It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Sheriff Declares “THIS IS WAR!” Tells Americans To Arm Up

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Smart sheriff. Unlike Leftists, he knows the truth. When you have only seconds, help is minutes away. The very best response time isn't typically fast enough, when a violent crime is occurring. Self defense is THE best, first line of defense for anyone.

Today, we saw people who were not able to defend themselves, who would have likely died had not one of them had armed police protection. Most of us do not, of course, have that, thus, being armed is sensible. Yet talking heads like Juan Williams claim that it was only because those people were police that they were able to stop the shooter. The disconnect is truly bizarre.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: intrptr

To be honest. Alcohol and firearms is not a good mix and would probably lead to drunken standoffs in nightclubs let alone terrorist threats. I believe that place was targeted because the assailant was gay himself? (Not sure if true).

However, i digress. Your 911 example is also full of holes. Being a Captain myself, there is not a chance in hell I would like my pressurized flying fart tubes full of itchy trigger fingers thanks very much.

I understand your aim. But to have a paranoid society walking around in School, nightclubs, movie theaters, shopping malls or roaming around the streets on the off-chance a terrorist attack "might" happen is a bit rich.

The opening for "I thought he was a terrorist" is to easy to ignore and would be used often.

You already have huge gun crime problems in the US. And the homicide rate due to guns is enormous! Well, compared to most other places on the planet.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for protecting oneself. But if we were all armed and "Ready" it would make you think you think twice about looking someone in the eye at the meat counter huh? Who will feel the need first??

There is so much wrong with this, it's hard to know where to begin.

No, we don't have "gun crime problems"; we have crime problems, and more crime occurs in places with the most gun control, than in places with more gun freedom. That's a fact. Plus, as someone who lives in a place where LOTS of people carry, no permit needed, open and concealed, I don't worry AT ALL about who does or doesn't have a gun. It's common. If they do, fine. If not, well, guess if something happens, I will have to defend them as well. No one bats an eyelash at people who carry. Most, you don't even know. Those who open carry, who cares? Nobody, that's who, from what I have seen! Much lower crime rates than some other places, too, and no crazy terrorist attacks, or flash mobs, or riots, or violent "protests", either.

On a plane, there should be armed people; at the least, some armed air marshals, who are NOT singled out and made obvious, as happens now, and the cockpit crew, and perhaps other trained personnel as well. There is the danger of depressurization, of course, but one armed person n the flights on 911 could have stopped those guys.

Guns in the states, though? Far safer with than without. Cases every single week, practically, of armed citizens stopping bad guys. The bad areas are the ones where only the criminals carry, not the places where the average citizen does.

As for gun crimes, murder can and does occur without guns in many places, and the victims are defenseless, because they aren't allowed to arm themselves. A gun is just a tool.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Except that is what he is offering. Classes in what to do if faced with that kind of situation, and classes to provide people with concealed carry permits.

He is strongly encouraging people to be trained and armed, so they may not have to be a defenseless patron cowering in a bathroom stall.

What do you suggest?

Heroes. The police waited outside for hours that night. They could hear the shots inside and they stayed outside waiting...

Finally, their only response was blowing holes in the bathroom wall to get the people out. Everyone else inside was dead or dying. Thats why the death toll was so high (highest recorded) the lone gunman had ample time to keep killing.

As rare as these incidents are, they should have done their job... better, (imo). What they hire on for if not to put themselves at risk to save citizens?

As far as guns inside the club, even one behind the bar, in the office, somewhere, anywhere.
Not 'everyone armed' but even one gun could have made a difference.

Sadly, insurance companies won't allow it.

That entire situation always baffled me. All those people, against ONE guy who was armed, and they never thought to rush him, and try to take him down?? Fighting, and saving many, would be far preferable to hiding and dying, you'd think.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The problem is that people have been programmed to fear defending themselves just in case they hurt the person trying to hurt them. It's lunacy.

No one knows how to defend nor reason with any kind of intellect anymore. The world has dropped to the bottom of the barrel in just the last 12 yrs.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

The problem is that people have been programmed to fear defending themselves just in case they hurt the person trying to hurt them. It's lunacy.

No one knows how to defend nor reason with any kind of intellect anymore. The world has dropped to the bottom of the barrel in just the last 12 yrs.

Exactly! Some even act as though killing some crook, who is in your home, attacking your family, would somehow be a bad thing. They are so brainwashed, they think cowering and hoping for the best is better. 12 years....sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I'm afraid to look forward to what the next 12 might look like. Atleast with Trump the world has some hope again for the future. I wish more people could see what's going on around them, most appear to be oblivious to all of it. Europe is all but doomed as far as i'm concerned which is unfortunate for the people and their ancestry, now being overtaken by a people who not only must they baby sit but also pay them to be there, while these invaders wreak havoc on their Country men.

That in itself ought to be a big lesson to everyone here in the West!
edit on 15-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

To be honest. Alcohol and firearms is not a good mix and would probably lead to drunken standoffs in nightclubs let alone terrorist threats. I believe that place was targeted because the assailant was gay himself? (Not sure if true).

However, i digress. Your 911 example is also full of holes. Being a Captain myself, there is not a chance in hell I would like my pressurized flying fart tubes full of itchy trigger fingers thanks very much.

