It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many particle accelerators exist?! so we all know of CERN and switzerland but .......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dingdongdoodah

Cern is the largest CIVILIAN particle accelerator, there may be and probably indeed are most likely to be much larger military one's underground used for atomic research etc.

All a particle accelerator really is, well it's function is the name on the tin.
To accelerate sub atomic particles as close to the speed of light as possible using powerful magnet's and to collide them against one another inside a special device built to detect what this creates and so learn what matter is made of.

The fear was that somehow Cern would managed to reach the speed of light and this collision would create a micro singularity (I tiny black hole), this is however extremely unlikely unless that glitch in which they thought they had exceeded the speed of light was not a bad calibrated part and was not a glitch in which case they probably did.

Now dealing with such tiny part's which may also span multiple reality's may have mysterious implication's but how that would affect the macroscopic universe, well these are very, very small part's of matter, more energy than matter in fact.

OK so far so fine.

But what if they did managed to create quantum singularity's, well they would be short lived and succumb almost immediately to a process called quantum evaporation, essentially they are too small to remain in existence as black hole's so would vanish almost immediately.

But long before Cern people have been noticing thing's not right with reality.

I remember the viscosity of water being greater and it's property's slightly different, anti drip spout's on kettles and tetra pack's that actually worked.
I remember the sky being REALLY blue not just grey that is sort of blue but not when you look at it but actual sky blue - oh and the sun was kind of golden white not hot cold white.
I remember entire passages in the bible being different, the book of revelation itself has changed as has the book of genesis, god was far nicer but still him and still stern and distant not the cold angry uncompromising nasty and cruel version that I find in it now and being extremely religious this was a shock to me, the changes I noticed were at the start of the 1990's, between 1989 and 1993 as my reality seemed to shift.

So how can reality change?.

There is a theory that we live in a universe in which multiple version's of our reality co-exist side by side, in one you are wearing whatever shirt you now have on but in another very close reality you chose the other one instead and are wearing that but other than that there is very little difference between these two reality's, further away reality is much different, your unborn sibling, another sperm was the one that got conceived and so you don't exist but they do, Berni Sanders is president of the united state's (but is a raging pro gun right's republican and extreme right wing climate change denier) etc.

How can this happen, hmmm?.

Let's go back to black hole's, specifically the region that surround's them called the EVENT HORIZON.

SPECIFICALLY let's model A black hole that exists in multiple reality's simultaneously AND specifically a true black hole not a HAWKING Brown Hole which is not a true black hole at all but just a deep gravity well, a True Black Hole is a rip in time and space were the membrain of our reality has been pulled into direct contact with the gravity membraine and were gravity equals or exceed's the other forces such as electro static etc and is not weaker than them (look up universe Brain Theory).

As it form's the region called the event horizon is a space just outside of the black hole, at this point all matter, space and energy undergoes something called spaghettification, while data may remain above the event horizon in a brown hole in a true black hole it is actually destroyed (sorry hawking but your theory need's only brown holes and black holes are inconvenient to it), Spaghettification is the name given to the process were all thing's are PULLED and Stretched out of existence as they fall into the singularity (they never reach it they vanish at the inner terminus of the event horizon, but in the lesser brown hole the event horizon does not have an inner terminus as continues to the very center or the brown hole while in a TRUE black hole the event horizon terminus is at the edge of the black hole not it's center).

Now to put it in a nutshell, the reality's that exist side by side in which this black hole exists are PULLED together at the event horizon of a BLACK HOLE, the formation of the BLACK HOLE also create's a potential quantum gravity ripple, a wave that travel's outward from the instant the BLACK HOLE is formed, now here is the point as those reality's are pulled together they are merged, you remember putting that red shirt on but oh look you are actually wearing your blue shirt, the more reality's the greater the reality schism and merging, echoes of the lost reality's may remain and of course some will be affected more than other's, we that see the change therefore must be from more distant reality'(S) and have been caught up in this reality merging turbulence, so we are extra dimensional entity's, alien's to the reality's in which we now find ourselves.

