It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm sort of slipping back into paranormal studies, I've enjoyed it in the past, even if several shows have made a general mockery of the subject in the last several years. Since I am going to spend a bit of time in this thread, I thought I'd at least post my one lone experience (well.. there were a couple more, but this one stands out).

When I was young, around 10 or so, my parents bought a home on an empty bit of land in Colorado very cheaply. They were literally told it was haunted, and that is why the price was as low as it was. They were forewarned, but thought the haunted bit was nothing to get in the way of a good deal, and I don't feel they believed really.

We only lived there less than a year, before we sold it, and moved out. I think around 9 months after they bought it, they sold it.

I don't remember a lot, I was young. I just remember a few vivid things to this day. The first happened in the basement. That is where our living room and TV were. I remember laying on the carpet and watching TV, and quite suddenly, my mom's rocking chair (which no one every sat on), started rocking of its own accord. I don't even remember how it ended.. I just remember it rocking for long enough that we all were watching it, and my mom being freaked out about it.

The 2nd was a dream but I recall it to this day. We had a beautiful large window with a huge drape at the bottom of a curved staircase. This house was amazing (much wood, long stairs, large.. just beautiful, so the cheapness was surprising). One night walking by I saw a glow outside, and moved the drape.. and saw a 3-legged UFO in our backyard. I'm of course fairly positive it was a dream.. but it was just odd, because I was young.. and perhaps saw a similar UFO in a movie or something, but recall a door opening.. and then nothing. Only really odd because of my age, and the house.

The third was the most alarming to me - I do recall hearing sounds we could not explain there. My brother and I slept in a room together. My parents in a room closest to the stairs. One night, my older brother and I were woken by what sounded like very heavy boots stomping up the rounded staircase. I remember being scared.. we ran towards the sound just to get into our parents room. My dad had a flashlight on the nightstand (which only now I think is weird), and after we woke them by leaping into the bed with them, he grabbed the flashlight and went to the top of the stairs. I recall this part clearly.. we followed and stood just behind him, looking around him. The stomps did not stop.. they continued for probably 10 more seconds, while he flashed the light down the stairs, but there was no one there. It was very freaky.. it sounded just as if someone was coming up the stairs, but.. nothing.

It was after that last incident, that they put the house up (cheaply) and sold it quickly. I don't know if they gave the same disclaimer they got when moving in. There was nothing else other some weird sounds that I can personally remember.. the worst that happened is me climbing a fence, and falling off and breaking my arm in two places. : )

So that is my freaky story. The only really odd thing since aside from a cat in our house staring and walking towards an unseen thing (which honestly freaked my wife out), is weird marks that appeared on my leg one night, and lasted for several hours. I posted that here once at some point. That was pretty freaky too honestly.

I believe in paranormal activities, although I think it might not be what we think it is (the deceased spirits of dead people). Could be.. but don't know. Finally I am very near (15 minutes or so) from a spot where activity has been reported. The ghost bridge (third bridge) near Aurora CO. I might go to check that out one night. Would love to post anything I find here.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. : )

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Thanks for sharing.
I love personal stories of haunting experiences.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You might call in one of those ghost hunters shows I keep hearing about.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I always enjoy reading personal accounts like this. Have had enough of my own to not be a skeptic.

The chair moving, and the footsteps on the stairs both seem like common sorts of occurrences for haunted places. The "dream", if it was one, very odd. The appearance does seem like something out of a movie, so perhaps that's all it was?

I wonder, with your parents moving you out so quickly, if they had experiences as well, and didn't share them with you. Any way you can ask? Could be interesting!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well, perhaps it was a human spirit or energy. Or maybe something from the ladder itself. Like local forest or mountain spirit that didn't like their area being disturbed and built on.
Or, you know, Aliens. History Channel would probably pick that option.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
As much as television shows have made a mockery of paranormal investigation, I am quite intrigued by some of the technological innovations being brought into the field. Not the "Spirit Box" type things, per se, but the video equipment. The full-spectrum UV to IR cameras, 3d object modelling cameras which indicate objects plotted by IR laser mapping.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I always enjoy reading personal accounts like this. Have had enough of my own to not be a skeptic.

The chair moving, and the footsteps on the stairs both seem like common sorts of occurrences for haunted places. The "dream", if it was one, very odd. The appearance does seem like something out of a movie, so perhaps that's all it was?

I wonder, with your parents moving you out so quickly, if they had experiences as well, and didn't share them with you. Any way you can ask? Could be interesting!

I almost have to think the UFO bit was something I saw on TV, and dreamt it. I don't put much stock in that, it was just so vivid, I remember all the details to this day, so stood out as weird. And that it happened at that house.

Mother has passed away due to cancer, and my brother and I haven't heard from our dad in over 20 years, so can't really ask them unfortunately. I'd tried to find that house much later, but haven't been able to. I'd love to talk to the current residents. : )

At the time, I don't recall being all the scared of the noises and things, except those boot-stomps up the stairs. I think I was too young to be scared of paranormal weirdness.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hearing loud stomping coming up the stairs would scare most anyone. When I was about 9, we had a chili dinner thing at this big old church , and those dinners were a usual thing. This one when I got there I asked my friend's parents where they were, and they said up in the gym, which was on the fourth floor. It had a full court basketball gym up there. I went up there alone, and when I was climbing the last stairs to the fourth floor, I heard a piano playing. This piano was down the back set of stairs on the other side of the fourth floor landing near the gym's door.

