It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m crawling out of the MUD PIT!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: SBMcG

Can I be blunt?

Absolutely.

Fire away.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

When starting a new job, don't ever hang out (skilled trades) with the first mechanic that talks to you. He is the guy who can't get along with the system and it is everyone else's fault.

Are you that guy?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Threads like this puzzle me. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's as if some of you think of this place as some sort of an elite think tank, or that it used to be some sort of elite think tank. Lets do a reality check, it isn't and it wasn't.

It isn't an elite think tank. They literally let just about anyone in here. Yes, there are some really smart people here. But this place is also full of head cases, dimwits, and trolls.

It wasn't an elite think tank. I spend a fair amount of time in the archives. If you think it used to be some sort of elite think tank, you're blindly cherry picking. And, take a look at the original dates on a lot of those posts that the mods link to in their PSAs. lol . . . "We're not going to tolerate such and such any more!" "This time we mean it!" Yeah right. You've been saying some of that # for the last decade. The point being though, that some of those warnings are in the decade old range, so apparently a lot of these "problems" aren't new.

As for the MudPit being some sort of seedy section of the site that brings down the rest of it, I don't see that. There are plenty of threads outside the MudPit that are over run by morons, crazies and trolls.

But here is the thing. It's still a great site, always was a great site. It's not everything some of you want, and I get that. But don't let that it's not everything you could wish for, prevent you from taking advantage of all benefits it does have to offer. And those benefits are substantial.

I don't get pissed off when they tell me they don't have tacos at the Italian restaurant down the street. I order up a plate of lasagna and enjoy it. It's really the same thing here. Adjust your expectations folks, you're missing out if you don't.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When starting a new job, don't ever hang out (skilled trades) with the first mechanic that talks to you. He is the guy who can't get along with the system and it is everyone else's fault.

Are you that guy?

Nope.

I'm the guy who thinks big and outside the box.

Why do you care so much that I'm not posting in the Mud Pit anymore?

Nothing will change my mind about that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You thought it important enough to post a rant.

Should I not reply.

Perhaps your last post is the reason for your "problems" in the pit?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You thought it important enough to post a rant.

Should I not reply.

Perhaps your last post is the reason for your "problems" in the pit?

At this point you're not replying, you're interrogating and insinuating.

No thanks...

Have a pleasant evening.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There's nothing inherently wrong with making shills and socks work hard for their pay. Or deliciously highlight and lay bare their propaganda. The Pit is the only place with the right tools for such. In a world of meme warfare, guerilla memesters are needed!!

Everyone else is starting to calm down a little it seems.

Rome is still burning. Not much we are actually accomplishing towards that end except maybe fanning the flames. A plus for some Anarchists I guess.

All in all, the Mud Pit has helped me to not go postal on FaceCrook. And for that I am indeed grateful.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The Mud Pit brings out the worst in everyone – myself included. It does not serve the purpose for which it was intended – a noble and worthy cause, to be sure. I am a huge fan of rigorous debate. But because of the rules and reg's of the Mud Pit, any debate can end with (and many times does) accusations of “lying”, “deflecting”, or outright trolling.

You think the mud pit is bad, perhaps you haven't been to any of the recent 911 threads lately.

It's no different then the mud pit. Condescending, "opinionated," remarks are the facts on the 911 threads.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks bud.

Mine came out with Labour at 70%.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: I'm not voting for Labour...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Yeah, the free speech corner is bugged.

Now raise your head, stand tall and be the zipper if you like. Or don't, who on Ceres cares anyway? The really good threads never get authored in the Pit. There, I said it.

Have a great ride?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Stared you for the Aesop Video.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join