An artificial black hole however short lived has the potential to merge reality's, not to diverge them but to merge them and this is actually extremely dangerous and accelerates the entropy of the universe itself, doing this deliberately while it is happening all the time naturally is therefore universal vandalism and even suicide.

edit on 18-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

no but they are not all rings neither.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah
I love how 9 out of ten are ring shaped too. its like ive found something fascinating to obsess over . I have done a fair bit into nuclear research but not in this direction per say not till today ah well another day learning is another day not wasted , its normally nuclear power . reactors and such. I like looking into the odd dab with quantum mechanics and fluctuations atm and my brothers are both physicists but its always odd topics can honestly say some of this creeped in but never about how many of these exist.

Some are linear, too.

It is just that it's easier to build up momentum by successive circuits of a ring rather than the one-shot of a linear.

this would make sense lol thanks for your input xox

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

I enjoyed reading through this thank yoo! xox

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Hehe you'd be surprised.

Not sure about any ME but matter accelerators of some kind exist all over, some that are really hard to get info on... There's one (apparently) in the countryside near me.

If you really want to dig then I'd suggest looking up the civilian nuclear sector in the UK, it'll lead to company names, links with defence contractors and you might find tidbits about colliders/accelerators in the UK.

The UK is a nuclear power, with all the trimmings. Google says we have 7 nuclear plants with a total of 15 reactors, with more in the pipeline. So yeah, we'll have a lot of other nuclear related assets.

I know a fair few tid bits about reactors and such in the UK was an obsession of mine a few years ago . I'm not saying there is an ME link to the number just while looking at correlations between the two stumbled across the sheer numbers of accelerators I didn't know about .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

well that made for a great read thank you for all that input I see what you mean with the multiverse theory I myself think this is a possibility almost like there are is a world behind the curtains and a world behind their curtains some how we have bled through into each others .well not somehow we have. I remember lots of things very different I too noticed the lords prayer has changed and we had to say it every day in junior school in assembly so I am puzzled spending years saying the wrong thing over and over.

my son asked me about the multiverse the other day and I was explaining to him about how if we go back in time and change things it creates a new timeline . but the other one that he was from would it still exist or does he merge into the new time line created . it was a lot of ifs and maybes because I don't know for sure what exactly would happen just hypothetically speaking.

he is seven years old but is super clever he asks me all sorts of crazy stuff that cant really be answered but my question is things have changed but when did this occur?

have they figured out time travel and gone back and changed the time lines or have they torn a hole in our universe is this quantum flux ? due to universes merging and we don't belong here creating quantum flux or the Mandela effect as we call it. that would explain why some people suffer some don't. would just mean a whole boat load of people not of this world . I wonder if we will get deported like illegal aliens . xox

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Now that is a cool answer, to me I think that our own various reality's are now gone, they have merged and this is now our only reality, our memory's may be the last vestiges of these other reality's of course would could just have bled into other reality's and they could still be out there right beside us but now beyond our ability to return to (or are they).

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

the fact that we are creators of our own universe and they use negative media to make people run on negative frequency's to start wars and so on . is it such a far reach we could bounce back onto other timelines. that spent energy is there of said previous so where does it go if we switch ?

I always wondered if paranormal activity is not actually ghosts but breaks in the space time continuum or is it parallels bleeding through where a change was made on an old timeline.

maybe we have already mastered time travel in the future and someone is changing little details to see what the after effect is. lets just keep an eye out for the bigger changes.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

wrong take an look at the OP she says stuff about it

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I've no idea about a particle accelerator, but I loved digging into the entries, like...

"Cockcroft and Walton's electronic accelerator" (1932).

Sounds like every home should have one.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Particle accelerators are part of every x-ray machine at every hospital. Tube TV's also used them.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Cern is the largest CIVILIAN particle accelerator, there may be and probably indeed are most likely to be much larger military one's underground used for atomic research etc.

Doubtful very very doubtful, an accelerator more powerful than the LHC would not be a secret undertaking. It also makes no sense since most of the stuff the military might be interested in they can do with far lower energies, so research accelerators to simulate fusion, or nuclear processes, sure... LHC... highly unlikely

The fear was that somehow Cern would managed to reach the speed of light and this collision would create a micro singularity (I tiny black hole), this is however extremely unlikely unless that glitch in which they thought they had exceeded the speed of light was not a bad calibrated part and was not a glitch in which case they probably did.

