It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard: FBI investigating report of dirty bomb in South Carolina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Coast Guard: FBI investigating report of dirty bomb in South Carolina
www.kmov.com...
like the title says

MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - The U.S. Coast Guard is telling WCSC-TV in South Carolina - the FBI is investigating a report of a dirty bomb on a ship at the Wando Terminal. According to witnesses on the scene, the terminal was evacuated and agents were seen taping off the ship. Emergency officials report no radiation has been detected at this time. A dirty bomb is an explosive made with radioactive material. Witnesses told WCSC-TV that the Coast Guard and the Charleston County Sheriff's Office have responded to the incident. Hazmat and EMS crews are also reported on the scene.

Looks like they may have it contained but this plus the Arlington shooting on the same day.
edit on 14-6-2017 by modified device because: forgot the source plus sometimes thinking about nachos makes me forget

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

Must have come upon this via intercepted "chatter", since there's no radiation detected. I hope the FBI wasn't sent o a wild goose chase to this ship, while the real dirty-bomb is on another vessel...in another port.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Great. Just great. This is practically in my backyard. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I hope this isn't true.

Charleston County Fire and EMS Radio

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Where was the boat coming from?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ship name.. Maersk Memphis

just FYI...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Most recent port call is GIBRALTAR, GIBRALTAR. Currently the vessel MAERSK MEMPHIS is on her next destination to CHARLESTON and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) is around Jun 14, 22:00.

Date / TimePort / Country
Jun 05, 2017, 12:04 UTCGIBRALTAR, GIBRALTAR
Jun 05, 2017, 06:05 UTCALGECIRAS, SPAIN
Jun 04, 2017, 17:04 UTCGIBRALTAR, GIBRALTAR
May 26, 2017, 00:48 UTCSALALAH, OMAN
May 22, 2017, 00:00 UTCMUMBAI (EX BOMBAY), INDIA

edit on 14-6-2017 by thack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Nothing to do with Islam I take it?

Yeah, thought so.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I wonder what your train of thought was when you quipped that brilliant thought and decided to share it with the rest of us human beings...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dry run for a real nuke...?

That day is coming, folks!

And it will be exactly like this... A freighter in a major US port.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sure has been a busy 48 hours for "what the hell is going on" events. Lets hope there is no dirty bomb. Im not sure theyd tell us if they found one. Thats the kind of thing they keep under wraps usually.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Sure has been a busy 48 hours for "what the hell is going on" events. Lets hope there is no dirty bomb. Im not sure theyd tell us if they found one. Thats the kind of thing they keep under wraps usually.

It has been crazy. Seems like it is coming from all directions, it's just hard to keep up with all the news.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Every cop and first responder sent out on the call would immediately make calls of their own -- to their families to tell them to get the hell away. That news would leak out almost immediately.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Supposedly George Webb was the one who sent in the tip, his last video has him calling the authorities.

Full disclosure - I haven't seen the video yet
edit on 15-6-2017 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I see CNN reporting on this but due to "potential threat"
CNN

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

From what I have read some time ago there is no such thing as a 'dirty bomb in suitacase because a suitacase simply cannot contain enough ctirical mass material.

I am aware that what the articple referd to may not be a suitcase bomb but its relevant to put context into the discussion of a 'dirty bomb.'

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is strange. It seems like there was a theory about a stolen nuke in NC, or was it SC not more than a year or two ago? It was reported right here on ATS. Let's do some digging. I swear it was a big deal.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That's a bit spooky, It makes you wonder doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

They are investigating the ship Maersk Memphis.
If you check the ship schedule, it was in Salalah (Oman) on 25th May, went trough the Suez canal on 31, Algeciras (Spain/Marocco) on 4th June and arrived in the US on 12th June, in Newark.
Charleston is the second harbour visited by this ship since it crossed the Atlantic.

If there is a device on board, it could have been detonated in Newark ... or loaded there ...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
IT was a YouTube Seth Rich investigator with thousand's of live stream followers who claimed 6 patriots gave him the info on the dirty bombs and his followers started calling it in to the coast guard with him... their was a whole show with the Seth Rich thing and a guy named George Webb who is off his rocker got caught up with his handler Jason Goodman on YouTube and Jason and Webb caused all of this by claiming to have intelligence they did not have... Webbs brother made a video saying his brothers in custody.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... (jason goodmans video they deleted the one where he called tho I think)
edit on 15-6-2017 by HaurusTheShaman because: added youtube videos

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join