It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me it's just a Coincidence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Also have a weird coincidence about my deceased Dad.
Back story, Dad graduated Harvard Class of 1950, one of his favorite professors he had at college was "THE" poet Robert Frost and one of my Father's favorite poems was "A Road Less Travelled".
I recited the poem at his Eulogy, later that year a Friend and I traveled to the Ford Museum in Michigan where one of Frost's childhood homes is on display. Approaching Frost's home, I told my friend my Dad's story and began to recite the poem. As I opened the door Robert Frost's voice picked up the poem at the exact point I had left off. A recording of Frost plays in the house...gotta love those coincidences

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

My opinion is a tampered with label, could be a crime.

Drat! Foiled again

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: jafo1973

My opinion is a tampered with label, could be a crime.

Drat! Foiled again

Ha ha. Just an opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't call them coincidences, It has to be something more than that.

Here is my latest: short version...

My mother called asking me for my fathers social security number as I collected all of his stuff after he passed away. When I found his ss number I recalled it to her over the phone, she had paused her TV.... after I had told her the ss number she was silent for a few seconds... she was looking at her TV and there was a plumbing commercial paused with a phone number, the exact same number as my father ss#..... PLUS I had just fixed her plumbing the day before.

edit on 14-6-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Those are some crazy coincidences...

I got one for you.

years ago i lived at a ski resort. I was doing a snowboard test for a magazine company. We 10 different boards a day and would answer some questions and write about how we thought they preformed. We weren't supposed to know what boards we were riding but sometimes i could tell.

Anyway, I was riding the last board of the test on the last day and decided to go meet up with my friends who were all on mushrooms at the top of the mountain in a spot we like to hang out at. The board i was riding was the most expensive board at the time (around $1200), it was called the Burton Vapor and was supposed to be the best board you could buy. So i get to the top of the mountain and meet up with my friends, they ask what board Im riding. I tell them the "Burton Vapor". They all start making jokes about how good its should be and how i should be way better at snowboarding now, and one of my friends says "there better be a hippy that comes out of the forrest to push you when you get stuck in the flats up here".

Everyone laughed and we decide to ride down. I get to the bottom in front of everyone and the cat track we are riding flattens out and i get stuck in the flats, (that happens every time on this particular run) Right before i go to unstrap and walk up the hill, this dude with a huge beard and a tie die t shirt comes walking out of the woods and asks me if i want a push up the hill. I say yes, and he pushes me up the hill to where i can ride again. I looked back and all my friends were on the ground dying of laughter. The hippy told me he was just walking around up there and came out of the woods at the right time.

The craziest coincidence of my life by far. I like to think it was my friends expanded minds manifesting reality through unintentionally focused group consciousness. Or it was just a coincidence.
edit on 14-6-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Well OP, that is weird but as others have said there are no coincidences...at least for me it seems a grand design that few people take note of in their life.

Here is my latest which I posted about a year ago but will include here with some clarifications

I bought a house in 2008. I had originally wanted the house next door but it was taken off the market the day I called because of a contract placed on it, this was my birthday in 2007. The house I bought turned out to be the house next door to the one I originally wanted. The owner of my original desired house wanted my house but it was taken off the market when she called.

So now we are next door neighbors and became friends. In 2014, she calls me but hangs up because of clicking on her line. Shortly after she calls me back . About a minute later I notice a clicking on my line. During the conversation I learn we have the same last 4 digits in our phone number. She has a cell phone ( a newer device) I have a ground line. She has had her number much longer than .I

Later in the day I check my missed calls and there are two calls to me from myself by someone unknown ( understand there is a way to do this).

A couple months prior to this call, I had learned my father was not my father. Devastating at the time but got over it and emerged myself into the search.

Now for the strange part. My next neighbor's surname is Hudson. Her grandfather was adopted by Hudson's and that is the surname she uses. Turns out my real surname is Hudson.

To sum up...we wanted each others house but they both had been taken off the market the day we called. I called on my birthday. We ended up next door to each other. The last 4 digits of our phone number is the same. The last 4 digits is your identifier. Her phone was a new device and mine was a land line. Our last names are the same and last names are identifiers. I am a real Hudson and she is not.

Almost seems a cosmic joke right in your face.

To add a bit in 1996 I went to a psychi in AZ. They told me there was a military man in a blue uniform looking over me and he had already passed. My believed to be father was Army Airforce in WW2. They never wore blue and his (adoptive father) was an army colonial. I didn't realize at the time that they didn't wear blue and assumed it was my father's adoptive father. Turns out my bio father was Navy and a Chief Petty officer who would have a blue uniform. He died in 1955.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This thread in itself is a "coincidence" for me!! I've just finished (Ithink its finished lol) a three week stint of synchronicity or coincidences which were so regular and profound that I was actually starting to get a bit worried.