I once again doubt you really understand what happened and what you said is highly confusing too.
The LHC accelerates particles close to the speed of light, if it accelerated particles to, or faster than, they would have infinite energy. The whole faster than light particles thing was a neutrino experiment. It was nothing to do with the LHC proper, and was at lower energy. It was caused by a wiring problem with a GPS event tagger.

Micro-blackholes are also a postulation in 'some' string theories. A class of theory that has as yet got little to no supporting evidence. If people are really so worried about the LHC creating black holes, they might be more worried that each day protons hit the upper atmosphere with far far far greater energy than the LHC is capable of. No blackholes there as far as we can detect.

But long before Cern people have been noticing thing's not right with reality.

So long before 1954? citation needed there i think.

I remember the viscosity of water being greater and it's property's slightly different, anti drip spout's on kettles and tetra pack's that actually worked.
I remember the sky being REALLY blue not just grey that is sort of blue but not when you look at it but actual sky blue - oh and the sun was kind of golden white not hot cold white.
I remember entire passages in the bible being different, the book of revelation itself has changed as has the book of genesis, god was far nicer but still him and still stern and distant not the cold angry uncompromising nasty and cruel version that I find in it now and being extremely religious this was a shock to me, the changes I noticed were at the start of the 1990's, between 1989 and 1993 as my reality seemed to shift.

Most probable the mind of a child and the remembrance of things you never questioned and so instilled a sense of 'this is how it was' more than actual reality. My childhood, my mother always complained that anti-drip spouts never worked, iv measured the viscocity of water at uni and matched it up against about 50 years of the same experiment done by my peers... the numbers are identical.
The bible is basically different compared between reading it yourself or what you are taught. When I was young, I was taught from a watered down story book style bible, I read parts of it myself because... well it was homework. What I found is that god was always a firebreather. was not ever nice and loving, but always cold and uncompromising. There has been no change. This is the same god preached about since the middle ages, an angry god is one you fear, and a fearful population is a controlled one... No... the bible has not changed.

An artificial black hole however short lived has the potential to merge reality's, not to diverge them but to merge them and this is actually extremely dangerous and accelerates the entropy of the universe itself, doing this deliberately while it is happening all the time naturally is therefore universal vandalism and even suicide.

Black holes as the cause of multiple realities... it is a massive stretch. Your descriptions of blackholes are moderately correct though some of your perceptions in regards to scales and just how much one thing affects another is somewhat incorrect. Spaghettification is a consequence of the bending of spacetime, that when you approach the event horizon, space time is so warped that an object would basically appear to expand from an outside observer. The horizon itself is a pseudo-surface, it isn't a physical surface, more of an imaginary surface at which is the terminus between light being able to escape, orbit, or fall into the blackhole.

As I said above, the creation of blackholes by accelerators is basically of zero probability and relies only on string theory which is not proven. but even if it did, it wouldnt matter. A proton hitting a proton in the LHC occurs at much lower energy than a proton hitting another proton in the atmosphere from cosmic rays... so your worries are misplaced and mis-informed.
edit on 19-6-2017 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here's a list.

Particle Accelerators Around the World

www-elsa.physik.uni-bonn.de...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If accelerators are used to extract data based on collision experiments, what would the devices be considered that basically instead of collide pull the particles apart at the speed of light?
Would such experiments provide similar data or something completely different?
In relation to the big bang theory.

It would base the theory on a period long ago when a hypothesized particle compound or origin point of all things Created within this universe basically expanded/separated at the speed of light within the universal medium (abyss) from a single point after a extreme separation instead of collision...
Further causing from the origin point coming in contact with universal medium a consistent expansion of material.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The big bang is not really about pulling particles apart. There is a period of inflation but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

There isn't really a process in which you can just 'pull' particles apart at the speed of light. The point of the big bang is that if you look around, everything is moving away with us at the centre. This doesn't point at us being the centre more that spacetime is expanding in all directions giving rise to a centre paradox. The cosmic microwave background being so isotropic is also something that means that every point in the universe at some point in history was connected. One of the best ways to do that or best theories that gives rise to that is that all material was causally connected. If you then take the exact temperature of the cosmic microwave background (which is a perfect blackbody!) and figure out what energy the average cmb photon would have if you compress spacetime back to its origin, a time that it would have been causally connected and you predict that it was emitted during an era of recombination, when the universe became matter rather than energy dominated.

