Who knows?! Are they hiding something? Maybe?

Another thing, why are the Viking images better (imo) than what we get today? I think they are clearer. So many of the images today are blurry or stuff looks like it is straight up airbrushed out.

I have always believed there was more to Mars than we are told and this goes back to when I was a kid before I ever knew anything conspiratorial. I was always drawn to the Moon and Mars. I use to talk to the Moon as a kid lol I couldn't really see Mars but the Moon and I go way back. If she could talk!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I would say you are a believer, but you are more interested in truth than proof.

Different views are what make life and ATS interesting. Life would be more interesting if aliens were here, I would love to have it proven before I die.

Yea I believe! The truth is out there

I am interested in truth. I'm a little like Mulder. Proof to me could be anything. As far as I am concerned I have seen and read enough to have my "proof" that something is out there, but that's me. Many don't feel that way and I respect that.

I would love aliens to be here too! I would call everyone I know and yell I TOLD YOU SO! For now I just go with the notion they're hiding in plain sight!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They definitely do edit them, usually for public consumption. Deletion I hear claimed, but have never seen. I confess it's not something I look at much though.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TucsonOne

It is debris from this:

mars.nasa.gov...

Don't know what craft crashed there.

Indeed, crashed heat shield part.

This is the official NASA photo showing that this is indeed part of the crashed probe in 2002. (sarcasm off)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does it kinda resemble a 57 chevy (notethe tail lights and fins on the right) with a bubble on top? Maybe ive been watching too much Futurama...

It does resemble the landing pad quite a bit. That would also make sense as to why the pic was removed. Im sure the designs are classified and they would want to keep them as top secret as possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Well it was removed from one page but it's still there under Opportunity's pics. I have linked to that many times in the thread. It shows all images of Sol 348. It's all debris.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Is it just me, or does it kinda resemble a 57 chevy (notethe tail lights and fins on the right) with a bubble on top? Maybe ive been watching too much Futurama...

It does resemble the landing pad quite a bit. That would also make sense as to why the pic was removed. Im sure the designs are classified and they would want to keep them as top secret as possible.

That's my first impression. '57 Chevy or a George Jetson mobile.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Sounds like it was uploaded to the wrong page and corrected as I believe it is an opportunity pic.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
this is gonna take forever mblah -_-

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Good point, I missed the Sol number.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

My first impression was of a mid-1950s concept sports car. GM had one at that time far more streamlined than the early 'Vettes. It had a little bubble canopy. (Actually, I had a '57 Chevy convert and later a '57 Nomad for several years and they didn't look that sleek.)

...And as someone said, it appears as if someone left the lights on. My take, fanciful as usual because I'm a UFO abductee, is that object is a secret US craft or a genuine UFO that landed near the Rover to check it out and then left the area.

Someone also remarked on the clarity of some of the Viking images. I've been claiming for a long time that we learned secrets back then that were way too much for the public to handle and we have been on a decades-long course of education getting us ready for the big new: Mars was/is till inhabited, Phobos is a habitat, and space is crowded with ETIs.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

in the same batch was THIS - a really weird thing ... DEBRIS - metal sheet?

This obviously is some sort of debris field. But for what - is it par of lander's own rig, or is this some other failed mission landing hard on dirt? Really odd images.

UPDATE: now I got it. It is the Rover's heat shield debris. NASA log on missions

edit on 19-6-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It seems pretty obvious why they deleted a picture taken by Opportunity from Curiosity's page -- because it was probably posted on the page in error.

As the OP has shown us, the image is not from the Curiosty Rover, but is an image taken by the Opportunity Rover on Opportunity's Sol 348 (which was January 15, 2005).

So I'm not sure why people think there is a big mystery here. Someone at NASA mistakenly grabbed the wrong image (from the wrong mission) and posted it on the a different mission's site. The photo itself is not mysterious, and is an image of one of the various parts of the heat shield.

The image still exists on the Opportunity page right here:
Opportunity Panoramic Camera Sol 348

As you can see from this traverse map, Opportunity stopped at the location of its heat shield around Sol 348 (was there for several Sols before and after Sol 348):

Source: Opportunity Traverse Map Sol 383.

So it seems pretty clear that (a) The object image is not a mystery, but is a part of Opportunity's heat shield, and (b) was put on the Curiosity mission page by error, and then the error was fixed by removing the image.

edit on 19/6/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

If there were tracks, they would still be there. As usual it is a crappy pic and leaves much to be desired the only thing we are missing are trees and a shaky out of focus video.
Mars has an atmosphere so wind is possible. Between little dust devils and global sand storms tracks will get covered over time.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
It seems pretty obvious why they deleted a picture taken by Opportunity from Curiosity's page -- because it was probably posted on the page in error.
It appears to me a mistake from the OP's video. They claim it was taken from Curiosity's web page and then was removed only to reappear on Opportunity's page. It's more likely that it was always on the correct page and the error was with the person who made the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join