I understand your aim. But to have a paranoid society walking around in School, nightclubs, movie theaters, shopping malls or roaming around the streets on the off-chance a terrorist attack "might" happen is a bit rich.

The opening for "I thought he was a terrorist" is to easy to ignore and would be used often.

You already have huge gun crime problems in the US. And the homicide rate due to guns is enormous! Well, compared to most other places on the planet.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for protecting oneself. But if we were all armed and "Ready" it would make you think you think twice about looking someone in the eye at the meat counter huh? Who will feel the need first??

As for gun crimes, murder can and does occur without guns in many places.

That is true, including in the United States. One-third of murders in the US don't involve a gun. If people can't get a gun, they don't just decide "eh I don't really wanna commit that murder anyway". They just use something else. The entire premise is asinine. The only people that are hurt by the restrictions in places like DC, Chicago etc are the victims.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Saw a documentary about it the other night-- been looking, can't find it. Details the events from an eyewitness perspective, shows cell cam footage from the bathroom stall even.

I can see why ordinary (unarmed) people cower in fear, this is atypical behavior. Happened at Columbine, and other situations like Mumbai, Kenya mall, as well.

edit on 15-6-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This sheriff seems to be way more intelligent than most of our politicians.
He should run for pres. Already got my vote

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'm afraid to look forward to what the next 12 might look like. Atleast with Trump the world has some hope again for the future. I wish more people could see what's going on around them, most appear to be oblivious to all of it. Europe is all but doomed as far as i'm concerned which is unfortunate for the people and their ancestry, now being overtaken by a people who not only must they baby sit but also pay them to be there, while these invaders wreak havoc on their Country men.

That in itself ought to be a big lesson to everyone here in the West!

It should be, but many refuse to open their eyes and see. Some hope, yes, but I believe that might be only for a short season. Europe....glad I had the chance to see it before it was destroyed!!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

As for gun crimes, murder can and does occur without guns in many places.

That is true, including in the United States. One-third of murders in the US don't involve a gun. If people can't get a gun, they don't just decide "eh I don't really wanna commit that murder anyway". They just use something else. The entire premise is asinine. The only people that are hurt by the restrictions in places like DC, Chicago etc are the victims.

Exactly! It's beyond ironic, too, that people can't see the hypocrisy of those demanding we surrender our guns, while walking around with armed guards!!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Saw a documentary about it the other night-- been looking, can't find it. Details the events from an eyewitness perspective, shows cell cam footage from the bathroom stall even.

I can see why ordinary (unarmed) people cower in fear, this is atypical behavior. Happened at Columbine, and other situations like Mumbai, Kenya mall, as well.

I skipped that footage myself. Still seems bizarre, that so many wouldn't band together, and do something, anything, to try and stay alive. Maybe the drinking?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Get guns, gear up and kill because there are other people out there that have gotten guns, geared up and killed.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I concur, it's destruction is happening from within, a warning that Sun Tzu spoke of millennia ago. It's unfortunate no one other than those who are in charge of the planet remember this. They're using it to their full advantage, and the results are blinding.
edit on 16-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I skipped that footage myself. Still seems bizarre, that so many wouldn't band together, and do something, anything, to try and stay alive. Maybe the drinking?

As they put it...

They heard shots, outside at first, getting louder, bom bom bom, hypersonic cracks of rifle fire, getting closer, now on the floor people running, screaming, falling, bom bom ba bom, the only place to run 'away' was the back hallway leading to the bathrooms. No exit doors, no windows, just... bathrooms.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I think most people just aren't prepared to face such a situation and can't think straight. Who can really blame them? I encourage everyone to get training, be armed, be prepared. It's not living in fear, no more than having smoke detectors or fire extinguishers in your home is.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I concur, it's destruction is happening from within, a warning that Sun Tzu spoke of millennia ago. It's unfortunate no one other than those who are in charge of the planet remember this. They're using it to their full advantage, and the results are blinding.

That they are, and it's getting worse by the day. Of course, the other side will use such a mentality to further demonize people who choose to defend themselves. All part of the plan.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Bad situation all around, if so. I do recall, though, some clown claiming he blocked an emergency exit.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I think most people just aren't prepared to face such a situation and can't think straight. Who can really blame them? I encourage everyone to get training, be armed, be prepared. It's not living in fear, no more than having smoke detectors or fire extinguishers in your home is.

Exactly! People don't want to believe anything can happen tot hem, so many never prepare, never plan. Having a weapon, and knowing how to use it, adds a layer of protection, and preparedness, that cannot be equaled! Nothing about living in fear; just good common sense!

Things can happen anywhere. Place we used to live, the neighborhood was pretty decent when we moved in, but it changed. By the time we left, there were criminal types all over. One house we were certain had "ladies of the evening" working out of it, and there were dealer types working between several houses on our street. These punks would glare at us every single time we'd sit outside, on OUR front porch, to enjoy the outdoors and get some fresh air. Most nights, I ended up sitting out there armed. They never actually approached when we were outside, but they did loosen a wheel on our vehicle once. Could have caused a bad accident, had it not come off right at the corner, when the car was barely moving. Eventually, had we not moved, I am sure someone would have tried breaking in.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join