The energy density of the universe during that time was extremely high, which is what particle colliders try to reproduce.Very high energy density during a collision to recreate those same hot conditions on a small scale in the lab.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
thank you everyone for your responses I need to read back as I feel somewhat lost on this one ive got information overload and a new born demanding my attention but will be back later to read over it all xox

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
LHC's get all the attention but there are plenty of other equally creepy projects out there.

I live near Fermi Lab (the largest LHC prior to CERN and this is one of their many project:

www.fnal.gov...

With the MC-1 building complete, the 50 foot wide Muon g-2 electromagnet arrived at its new permanent home at Fermilab in July 2014. The Muon g-2 team is currently completing reassembly of all the magnet components. Soon, the coils will be cooled to near absolute zero with liquid helium so that the superconducting magnet can undergo tests and commissioning.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Largest Hadron collider, the LHC is the actual name of the accelerator at CERN, the one at Fermi Lab was the Tevatron

Id not say that g-2 experiments are creepy... Its just about trying to figure out the exact magnetic dipole moment of the muon. Which should be about 2 for the muon, with the difference in comparison to 2 is from affects of virtual photons. We can use the standard model to give a prediction of what the quantity should be. If its different it points at unknown physics.

Totally not creepy

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

Just remember this,

Now I am going to reinterpret it for you, Railgun or Magnetic accelerated projectile fired at object which manages to avoid it - but had it been lost a little lower in altitude it would have vaporized it.
They have shrunk a hell of a lot over the years and now they are quite compact

The first attempt at a portable one though took up the hull of a US navy destroyer but this one seen firing in the old shuttle footage is most likely from one of those infamous DUMB installation's and is most likely a Star Wars Defense Initiative period installation or technology so likely very large, the aiming is most likely done only in the last few hundred feet of the barrel by adjusting the magnet's that accelerate and project the slug but these thing's are most definitely huge, how many of them there are though is a question? but given the number of supposed DUMB sites' even if only one percent of them had these that is still a considerable arsenal, they can of course also be retooled and up scaled to deliver solid state packages into orbit as magnetic acceleration launch facility's but they would likely have to be even larger.

From a point of military strategy it is sound investment.

So how much of a leap to make a comparatively more simply giant tokomat powered partical accelerator, (DUMB) deep enough to avoid MOST cosmic particle radiation, the most complex part is the detector.

* those rail gun installations can also be used against static ground targets half way around the world simply by using gravitation sling shot and velocity regulation, they can in effect dump high density slug's that would look like a meteor strike on targets, there is no launch trail in the form of fuel only the super heated air as they pass through it as seen on the shuttle images so they are not just a launch or weapon facility but very flexible installation's..

Also your view of object's at the speed of light and past it is simply theoretical and is currently being rewritten, remember just after the big bang the universe actually expanded at a rate faster than the speed of light for an infinitesimal instant, this in essence mean's the law's you are quoting from are NOT fixed law's but can be variable and that is a whole other branch of physics.

Faster than the speed of Light an object would not have infinite energy it would rather have greater than the sum of the time space continuum but not actually infinite that is a misunderstanding and only if it was in linear motion relative, in fact that also is only based on speculation which itself is based on paper and mathematical theory's, they are beautiful theorem but that is all they are and no one has proven that this is actually the case.
There is most likely some form of dissipation that occurs based in quantum theory rather than Einstein's linear theory and several quantum theory's currently do indeed throw the spanner in the work's, the old Sabot into the loom for some of those established theorem as I am sure you already know.
edit on 19-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: ErosA433

Just remember this,

Now I am going to reinterpret it for you, Railgun or Magnetic accelerated projectile fired at object which manages to avoid it - but had it been lost a little lower in altitude it would have vaporized it.

I see some dots moving around and then a stream moving upwards with one of the dots moving around... which occurs more slowly and way before the vertical stream... Sorry but, that is poor evidence at best. Very very poor evidence.

Also a railgun works on a different physical principle than a particle accelerator, the LHC and a Rail gun are not really related THAT closely.

