It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey May Have Perjured Himself on May 3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

So what was his reason for sharing it with his friend?

To get it out to the press so that the public would know.

Also, ALL FBI materials he posses arent his to give or share, secret or not.

The FBI does not have control over his intellectual property. His personal memos or recollections of specific events, as long as they do not contain classified info, are his to do with as he pleases.

All typed on FBI laptops, while on the clock about meetings with the POTUS about national affairs... not HIS recollections. Not anymore.

His initial notes of the meetings were done on secure systems. We do not know what he used to create his personal memos that were leaked.
edit on 12-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Wrong.

The FBI has legal agreements with its employees that govern HOW and WHEN they can talk about WHAT they did while on the job.

So his reasons were because he wanted to leak it....

Because of reasons.

Check
edit on 6 12 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The FBI has legal agreements with its employees that govern HOW and WHEN they can talk about WHAT they did while on the job.

They cannot talk about anything classified.

Since he is no longer an employee of the FBI, he is well within his right to share his personal, unclassified, recollections.

Former FBI Director James Comey’s release of his memos to The New York Times was a carefully orchestrated act that appeared designed to shield him from any legal repercussions, whistleblower and ethics lawyers say. While President Trump’s personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, is reportedly preparing a leak complaint against Comey, experts say the fight over Comey’s disclosures is more political than legal.

thehill.com...

Have a read.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You're not missing the "context"..that I'd give you! You're missing the loyalty and "oath of office". Comey should've saddled his horse and road fast and hard, in another direction, if the regime change was that hard on his financial obligations... The guy is at heart, a "lawyer". Where anything you say, will be used against you. He said a lot of nothing, as usual. "Tax dollars at work"!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You are using whistle blower laws to show me examples of the FBI allowing its employees to use their own discretion as to what they can talk about?

Lol

Do you think people who hold secret or above clearance levels are encouraged to talk about non classified material?

He still has to run it by his superiors. IF ITS COOL, they tell him and he can write books about what they say is cool.

You think this is like a movie or something?

The review panel he was supposed to contact would be pretty useless if what you say were true.

edit on 6 12 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
No, he did not perjure himself.

He did not act as an anonymous source leaking info to the media and he did not ask anyone at the FBI to be an anonymous source.

You really tortured the language.

The Man lied.

The Man leaked.

The Man cost your precious demon the Election.

You couldn't believe he injected himself into the Election.

Now, he represents truth and honor.

You are a hypocrite.

edit on 12-6-2017 by whyamIhere because: Toned down ...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You really tortured the language.

No. I simply paid attention to the specific words he was asked.

The Man cost your precious demon the Election.

I was not a Hillary supporter.

You couldn't believe he injected himself into the Election

Actually, I was one of the few that supported what he did during the election, whether it hurt Hillary or not.

Now, he represents truth and honor.

Yes, he is a honorable man. Shame he has become part of the mess.

You are a hypocrite.

No. You are projecting things other people have said on to me.

If you want to disagree with me, that's fine. But don't be dishonest and just make crap up.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless
Maybe the title should be:

Comey May Have Crap__ Himself on May 3

edit on 12-6-2017 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You are using whistle blower laws to show me examples of the FBI allowing its employees to use their own discretion as to what they can talk about?

No. He was/is no longer an employee.

Do you think people who hold secret or above clearance levels are encouraged to talk about non classified material?

Encouraged? Whom encouraged Comey?

He still has to run it by his superiors. IF ITS COOL, they tell him and he can write books about what they say is cool.

He has no superiors. He's unemployed.

You think this is like a movie or something?

What gave you that impression?
edit on 12-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
Isn't Comey his own man? Why would "Comey" need to lie? Other than himself being a "trained lawyer"? Maybe? Comey has a insight to how things really work? I can totally respect his knowledge. But I can not respect the boy's ability as a man. He's a POS. Doesn't say anything worth saying. Doesn't damn anybody! Just rides the fence. Just makes me wonder who's git what, on him. The guy smells of "wrong".

