It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me it's just a Coincidence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Back in 2012, member "DaveTheBear" posted the thread "Strange Stories of Coincidence", which elicited some great responses.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been 5 years and of the 19 respondents only 8 still post, what's happened since 2012 that would drive them away?...I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Anyway the photo below shows one of my "coincidences", bought the cordless drill and charger on the left back in the 1990's. The charger lasted about 20 years and for a replacement, the charger on the right,I had to go to e-bay. What are the chances that the replacement charger would have the next sequencial serial number from the original?...just a coincidence

I use to write for various dive magazines back in the 80's & 90's, but gave it up because of a number of "coincidences" that made me feel like the "Typhoid Mary" of free lance writers.
1. Underwater USA 1984-1998 a newspaper format dive magazine. Shortly after the paper ran one of my articles they were shut down in a hostile take over...just a coincidence I'm sure
2. Dive Boat Journal - after running one of my articles the editor and his son were killed in a diving accident...again, "coincidence"
3. Shipwrecks The Magazine - The owner E.Lee Spence, published this newsletter soup to nuts on Sullivan's Island, S. Carolina. That is until September 21, 1989 when my name sake hurricane ripped the roof off his building and sucked all the presses, paper, etc. out...coincidence???

Anybody else have any "strange" coincidences, or a newspaper they'd want me to write for?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great, now we're all gonna die now that we've read this. Thanks Wreck.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Sounds like Dirk Gently, man.
edit on 14-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Is it a serial number? Or is it a date code?
It is a product made in the 1990's.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I feel like a victim of mind control. What have you done to me?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I used to work at this terrible low pay part time job for about a year. It sucked, I really, really didn't like it and cursed it every shift. Then my final day came around. I kept thinking I wanted something exciting to happen, something memorable. About an hour later, the wind started picking up and the power went out. I excitedly said "something's happening" when the wind and rain became so strong you could no longer see through it and the roof above me started to collapse. Ends up an "almost-twister" ripped the corrugated roof off the neighboring auto shop and flung it into our roof. Pretty powerful, a customer surely would have been hurt had they left the building seconds before. But it was intriguing and i believe I summoned up the negative energy. It was literally my final shift before I moved a thousand miles home

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks for linking that other thread and adding in some of your own strange and uncanny coincidences.

Excellent topic, one of my favorites.
You can make synchronized events occur too, though I haven't discovered any way to control exactly what types of syncs happen or in what manner they occur in. I just know that it can be manifested by merely "looking for it". This stuff can happen multiple times on a daily basis (if you seek it) though it will always come in surprising ways that you cannot anticipate.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When I was about 17, I had a twin bed and on the wall above the head of the bed hung a gun rack with one 20 gauge shotgun on it. I was laying there relaxing and looked up and thought to myself, "that would suck if that gun rack fell on me during the night". I laid there for a few more minutes, then got up to leave, and low and behold, the gun rack fell off the wall and onto the bed about 5 seconds after I got up. I blew it off as perhaps the vibration jarred it loose from the screws holding it. The screws were still in the wall. This was a house I'd slept in for nearly a year with no problems of it falling, until the day I thought about it may not be a good idea it being on the wall. Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Great, now we're all gonna die now that we've read this.

Did I forget to mention I live in a well...bwahaha

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Everyone I've looked at is different, but still the numbers 0295 and 0296 twenty years apart is...just a coincidence of course

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Well then...

*Drum roll please*...

It's just a coincidence!

All kidding aside - it's pretty creepy isn't it.

I'll have to add some of my 'coincidences' but not up for it at the moment.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Slothshin

Ends up an "almost-twister" ripped the corrugated roof off the neighboring auto shop

There weren't any publishing houses nearby I may have written for??...yah never know

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You can make synchronized events occur too,

So a hurricane???
Good thing I stopped writing, the next one would surely have been an asteroid impact.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It started about a year ago in waves for me. It comes and goes in batches for a week or two at a time.

I put an iPod on to drown out the noise. I get as much work as I can get done then check in here. Some days are really slow so I'm here a lot! lol

Anyway, it often happens while typing up a reply I will be typing the word to song playing right at that moment. I mean the current lyric is the same word I'm typing at the moment. When it happens it is at least 3 times a week. Also happens while at the bar sending quick replies with songs I've never heard before. When it does not happen I noticed too!

We've got a remodel of the office next door. The other day I was listening to an album I have not listened to in a while. The circular saw was in tune with the song! Stuff like makes me chuckle.

Seems Universe has a sense of humor!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: butcherguy

Everyone I've looked at is different, but still the numbers 0295 and 0296 twenty years apart is...just a coincidence of course

Here is a coincidence for you.
Last week I was in a covenience store and while waiting in line at the checkout, I suddenly thought of my deceased father. He had a specific 3 digit number that he played often on the lottery.
I played it.
The number came up straight.
I won 290 bucks.
I play the daily number 2 or 3 times a year at most.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My mind was just blown...well done sir S & F.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hahaha! I've got one that happened yesterday, although it's not as exciting as any of the above.

I was sitting in an office and had my Pandora playing on my phone. It was really low so that I wouldn't disturb anyone else. A co-worker was walking down the hall, and as she passed my door I heard her singing the same song I was listening to at that moment. I asked her if my music was too loud, and she said that she didn't even know I was listening to anything. She said the song she was singing was playing on her Pandora channel. We weren't even listening to the same channel.

Like I said, exciting......

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There are no coincidences!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

On the first I see "0295" the second I see a blurred first number which could be a zero or an eight maybe a three followed by "296".

My opinion is a tampered with label, could be a crime.
edit on 14-6-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreedomFighter37
There are no coincidences!

Correct.

But what do you think that reveals ?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join