1. Was looking for a specific belt, old 1970's hippy leather belt made of metal rings and leather. Couldn't find one like it anywhere searched all over the net but no luck. Went to my dad's two weeks ago Saturday and he asked if I could remove some more of my late mum's stuff as he wanted to clear out the back cubby hole so I told him okey dokey I can always sell it on Ebay lol. He handed me a carrier bag full of belts and asked if they were any good to me. Of course inside the bag was the exact belt I'd wanted together with a bundle of others all from around late 60's 70's. Pretty gobsmacked.

2. Youngest daughter is trying to get Army fit and she desperately wanted a proper exercise bike but the one that seemed most suitable was over £400. On that same day as I was at my dad's he asked my friend if he would go into the loft as there were some things up there that maybe I could use. My chum went up into the loft and there still boxed up was the very same bike!! He got it down without injury lol it wasn't easy....and yup Ennis exercise bike. I asked dad why he'd even got such a thing, bearing in mind he's paralysed down one side, and he said my mother had got it for him when he had his stroke but they'd never got around to putting it up and it was in the way so his neighbour put it in the loft.
So I leave dad's with the bike we'd wanted and the belt I'd been looking for

3. I'm on a very limited income and my daughter needs a passport for her id for the Army. Over £90 here in the UK to get one so it was tricky to say the least. I was getting a little panicky as each time I thought I'd got enough money to get it sorted, something else cropped up that meant I had to spend the little I'd saved. Last Thursday I gave up trying, went to bed with the thoughts "bugger it, something will turn up". Friday morning I got a refund on my gas and electricity (I'm on meter) £45 each utility! Passport now applied for lol

4. Friday night I was on facebook bemoaning the fact that I'd all these people on my friends list and couldn't remember any of them bar 2 that even spoke to me. I was in a bad mood and complaining that I never go out would love to dress up occasionally and see somewhere different to these 4 walls. Went to bed thinking ok gonna prune all those folk that aren't actually friends as to be fair I use fb mainly to keep in touch with the kids. Saturday morning I had one invite to lunch this week (today in fact) as "we needed to catch up" and invite to an old friend's 50th birthday party and an invitation to go see Pirates of the Caribbean from an old friend who lived far away but was coming up to see relatives. Ok so no friend pruning that day then lol

Now it seems to have slowed down or possibly stopped or perhaps I've got distracted and am not focussing. A friend of mine I knew from school, we recently got back in touch and have been fairly inseparable ever since, said that in the time she'd re-known me (4yrs or so) everytime I needed something, I got it, somehow and when the chips were down and I was at my wits end something always turned up. Looking back yup she's right....but how to harness that and how to keep it going and use it I just don't know and its frustrating me

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
Anybody else have any "strange" coincidences, or a newspaper they'd want me to write for?

CNN

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Pretty cool find. Deeper wise I wonder what other things relate to to the find, if any. Though, maybe it a blur or other on my end, the number on the second one looks like it starts with a 9, kinda rubbed away, rather than a 0?

I will have to check later on if a family member still has what may be a similar year model Makita to see how the numbers relate.

I've had a lot of coincidences from names(seems like it's not too uncommon) being relevant in current events for example, to dreams-pre cognitive more so. One more recent was something I needed to complete a set because it went missing, it turns out a second hand store had one of those, one that matched pretty closely and just one of them, not a set. Wasn't the first time that I had "dwelled" on an item that I needed and it turned up in one of those stores.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Coincidences.. I believe they call it the 'mandella effect nowadays'.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

No, mandala (its always been mandala) is about glitches in the matrix or people remembering things wrong,

This is different...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I guess that was a typo on my part, thanks for noticing. Mistypes annoy me more so when i do it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Haha, now we see the mandele effect in action! Made dat (SNIP) up bro!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Beer helped me.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Creepy stuff! Nothing to add, right now, too late, too tired, but will be around later to look and comment more.
S&F

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ever think ​about writing for the Washington Post?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

SS# is nine digits, phone number 10 digits. How did they match?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

My mother only needed the last 4 digits xxxx to verify an online bill account, the phone number was 11 digits 1(xxx) xxx-xxxx The number perfectly matched the ss# like this: xx) xxx-xxxx. I had her send me a screenshot.

My mother just blew it off and laughed at the situation, she doesn't care about this kind of stuff. She probably could connect the first 2 numbers to something, they where meant for her.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Ah. I understand it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join