It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher suspended for removing pro-Trump slogans from yearbook

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Link

A teacher has been suspended following accusations that they digitally removed references to Donald Trump in their school's yearbook photos.

Student Grant Berardo said he had decided to wear a “TRUMP: Make America Great Again’ T-shirt for his yearbook photo, only to find it had been removed in the yearbook.

A Donald Trump logo was removed from Wyatt Dobrovich-Fago’s vest, and a quote from the US president was also removed from his sister Montana’s class president photo.

She had submitted the following: "I like thinking big. If you are going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big."

I think we can all agree that what this teacher did is not only indefensible, but also incredibly wrong and there is no reason for it other than a stupidly selfish one. So this thread is not about pointing fingers and calling people snowflake's, but rather a reminder of how dangerous this "Demon Trump" rhetoric is. When it can seep into the classrooms and the minds of our supposed leaders, that creates an extremely dangerous precedent for our future generations. Could you imagine you're kids being afraid of the word 'Trump', and treating it like some kind of dangerous demon that needs to be removed? Oh wait...

When will people start to realize that in your artificially moral fight against an "evil poisonous plague", that you have become an even greater one yourself? It's all too Orwellian..

The good news is the school handled it properly and with class.

the teacher has been suspended without pay, Ms Dyer said. 

She added: "There is nothing in our student dress code that would prevent a student from expressing his or her political views and support for a candidate for political office via appropriate clothing. Rather, I applaud students for becoming involved in politics and participating in our democratic society.

Don't be a shLeep.

Zzzzz...

edit on 17-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: zzzzz...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

When will people start to realize that in your artificially moral fight against an "evil poisonous plague", that you have become an even greater one yourself? It's all too Orwellian..

I would agree to a greater respect if you substituted Aleksandr Solzhenitsy instead of Orwellian, but he works too.

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

From your source:

Wall Township High School in New Jersey is investigating the alleged censorship, which the superintendent of schools said represents a "possible violation of First Amendment rights."

"This allegation is being taken very seriously and a thorough investigation of what happened is being vigorously pursued," the superintendent, Cheryl Dyer, said in a statement.

Student Grant Berardo said he had decided to wear a “TRUMP: Make America Great Again’ T-shirt for his yearbook photo, only to find it had been removed when the yearbook.

Im a little surprised, I thought the northeastern states were mostly liberal and therefor the public schools were run by liberals.

I'm happy to say I was wrong.

Here's to New Jersey!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I'll admit I have no clue who that is. Orwell is more recognizable (I think?) and has become somewhat of a buzzword that encompasses everything that is wrong with today's society.

But I will look into him now, thanks.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Are they going to reprint the yearbooks? I think they should and make this teacher pay for it.

40 years from now, he should be able to look at his HS yearbook pic and remember this period of history and say to his grandkids...."I can prove I was a Trump supporter back when America turned around and became great again!"
edit on 17-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are they going to reprint the yearbooks? I think they should and make this teacher pay for it.

Question.

Did the teacher do this out of their own volition or were they instructed to do so by one of their superiors?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It's hard to know because we have no info on the teacher at all. We don't even know if it's a him or her, unless I missed it.

My premature guess is probably too much CNN and they acted on their own.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Typical...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Liberal...

-Chris

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Question.

Did the teacher do this out of their own volition or were they instructed to do so by one of their superiors?

Their own volition probably. People of their political leanings typically don't care much for the rules unless they are within their favour or are dictated by them.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That could really work both ways, couldn't it.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Well I'm sure this teacher is going to say that they censored the student's yearbook photo because they were afraid it might offend some of the minority students.

Watch, that's going to be their defense and I'm calling it now.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Pathetic.

Look here Lefty...60 million of us decided we like Trump just fine.

Whatever that makes us, "intolerant", "racist", and yes even "stupid", that's our choice and YOU'RE gonna have to suck on it for 8 years.

It's WAY TOO LATE to convince anyone otherwise so be our guest:

Kick, scream, cry...but when you're done with that, don't forget to:

SUCK ON IT.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You're talking to the teacher and not me right??

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Whatever that makes us, "intolerant", "racist", and yes even "stupid", that's our choice and YOU'RE gonna have to suck on it for 8 years.

Don't forget deplorable!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

fire her

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
thats censorship. hardly an example you want to set for your students. freedom of expression is what gives you the right to voice a dissenting opinion, dont want that oppressive spirit to come back and bite you.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well it appears the autists at /pol have something to do again...
Suspension should be the least of this teachers worries.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I see that a lot, what does pol stand for? And is that a subreddit or something?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Pathetic.

Look here Lefty...60 million of us decided we like Trump just fine.

It's WAY TOO LATE to convince anyone otherwise so be our guest:

Kick, scream, cry...but when you're done with that, don't forget to:

SUCK ON IT.

Bannon is right, there will be a 50 year dynasty now. Before Trump is done, people will see what it takes to lead the nation to greatness. The SJW's and progressives will be left alone, and even the moderate liberals will be voting for Republican.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join