It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have an Experiment to See If the Human Mind Is Bound to the Physical World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here we go!

Scientist have to start asking these questions because of recent experiments.

Radin carried out an experiment that was published in Physics Essays What he showed was the consciousness can collapse the wave function. Again, this wasn't published in some fluke Journal.

There's no way conscious focus and intention should have any effect on the wave function if it's blindly random but it does.

We have also seen this in Psi throughout the years. We have conscious focus and intention causing a random system like a random nomber generator in a non random way. So when the system is running without human interference, you get a 50/50 distribution of 1's and 0's. When you add in human focus and intention you will get more 1's than 0's if humans concentrate on producing more 1's than 0's.

Now, Lucien Hardy, a theoretical physicist from the Perimeter Institute in Canada, is suggesting that the measurements between A and B could be controlled by something that may potentially be separate from the material world: the human mind. His idea is derived from what French philosopher and mathematician Rene Descartes called the mind-matter duality, “[where] the mind is outside of regular physics and intervenes on the physical world,” as Hardy explained.

To do this, Hardy proposed a version of the Bell test involving 100 humans, each hooked up to EEG headsets that would read their brain activity. These devices would be used to switch the settings on the measuring devices for A and B, set at 100 kilometers apart. “The radical possibility we wish to investigate is that, when humans are used to decide the settings (rather than various types of random number generators), we might then expect to see a violation of Quantum Theory in agreement with the relevant Bell inequality,” Hardy wrote in a paper published online earlier this month.

If the correlation between the measurements don’t match previous Bell tests, then there could be a violation of quantum theory that suggests A and B are being controlled by factors outside the realm of standard physics. “[If] you only saw a violation of quantum theory when you had systems that might be regarded as conscious, humans or other animals, that would certainly be exciting. I can’t imagine a more striking experimental result in physics than that,” Hardy said. “We’d want to debate as to what that meant.”

What it could mean is this: that the human mind (consciousness) isn’t made up of the same matter governed by physics. Furthermore, it could suggest that the mind is capable of overcoming physics with free will. This could potentially be the first time scientists gain a firm grasp on the problem of consciousness. “It wouldn’t settle the question, but it would certainly have a strong bearing on the issue of free will,” said Hardy.

futurism.com...

So if humans are interacting with entangled particles, they should behave randomly but if this test turns out like Radin's then we wont. Instead of say a 50/50 distribution of spin up/spin down, we might get 60/40 or more when human intention and focus are involved.

This would mean that an immaterial conscious mind is a fundamental aspect of reality and can cause random systems to behave in a non random way. This mind wanted to experience a local reality and caused the universe to behave in a non random way. We're that conscious universal mind entangled to our local bodies.

edit on 9-6-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

Looks like science is a little late to this party, but better late than never. For those who already knew, it's great confirmation. To those who poo-poo'd it, well science! Yippeeeee!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Love it.

Science is catching up with the ancients

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So this is along the lines of the mind being able to bend spoons or other so called supernatural phenomena that the human mind can do or create.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes. S and F.

I think that the more you become aware of this, imho, the greater the responsibility you may have in directing your mind in a beneficial way.

Ive seen far too many times, strange "coincidences" wherein nothing but concsious thought and feeling seem to be the cause, or at least, correlated in some way.
edit on 9-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekAnswers

Nope, this has nothing to do with bending spoons or the supernatural. I know there are Professional skeptic buzzwords but they have nothing to do with anything that has been said.

This is about the mind causing events with random outcomes like a random number generator or the measurement of subatomic particles to behave in a non random way.

Again, these are experiments published in respected Journals and being carried out by respected Scientist.

I know the Professional skeptic can't refute any of these things so they talk about spoons and supernatural while these Scientist are exploring the universe in a sound scientific way.
edit on 9-6-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Yes. S and F.

I think that the more you become aware of this, imho, the greater the responsibility you may have in directing your mind in a beneficial way.

Ive seen far too many times, strange "coincidences" wherein nothing but concsious thought and feeling seem to be the cause, or at least, correlated in some way.

Exactly!

There's a lot of things that we call "coincidence" that I think is evidence of the quantum nature of reality and the quantum mind. For instance:

I remember watching TV one day then an experience from High School with a friend I haven't seen since High School popped into my head.

I then bumped into that same friend when I went to the store.

If we have a quantum mind, then there will be times we experience the future before it even happens because a quantum mind wouldn't be bound by time as we experience it. So in this case, I saw my friend and thought about the experience in High School but that thought just happened before I actually saw my friend and we just chalk it up as a coincidence.

There's a lot of things like this and different experiences that we just chalk up to coincidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If this is true, I just hope that when I die, I don't wake up in a pod to see a scruffy guy in grubby coveralls in front of me calling me a "twonk".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am not my thoughts, I am not my body.