The first attempt at a portable one though took up the hull of a US navy destroyer but this one seen firing in the old shuttle footage is most likely from one of those infamous DUMB installation's and is most likely a Star Wars Defense Initiative period installation or technology so likely very large, the aiming is most likely done only in the last few hundred feet of the barrel by adjusting the magnet's that accelerate and project the slug but these thing's are most definitely huge, how many of them there are though is a question? but given the number of supposed DUMB sites' even if only one percent of them had these that is still a considerable arsenal, they can of course also be retooled and up scaled to deliver solid state packages into orbit as magnetic acceleration launch facility's but they would likely have to be even larger.

Which part of this was a statement? its mostly just rambling. 1) You would not want to accelerate a solid slug in anything but a straight line because 2) a circular path for anything but handfuls of particles would create an enormous amount of radiation and require enormous amounts of energy for very very very little gain.
3) Railgun operate on a rather destructive principle of bridging a positive and negative rail, with the left hand rule the current is passing at 90degrees to the magnetic field and so a force is generated shoving the projectile along the rail. In order for it to work the rail has to maintain contact with the projectile as it accelerates. It is massively destructive to the rails, launching a projectile in this manner will produce quite an observable streak, probably even a huge dump of EMF too. So tell me again how that relates to the LHC?

From a point of military strategy it is sound investment.

So how much of a leap to make a comparatively more simply giant tokomat powered partical accelerator, (DUMB) deep enough to avoid MOST cosmic particle radiation, the most complex part is the detector.

Yeah, doesn't sound like a great investment to me, sounds expensive, complicated, fraught with failure modes and pretty much immobile. If you mean Tokomak, again im not sure what the leap is. You don't need a particle accelerator to be powered by a fusion generator... you can power a particle accelerator quite happily with a coal plant if you wanted. Simple? If it was simple, the world would be a rather different place. Again, stop having this notion almost similar to rule 34 that is akin to - if you can think it, then it exists. Sorry but no. Cosmic rays? have to do exactly what? the LHC depth is just fine to get away from cosmics for all intent and purpose it has for these detectors.

* those rail gun installations can also be used against static ground targets half way around the world simply by using gravitation sling shot and velocity regulation, they can in effect dump high density slug's that would look like a meteor strike on targets, there is no launch trail in the form of fuel only the super heated air as they pass through it as seen on the shuttle images so they are not just a launch or weapon facility but very flexible installation's..

They would look like no such thing. Meteors enter the atmosphere with a fairly well understood velocity and angle distribution related to how everything orbits the sun. A projectile with a high amount of energy on a ballistic arc that leaves a lovely vapour trail would be so blatantly obvious its unbelievable you think this would work as a good cover-up weapon

Also your view of object's at the speed of light and past it is simply theoretical and is currently being rewritten, remember just after the big bang the universe actually expanded at a rate faster than the speed of light for an infinitesimal instant, this in essence mean's the law's you are quoting from are NOT fixed law's but can be variable and that is a whole other branch of physics.

Citation needed... you are misinterpreting the theories. Inflation has an unknown mechanism, but there is this link which explains it quite nicely, it is related to the difference between expanding space-time itself and being able to communicate across the expansion. There is basically no physical law that states that expansion of space, that doesn't transmit information has to be limited to the speed of light. Only that a physical object cannot be in communication faster than the speed of light.
curious.astro.cornell.edu... f-light-during-inflation-advanced

So its not really being re-written at all.

Faster than the speed of Light an object would not have infinite energy it would rather have greater than the sum of the time space continuum but not actually infinite that is a misunderstanding and only if it was in linear motion relative, in fact that also is only based on speculation which itself is based on paper and mathematical theory's, they are beautiful theorem but that is all they are and no one has proven that this is actually the case.

There is most likely some form of dissipation that occurs based in quantum theory rather than Einstein's linear theory and several quantum theory's currently do indeed throw the spanner in the work's, the old Sabot into the loom for some of those established theorem as I am sure you already know.

Please explain how E=gamma MC^2 doesn't go to infinity when you approach C...

here is a link to get you started en.wikipedia.org...

its been observed and matches quite well with experimental data.... again actual mainstream science is more advanced than you give it credit and yet you still manage to make stuff up that sounds like sci-fi. It is quite an interesting position
edit on 19-6-2017 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join