It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Not Doing The Same

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So, in the current stoush between the UAE/Saudi & Qatar, the UAE have enacted the following;

The United Arab Emirates has banned people from publishing expressions of sympathy towards Qatar and will punish offenders with a jail term of up to 15 years, the UAE-based newspaper Gulf News and pan-Arab channel Al-Arabiya reported on Wednesday.

Sourcification

And;

"Strict and firm action will be taken against anyone who shows sympathy or any form of bias towards Qatar, or against anyone who objects to the position of the United Arab Emirates, whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form," Gulf News quoted UAE Attorney-General Hamad Saif al-Shamsi as saying.

SYMPATHY, 15 years for only showing some #ing SYMPATHY.

I've got an idea, how about we follow their lead.

How about we start locking up EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE who is on some alphabet agency radar. And by that I mean either;

A - Any Unlawful combatant(s)
B - Any Supporters of an Unlawful combatant(s)

How about we start locking up EVERYONE who preaches hate speech, a bit like this piece of # Anjem Choudary and I’m sure there are truck loads more where he came from.

If people don’t start realising soon that we are in fact at war and the enemy has already landed and dug their trenches, then one day we are going to wake up to some awfully bad realisations and at that point it will be too late.

My tolerance of the tolerant showing no intolerance to the criminally intolerant is wearing thin.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

How about we start locking up EVERYONE

As long as we can start with the left, first.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Be very careful what you wish for.

You (and I) could be on that list. All it takes is your name typed on a list.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

If people don’t start realising soon that we are in fact at war and the enemy has already landed and dug their trenches, then one day we are going to wake up to some awfully bad realisations and at that point it will be too late.

I'm afraid it's already too late.

We've convinced our youths there is no God, everyone 'out there' loves us, all people are good, be whatever sex you want to be and do whatever you want with it, and oh yeah, those muslims are our friends!

Be tolerant! Love them and never eat bacon again because they're your friends - even though they have no plan at all to integrate into OUR culture but to force their culture on you in your own home, town, city, county, state...

It's complete BS and I'm convinced some of the bleeding heart libs who don't agree - will end up only awakening in those last fluttering seconds of life after their bleeding necks have been separated from their bodies.

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If I don't express any criminal intent I can't see me landing on any extraordinary rendition lists anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Criminal intent can have nothing to do with getting on a list.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This seems like a rant...it should be in the rant section.

I've got an idea, how about we follow their lead.

No thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sounds a little like nth Korea, fun times.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

or against anyone who objects to the position of the United Arab Emirates, whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form

WITAF

Yeah I am going to need some clarification on this one. I can agree with spreading isis propaganda, but isn't this statement a little too open ended?

Read literally it is saying just objecting their stance can get you up to 15 years, am I reading this wrong, because I can tell you I wouldn't sign a contract that was that ambiguous, or is this just a bad writer?

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

No authoritarianism there.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Feel free to move the thread anywhere you like.

No thanks

I'll remind you of those two words after the next time we hear "Was known to authorities".

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sounds a little like nth Korea, fun times.

I'm not sure whether that statement is more of an indication of your lacking of knowledge of North Korea or your lack of understanding of the OP.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Because our country are not tyranical dictatorships and we value freedom.

Nothing like terrorists to bring out the cowards that will sacrifice freedom for a little security

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

How about we start locking up EVERYONE

And thats exactly why we cant lock up people for what they say or think without due process.

One minute your locking up terrorists, the next your sending political opponnents to camps

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

LOL, thanks for that.

Clearly that explains the situation that Julian Assange finds himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Nothing like terrorists to bring out the cowards that will sacrifice freedom for a little security

Says the dude from the UK. Don't they call your parents if you're caught out after dark there?

jk

What is your stance on ISIS websites? I understand the free speech slope, but what about choptheinfidelsheadsodff.com

type sites?

Can you compromise for sites promoting death and violence to others?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Funny because I think you are the confused one in this conversation.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Funny because I think you are the confused one in this conversation.

Excellent, glad we cleared that one up.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
I'll remind you of those two words after the next time we hear "Was known to authorities".

Let the authorities know and monitor, thats cool.

How about we start locking up EVERYONE who preaches hate speech

You realize that "hate speech" has now become synonomous with basically just disagreeing with someone on things like pronouns, discussing white people issues, mens issues, etc...

I find your speech hateful..should you be locked up?

1st amendment allows you to be an arse (and wisdom should prevent you from exercising it whenever possible just to be civil)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
How about we just lock people up who support enemies of the state for treason?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join