It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: UKTruth

Is there some kind of law about what you can watch on election day?

I don;t think so.. the message on screen says something about reporting restrictions.
CNN, RT, Al Jazeera.. all others are still on.

Based on their own polls they intentionally manipulated.

I think the tories are going to win.

Which frankly seems the better of the two outcomes, Theresa May might be Emperor Palpatine but at least she doesn't come with a party full of Blairite and useful idiot progressives.

Can you imagine the horror of Sturgeon wafting around as deputy PM - yuk.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yeah, though I think that polling was inaccurate then, during Brexit and now because of ghe toxicity of admitting you are voting in a certain way and that was reflected in the odds.

I actually think that may be the case today too.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Immediate priorities?

I suppose you could look at it that way. I also voted the way I did today because I want the next thirty years of my life to contain more hope than despair, which would be a refreshing change. I do not want to be terrified for the future of my son, or his generation. I would like to live in a country which is moving forward, not permitting itself to be dragged into the dark ages by corporate greed. Both for tomorrow, and all the ones that came after it, thats what I voted for. I just hope it made a difference this time.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: SprocketUK

Immediate priorities?

I suppose you could look at it that way. I also voted the way I did today because I want the next thirty years of my life to contain more hope than despair, which would be a refreshing change. I do not want to be terrified for the future of my son, or his generation. I would like to live in a country which is moving forward, not permitting itself to be dragged into the dark ages by corporate greed. Both for tomorrow, and all the ones that came after it, thats what I voted for. I just hope it made a difference this time.

No one on the ballot offered you what you are hoping for.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Can't argue with that, though you already know how I see the danger of backsliding into the EU as the greatest threat to our future.

If you vote your conscience (or withold your vote through conscience) then you can at least sleep soundly in the knowledge that you had your say, for better or worse.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You might have read different manifestos to me, UKTruth.

But all we can do now is see what happens.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I read them, but as with all manifestos, they are worthless pieces of paper that are always binned in favour of the 'vote getter' issue of the day. i remember well when Blair came to power and all the rhetoric about the working man... he ended up being more Tory than Thatcher!

link   

There are very strict broadcasting regulations in the UK on polling day. It's all covered under the 1983 Representation of the Peoples Act.

UK broadcasters are not allowed to show any campaigning materials or exit poll results from 00.30 until polls shut at 10.00.

It's actually quite nice listening to the radio without hearing about the election for a day.

link   

Manifestos are lies told to the electorate in order to win the election.

Once that is done they go right out the window and the interests of the corporations take over.

This will be true even with Corbyn, since even though he himself most certainly isn't the majority of his party are still firmly in the Pro-corporate Pro-EU camp.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4rk5t4lk3r
I'm liking the sound of the Pirate Party in my constituency!

www.pirateparty.org.uk...

Avast, ye landlubbers!!

I would have voted for them if I had the option.

I vote for them for the senate here in Australia.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Latest odds by party.
I listed the shortest price for each party and the number of seats.
conservative 351 - 378 seats 15/8
Labour 176-200 seats 9/5
SNP 46 -50 seats 11/8
Lib Dem 10 and under 5/6

so, the bookies are looking at a healthy majority for the tories which explains the 7/1 on odds.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don;t think so.. the message on screen says something about reporting restrictions.

Which frankly seems the better of the two outcomes, Theresa May might be Emperor Palpatine but at least she doesn't come with a party full of Blairite and useful idiot progressives.

Sturgeon isn't even an MP.
Dream on.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The sad truth of the matter is: there is no real choice if you don't want to compromise your views. If you are concerned about social issues, financial cuts, etc, you want to vote for the Labout Party. But it wants a soft Brexit that would leave travel for work and immigration numbers unchecked and EU still with some influence on courts. Therefore, if you want a hard Brexit and protection for the poor and underpaid, neither the Labour Party nor the Conservative Party are viable options. The minor parties have no chance of winning, and so it is just a wasted vote to vote for them.

Therefore, there is no alternative. Quite apart from the unjust system of voting that allows the government to be regularly voted into power by just about one-third of the electorate, i.e., a government that is TOTALLY unrepresentative of the wishes of the British people, I feel that I have no alternative but to abstain from voting because there is no party that both represents ALL my views and has a chance of gaining power.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, that's my duty done fir this GE.
Was gonna walk around to the local church but it was bucketing down and everyone who'd voted was hanging out in the lobby.

seemed a much weaker turnout than the ref one and no kids in sight.

nor those annoying clowns wanting to know who you voted for. That was nice at least.
edit on 32pThu, 08 Jun 2017 12:13:32 -050020172017-06-08T12:13:32-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah, free prescriptions. Free care provision for the elderly. Free education. Hardcore protection of the NHS from stealth privatization. These are just awful things Sturgeon has done for the Scots. Just, awful.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The sad truth of the matter is: there is no real choice if you don't want to compromise your views. If you are concerned about social issues, financial cuts, etc, you want to vote for the Labout Party. But it wants a soft Brexit that would leave travel for work and immigration numbers unchecked and EU still with some influence on courts. Therefore, if you want a hard Brexit and protection for the poor and underpaid, neither the Labour Party nor the Conservative Party are viable options. The minor parties have no chance of winning, and so it is just a wasted vote to vote for them.

Therefore, there is no alternative. Quite apart from the unjust system of voting that allows the government to be regularly voted into power by just about one-third of the electorate, i.e., a government that is TOTALLY unrepresentative of the wishes of the British people, I feel that I have no alternative but to abstain from voting because there is no party that both represents ALL my views and has a chance of gaining power.

If you don't vote you don't get to complain.

If you don't vote, the minority party that you might have voted for won't know they have support, thereby making it LESS LIKELY for that party to do well in the future.

If you don't vote, you are lazy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Latest odds by party.
I listed the shortest price for each party and the number of seats.
conservative 351 - 378 seats 15/8
Labour 176-200 seats 9/5
SNP 46 -50 seats 11/8
Lib Dem 10 and under 5/6

so, the bookies are looking at a healthy majority for the tories which explains the 7/1 on odds.

If that were true it would be crushing for the Labour party.

The odds for a Conservative majority are probably the best ones to look at:
www.oddschecker.com...

Conservative majority is 1/6
Lab/SNP coalition 9/1

edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

I don't agree with this.

There are many positive ways to make a political impact.

Voting is lazy, getting real takes effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join