I peeked down the other stairs and saw the piano at the bottom. That's when it stopped playing and then silence. I yelled for my friends but there was no answer while staring at that piano. That's when the piano keys all slammed, like someone smashing their palms on the keys, but I couldn't see anyone. I ran back to the first floor in terror.That church was as haunted as you can get. It burned to the ground a few years later in the late '70's. It's just a parking lot today.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I almost have to think the UFO bit was something I saw on TV, and dreamt it. I don't put much stock in that, it was just so vivid, I remember all the details to this day, so stood out as weird. And that it happened at that house.

Mother has passed away due to cancer, and my brother and I haven't heard from our dad in over 20 years, so can't really ask them unfortunately. I'd tried to find that house much later, but haven't been able to. I'd love to talk to the current residents. : )

At the time, I don't recall being all the scared of the noises and things, except those boot-stomps up the stairs. I think I was too young to be scared of paranormal weirdness.

Possibly too young. As a child, I grew up listening to ghost stories, some from family members, and some about others. So, part of life, as far as I was concerned! Shame you can't ask, or locate the house.

Still...one place we lived that was haunted - heavy booted feet in a crawl=space-type attic, ONLY when the hubby was away overnight, a door with a hook latch that would open by itself, creepy noises in the iron heating vents, etc. - I could visit, but can't quite bring myself to do so. Not sure what I would say to those living there, and not sure i want to be that close to the place.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Dreams that are just "dreams" usually fade away rather quickly after awakening. It's those journeys we take during our sleep on the astral plane, or in your case, in an altered state, that remain with us and seem "real". That's because, more than likely, it was "real".

ETs have the ability to control one's mind, and wipe memories of what they don't want you to remember. Sounds like you might have been abducted, but don't remember that part.

As for the other 'hauntings', I can relate. I've had similar experiences myself. I have a thread devoted to nothing but paranormal experiences by me and other members... over 360 pages!
I'm sure a lot of other members can relate to your story as well.

S&F for the guts to share.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Paranormal experiences sound interesting. I've had several. So many in fact I'm wondering if an entity could be following me around on occasion. Interesting things might happen if I ever visit a haunted location but I wouldn't want more visitors to come home with me. Things are quiet for me right now and I don't mind that.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

This reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me years ago:

When her grandfather passed away her mom moved into his old house. This was in New Orleans and the house was very old but he had added areas onto it. Many times there were stories of visiting family members seeing glowing vortexes in the foyer, doors and cabinets opening, things I would associate with a poltergeist, etc.

One night home from college she and her brother were staying with her mom in the house. She was in one of the rooms upstairs and heard footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hall to her room. They stopped outside her door for a moment, but then continued into the room through the closed door up to the side of her bed. She was frozen but saw nothing, just heard them pause, and walk back through the door and back into the hall.

Then they continued down the hall to the bedroom her brother was sleeping in, heard them pause again, and then creak into that room next to hers. Then back into the hall and slowly fading out again.

The next morning she was eating breakfast and her brother came into the kitchen. He didn't look like he slept much at all. She asked him if he heard the footsteps too. He said, "No, I didn't hear anything..." and he looked across the table at her with scared eyes, "but I saw it..."

He couldn't even described to her what it was just that it was horrible, didn't want to discuss it, and said he'd only sleep in a bedroom in the new wing from then on.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I lived in a haunted house for 5 years but didnt notice. I heard loud stomping in the attic above me and assumed it was the landlords messing around up there. I would later ask them...i heard you upstairs and they got a strange look and said "we are never up there" .

It was a duplex and me and the other girl were good friends. She saw the ghost and heard it all the time. In looking back on pics of me in my old house...there are strange orbs and even faces in the orbs.

My crazy neighbor told me horror stories of that house, how there was a little boy who was slightly "slow" or retarded and was abused and died. maybe he was telling the truth.

There was a fire upstairs (what I called the attic but really its a whole other living space). I went up there a few times, the fire was not cleaned up...very trippy. I took a bunch of pictures one night (before camera phones) with a digital camera and the next morning they were all deleted.

I had a roomate, who jetted after a few months bc she kept hearing someone running down the hallway.

After I moved out, my friend moved to my side, it was bigger. They sealed off the upstairs and thats when she said thinks got spookier. The new girl on the other side saw it in her bedroom and was too scared to live there. She ended up living at her moms for a couple months and still paying rent. I dont think the ghost liked it being sealed off. Either way, he was harmless.

She once saw a face in the fireplace, she grabbed her camera to take a pic, snapped it and she saw the face smile as if it was pleased she noticed him.

I wish i would have caught on to the ghost while I lived there but i was apparently always drunk and oblivious to all things at that time in my life.
edit on 23-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join