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So what? DC doesn't care about lying anymore want proof?
Our AG lied and still got his job.
Trumps son in law advisor lied and still got his job.
Hell even Trump lied his ass off and he still got his job.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am so elated every time I visit ATS...

Praise be to Allah(and Aisha) for the 2016 election...

And with Comey and his antics, the victory parade continues...

As noted, your timeline is off with the op but it is entirely reasonable to assume this was not the first time former director Comey acted in such a way…

Ergo, he may have perjured himself but we do not know yet..
It is likely a pattern of behavior not invented for his final leak...likely this was a well travelled avenue for him as he tends toward behaving like a gossipy 7th grade child..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22
J.E.H use to like to dress up, in Womens clothing. A lot of "tax dollars" was spent trying to cover that up.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: murphy22
J.E.H use to like to dress up, in Womens clothing. A lot of "tax dollars" was spent trying to cover that up.

That is actually an urban legend perpetuated by homophobic Democrats in the wake of his death to smear the former director who had held such power for the better part of 5 decades…

In those days Democrats(aided by the sycophantic media) equated sexuality with transgender and were exceedingly mocking of both...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So what? DC doesn't care about lying anymore want proof?
Our AG lied and still got his job.
Trumps son in law advisor lied and still got his job.
Hell even Trump lied his ass off and he still got his job.

You people are so butthurt I'm almost empathetic
edit on 12-6-2017 by TSefu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This issue may arise because someone gets a little confused during their questioning. It is possible a mistake was made by comey. It is kind of stressful and with stress sometimes you get mixed up a bit, not completely understanding the question.

For perjury you need to have been lying willfully, mixed up does not count most times. Anyone being questioned can make mistakes, that happens a lot. You have to know you are not telling the truth in order for it to be perjury. If the info you were led to believe is not real, you are just a fool, not a perjurer.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

They cannot talk about anything classified.

Since he is no longer an employee of the FBI, he is well within his right to share his personal, unclassified, recollections.

Former FBI Director James Comey’s release of his memos to The New York Times was a carefully orchestrated act that appeared designed to shield him from any legal repercussions, whistleblower and ethics lawyers say. While President Trump’s personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, is reportedly preparing a leak complaint against Comey, experts say the fight over Comey’s disclosures is more political than legal.

thehill.com...

Have a read.

Information is classified...not the medium it's stored on (ie. brain vs. paper).

This argument suggests that all classified info can be freely given out as long as it's simply from memory, rather than on a medium stamped 'Classified.'

No wonder Comey didn't recommend charges against Hillary.

Clearly, no information is truly classified if anyone has ever read or heard it. What a f*cking mess.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

When did DC. Ever care about lying? Unless you're in their neighborhood? You must get your "knowledge" off PBS?..or CNN? Catch up! Tinhorn. .. I'll wait. Only because, I love my country, ..and you show some flicker of potential.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

This argument suggests that all classified info can be freely given out as long as it's simply from memory, rather than on a medium stamped 'Classified.'

I said in my post "unclassified". He cannot share classified material with an unclassified recipient. He said that he shared his personal, unclassified memos, which he has every right to do.

No wonder Comey didn't recommend charges against Hillary. Clearly, no information is truly classified if anyone has ever read or heard it. What a f*cking mess.

I think you misunderstood what I posted.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This issue may arise because someone gets a little confused during their questioning. It is possible a mistake was made by comey. It is kind of stressful and with stress sometimes you get mixed up a bit, not completely understanding the question.

For perjury you need to have been lying willfully, mixed up does not count most times. Anyone being questioned can make mistakes, that happens a lot. You have to know you are not telling the truth in order for it to be perjury. If the info you were led to believe is not real, you are just a fool, not a perjurer.

Exactly and a very good point.

It all goes back to, hate to say it, intent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join