Mantra's I have been telling myself since I was a child and had my first out of body experience in grade school gym class.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You're still talking about metaphysical/supernatural behavior, if the mind can bend a spoon or cause random events, it is still an influence/energy other than physical bodily contact. I am in no way trying to refute this, I am saying it is related. I have seen enough and heard enough to know these realities exist.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It seems a common trait that people feel that we are human beings having a spiritual experience, and like most things in life... it seems back asswards to me.

People are spiritual beings having a human experience...
edit on 9-6-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Great example of precognition and yes, I also agree that its an example of quantum mehanics.

The topic of your thread is precisely what this represents, and it is exciting that science is beginning to explore the idea of the observer affecting occurrences, even if its as simple as being present.

Some things to consider are how the 5 senses, particularly, sight and hearing, are a big part of observation. I think it has a lot to with proximity to the observed target, both in space and time.

However, not all minds are as seemingly limited as others, by proximity barriers that is, and there are things that can facilitate proximity, both spatially and temporally.

Ive said too much...

edit on 9-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
wow,just wow
i had to pinch myself cause i thought i was dreaming!
maybe there is hope to humans after all!
i swear this cant be real life

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Here come the machines to make noise where gods might sleep. Lol

I cant wait until someone "flicks the lights".

Imagine if we make a discovery that sets into motion an event in spacetime where a singular or plural consciousness reaches beyond time and speaks?!

As in we invent a quantum "magic 8 ball" fortune teller.

We could possibly make a canvas where minds not constricted to our time and space can communicate ideas and information.

Imagine a species that benefits 100% from each members experience.

We could learn more than we ever forgot.

I love this stuff. Good on the people that make it possible. Cheers.

S&F
edit on 6 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
well its nice to see a little head way but humans are just now even learning of the possibility let along bending a spoon .. When i say just learn in our present form we only been around at most 400 k years .
and in the grand scale of this we mite as well been born 30 seconds agaio .
so dont expect people to go pulling x wings out of the swamp any time soon .
given another 400 k years or a short cut using science tomorrow .
LoL

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekAnswers

This encompasses mind over matter as well as the possible implication that the energy that is consciousness is the ultimate creator. A conclusion i came to on my own years ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Here we go!

ATS all the way baby!

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Dean Radin, I've read two of his books. He talks about the remote observation collapsing the wave function in the book Supernormal. That might be my favorite experiment ever.

The experienced mediaters did a better job than normal people in collapsing the wave function. People always say that meditaters are good at quieting their mind but I think it’s actually that they are quieting their brain activity. I believe that the brain limits or overrides the mind to make us perceive that our consciousness is just made by chemical reactions in our head and when we die, that's it. That's the current mainstream scientific and medical theory. I think the mind or consciousness is omnipresent, meaning everywhere all at once, and outside of time and space. So no matter where your body is, the mind is always connected sort of like an infinite wifi range.

Everyone has psychic ability. Some people are better than others. People who can block out all thoughts and quiet their brains like meditaters can do a better job. Think of brain activity as a bunch of computer programs, if you have too many programs running all at once and you try to open a new program, it may not load. If you think of trying to perceive something at a distance or some other psychic activity as a program that takes up large amount of gigabytes to run, the brain won’t be able to handle it if they already have too many programs running. Good psychics are able to close enough unnecessary programs in the brain to free up enough RAM to bring the psychic perception to the surface and be able to articulate what they perceived. Everyone can click the icon to open the program but depending on how much space you have open, some people get the spinning wheel and others get clear visions.

When you die, consciousness goes on. You are no longer tricked or tied down by the brain and you will be able to experience true reality. This is why people get crystal clear visions in near death experiences because there is zero brain activity and no brain interference with your consciousness when you are clinically dead on the operating table.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm no scientist. Nor will I clam to be one. As I was watching the video something dawned on me and I hope I can explain it.

Our brains create an electrical impulse that caries specific information from one part of the brain through your body. Now electricity, I'm assuming are electrons. Neurons create a partial that can travel through mass. So in theory our thoughts get scattered throughout the universe traveling in all directions at the speed of light. So with enough focus. Why not be able to manipulate the physical world around you since atoms make up the physical world.

Our brains are still young. We can only shake the atoms. Lightly blow on them to say. Some time in the future if we are still around...who knows.

Science is awesome.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It only transforms. That's our consciousness.
edit on 9-6-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Maybe this is why I'm so lucky at poker! All my friends think it's weird as #. Sometimes I feel like I am actively influencing the outcome in my favor when I get into a flow state with the game. I got a royal flush the first game I played with them!

Great post brotha ! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join