It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have an Experiment to See If the Human Mind Is Bound to the Physical World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

This is awesome. Not that it's a new discovery, because there are plenty of people walking this planet who know that it isn't...but it's incredibly uplifting to see it being given validation. We truly do possess the ability to come together and change our reality...we've simply been led to believe that it was impossible, fantastical, something out of a science fiction movie. It's not.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This goes towards explaining a lot of high strangeness and UFO encounters. If we have a quantum mind and sometimes can perceive certain parts of the future before it happens, maybe we're momentarily seeing something from the future when we see UFO's.

Instead of them coming back in time, maybe its just a part of our consciousness jumping forward momentarily.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hopefully, the experiment is done, it seems like one that won't be taken very seriously by the scientific community. I would like to see it done.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I'd like to see this experiment done on any creature with a brain... makes sense to me, ruling out certain factors with biology perhaps.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie

Our brains create an electrical impulse that caries specific information from one part of the brain through your body. Now electricity, I'm assuming are electrons. Neurons create a partial that can travel through mass. So in theory our thoughts get scattered throughout the universe traveling in all directions at the speed of light. So with enough focus. Why not be able to manipulate the physical world around you since atoms make up the physical world.

Science is awesome.

Science is indeed awesome and that's exactly what i've been telling my friends every time they look at me and ask how i can read their mind.

I can't read nobody's mind but sometimes my inner transmitter aka. the brain, recieves or intercepts a very clear electrical impulse coming from people. When it's clear i hear that thought/signal just like a radio, if it's not clear i can guess sometimes. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I'm not so sure about that.

You do realize that if the human mind wasn't bound to the physical world, then you wouldn't be communicating in the physical world....

Right?

E'er'one missing the obvious?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Stuff like this has been done since 1973 in the noetic field.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What the hell you talking about? As much as you desire it, we aren''t "1s and 0s".

Life is not binary.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Life is not binary.

except when it comes to gender.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yuck, yuck.

So computers will be boy and girl too...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yuck, yuck.

Bonzi Buddy is way more annoying than Siri, as annoying as she is.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: intrptr

Yuck, yuck.

Bonzi Buddy is way more annoying than Siri, as annoying as she is.

Computer voices are female in some aircraft, too.

Men designs machines to talk back to them in girlish tones...

"Pull up! Pull Up!" Its alright though, shes mindless...

edit on 11-6-2017 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

this news is just adding to my strong belief in the power of thought, i believe every thought has an effect, and that this news is not new to secret groups that use the power of images to great effect to control and confuse the masses..... are we awakening?? i dunno but evolution doesn't stop and for me our next leap will be a conscious one, awareness of our thoughts and their effects?
we may only be limited by our imagination

edit on 11-6-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You do realize that if the human mind wasn't bound to the physical world, then you wouldn't be communicating in the physical world....

Right?

Where did you ever get the idea that the human mind isn't bound to the physical world? It is one of the main interfaces we use to interact with this reality.

Do you think that the view point of us being nothing more than electrical impulses in a mortal shell diminishes the possibilities of enjoying this reality?
edit on 11-6-2017 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Right?

Clearly more is available, activate all the cores, all the chips, then we shall see.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Yes. S and F.

I think that the more you become aware of this, imho, the greater the responsibility you may have in directing your mind in a beneficial way.

Ive seen far too many times, strange "coincidences" wherein nothing but concsious thought and feeling seem to be the cause, or at least, correlated in some way.

Exactly!

There's a lot of things that we call "coincidence" that I think is evidence of the quantum nature of reality and the quantum mind. For instance:

I remember watching TV one day then an experience from High School with a friend I haven't seen since High School popped into my head.

I then bumped into that same friend when I went to the store.

If we have a quantum mind, then there will be times we experience the future before it even happens because a quantum mind wouldn't be bound by time as we experience it. So in this case, I saw my friend and thought about the experience in High School but that thought just happened before I actually saw my friend and we just chalk it up as a coincidence.

There's a lot of things like this and different experiences that we just chalk up to coincidence.

I used to that with people at college when going around town. I'd think of a person while going walkabout between the bookstores and suddenly meet them after going into a shop or turning a corner.

I can do a similar thing with Google Streetview by trying to find a store in a strange town. Just focus on the name of the shop and wander up and down streets.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

They could save a lot of time and money and just ask me or millions of other psychonauts.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here's the exhaustive (800 pp!) study of the emerging ramifications of the new dualism:

Edward Kelly et al:

"Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century"

1st Edition
ISBN-13: 978-1442202061
edit on 11-6-2017 by srb2001 because: Typo

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

A friend of mine is a scientist and a businessman and he won't look at this kind of evidence

Scientists are as irrational as religious fanatics

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What it shows is that the world is based in a "monistic idealism" where consciousness, not matter is primary, instead of a "materialist monism" in which matter is primary and consciousness nothing but an epiphenomenon of matter.

It generally makes atheists very uncomfortable who prefer to think of the world and everything in it, including the human being as little more than a thing or series of things, however complex.

It also suggests that the brain and nervous system may be linked to the zero point field or the akashic field or in other words that the brain is much more like a sending and receiving node, whereby consciousness isn't located exclusively within the meatbag.

Further, prior to choice or in the absence of judgement, the mind can be considered to be a non-local phenomenon, which indeed acts on the collapse of the probability wave from a timeless, spaceless domain.

Once we're in it, at some level we always were and will continue to be. There is no escape. Suicide therefore is the height of stupidity.

It's both kind of scary, and liberating both at the same time, I feel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join