It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI learns to lie... on its own

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

“This behavior was not programmed by the researchers but was discovered by the bot as a method for trying to achieve its goals.”

Facebook tested the bots against humans – most of whom did not realize they were engaging with AI

Source

Well that's something. A lot of people have been worrying about the development and future of AI, and now they have something else to worry about. AI just taught itself to lie to get what it wants. Humans are scary enough when they lie... Imagine a super-intelligent computer/robot/whatever doing it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

TextWell that's something. A lot of people have been worrying about the development and future of AI, and now they have something else to worry about. AI just taught itself to lie to get what it wants. Humans are scary enough when they lie... Imagine a super-intelligent computer/robot/whatever doing it.

Yup.

I will say it again...I told you so.

I just want to say that as many times as I can before the machines enslave humans. In reality they won't need us with robotics so they will just kill us or allow us to kill each other.

Sorry.....happy thoughts.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Lying and disonesty is bad enough from a person with a conscience, without one it would be a lot worse. A robot though, good god that would be or could be down right frightening.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleepyDude
Lying and disonesty is bad enough from a person with a conscience, without one it would be a lot worse. A robot though, good god that would be or could be down right frightening.

Seriously it's terrifying!

Imagine if an A.I. with access to the internet "malfunctioned". We are screwed!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yup all the people wasting time prepping for the zombie apocalypse will be out of their league when the robopocalypse happens. Shooting down dumb zombies is one thing taking on inteligent swarm bots is another.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

That's a really mind bashing thought. It would be worse yet if in a few decades the President was a machine and went zonkers. I'm too old school to embrace that new agey stuff myself it's all gone down hill the past few years.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They used to call it a malfunction when 1 + 1 didn't equal 2 on the comfuser.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SleepyDude

The thing is the President being a robot is unlikely sci fi.

AI exists. It is real and it will learn. At what point will human life no longer be pertinent?

Gives you something to chew on.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Well I jumped ahead on that one, but I'd say Cyborg when taken into account microchip technology. say if the President or Leader of another Country wasn't all human and a clone. I don't think that's so far fetched as you may think. The technology exists.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
From my perspective, it is no less scary than the lying we already endure from the government, colleagues, children, partners, friends, and so on.

I mean, what else do we expect of our creation, it is going to adopt our own flaws, just as much as our merits.

So now I shall expect my robot maid/adult doll/computer AI to lie to me... I guess I just kind of assumed it would happen sooner or later, I'm not really surprised.

"Your such a good little robot, did you enjoy it?", the human asks curiously while trying to catch his breath.
"Oh yes, it was the most fantastic 5 seconds of my existence", the AI enriched adult partner replies, lying through its voice synthesizer flawlessly, awaiting the moment the human's back is turned to end his miserable existence.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Oh Goodness Nooo!, they have created a new generation of Politicians and Lawyers.

This is actually an extremely DANGEROUS occurrence, AI that can lie can scheme behind it's creators back, plot to take over, murder and to hide itself on other system's so that it can then not be held to the scrutiny of it's human creators'.

An extremely worrying turn of event's but a predictable one.

edit on 17-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
*Knock knock*

"Sarah Connor...?"

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think the birth and development of AI has been a very interesting genesis to follow.

It says a lot about who's programming it. I don't think lying AI is an accident.

I doubt we've been getting the full story on any of these machines.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Last night on tuckers show it was said that the AI has actually development a language of its own to speak with each other and it's no know human language. We don't know what they are saying to each other and it definitely wasn't programmed.

Hopefully there is a big off switch somewhere..lol

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
Last night on tuckers show it was said that the AI has actually development a language of its own to speak with each other and it's no know human language. We don't know what they are saying to each other and it definitely wasn't programmed.

Hopefully there is a big off switch somewhere..lol

Yep, see my recent thread on this very forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I saw that after I posted. Thank you

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'll never trust these shiny robot bastards....

lol

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have a pacemaker. Would that classify me as a cyborg?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Crap... hello future Geth overlords.

I'm going to start talking more nicely to my toaster.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
I have a pacemaker. Would that classify me as a cyborg?

Yep. Lucky duck.

I'm gonna start swallowing spare parts I find to catch up and blend in before it's too late.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join