It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice on a deed matter? any lawyers with suggestions? (no advice-I understand lol)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: SBMcG

just a normal dudes opinion....seems like he is probably screwed.
he put her on the deed. willingly.
does not sound like she did anything illegal.
spent his money. saved her money. now she wants half of we she legally owns with him

yeah....seems pretty straight forward

Exactly right.

If you grant someone title to a property via a deed in common, that is essentially a gift.

I have seen so much of this over the years... The OP's beau is probably just a nice guy who was trying to do the right thing and now -- POOF! Half the value of his property is gone.

yeah he seems like he made a major mistake

how did she con him into it exactly?
cause she laid it on thick about what will happen to me?
thats not a con...

maybe he was just being nice and generous but come on...you cant do # like that

Oh, I'm sure she got into his ear and worked her magic. Women know men far better than men know women.

I feel bad when I hear stuff like this, but it happens more often than one might think.
edit on 16-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I didn't ask for your insults, he's not stupid, so knock that crap off...a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank you a reply to: SBMcG

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockhndr
well yes, I am pissed about it...and rightfully so...but does it mean I want anything out of this for myself? NO...if we have to move, so be it, I got his back and don't need possession or money to show how much

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I didn't ask for your insults, he's not stupid, so knock that crap off...a reply to: TinySickTears

i meant he made a stupid decision. relax
i also said he was being nice and generous....

calm it down

nice people can make stupid decisions...thats all i meant.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok, I gotcha lol...it's just a screwed up situation, we'll deal with it...but why people (her) have to be this way I will never understand SMH

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i meant he made a stupid decision. relax
i also said he was being nice and generous....

calm it down

nice people can make stupid decisions...thats all i meant.

There are people out there who prey on people's niceness. They act like friends as long as they keep giving them things. I have known people like that, the more nice you are, the more they will try to take advantage of you.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And THAT'S why I'm an introvert LOL! a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ok, I gotcha lol...it's just a screwed up situation, we'll deal with it...but why people (her) have to be this way I will never understand SMH

its human nature for some.
everyone has their own set of standards they live by and we all justify our actions based on those standards.
in a perfect world she would sign her # over and walk away...

i think about my standards and i never claim to be some morally great person.
i would never for example steal a persons house. i would never play the con game and try to deceive them into giving me half a house.
if someone wanted to give me half a house though i would not say no and if the time ever came that we part ways i want half that # that was given to me....

crappy? yeah....i think so

if things ended though then something went wrong. there would be no love loss there. for me it wouldnt be about wanting to hurt the other person but to help myself.
have a stack from a house could do me some good

i say go get a consult from a lawyer...or like another said see if she will settle for a little bit to sign it over

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

oh for sure but the OP is making it sound like they were in a relationship.

might have been some preying going on but may have been some om trying to take care of my boo going on too

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you...the whole thing is a scam, nothing but a woman who used a man to "get through" while she awaited a workers comp settlement that he was also (understandably) counting on within "their" home...how do some people sleep at night? lol...regardless, I will sleep just fine, with him by my side, whether it's here, OR a cardboard box!! LOL! a reply to: nerbot

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Not sure I understand you...they WERE in a relationship...??? a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

oh for sure but the OP is making it sound like they were in a relationship.

might have been some preying going on but may have been some om trying to take care of my boo going on too

My Ex got married quite a few times after we were married, she tried to take her husbands to the cleaners every time. Actually, she did not get much off of me, it could be I did not have much of anything at the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
She led him to believe that HER own settlement would be a part of their home, when in reality, she was embezzling HIS money to her own account and took off when she received her own settlement....we can prove she was taking his money for her own gain...and yes, he made a very poor choice, but it was assumption between two people and reasonable expectation amongst it all....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This was the reason I asked in the OP, should she be taken to court for half the value of the property when it was a reasonable assumption that she would pay her half, OR her own way???

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Not sure I understand you...they WERE in a relationship...??? a reply to: TinySickTears

you just said he was living with a woman. didnt say there were married or n a relationship.

thought maybe they were just friends

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
No, they were never married, but yes, a relationship was there a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I owe you an apology for "jumping the gun" earlier...truly sorry, yes, it was a stupid mistake for him to do...I guess we just didn't need to be reminded of it...lesson learned (and I learned a lesson in our discussion as well, lol-never "jump the gun") have an awesome Friday night, be safe, be warm...always another humans feelings and understanding...good night Tiny....thanks for the challenge and making me RE-think things!! LOLOL!! Peace to ALL

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Have "Vito" go over to her kids house and have a little heart to heart talk. Know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I owe you an apology for "jumping the gun" earlier...truly sorry, yes, it was a stupid mistake for him to do...I guess we just didn't need to be reminded of it...lesson learned (and I learned a lesson in our discussion as well, lol-never "jump the gun") have an awesome Friday night, be safe, be warm...always another humans feelings and understanding...good night Tiny....thanks for the challenge and making me RE-think things!! LOLOL!! Peace to ALL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join