It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie Helicopters Circle at Night...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi,

I don't know whether to be alarmed or relieved that it's not just me. I made the original post to this thread in February, 2005 , received a few replies the next day, then the thread died out basically, and so did the helicopters I was writing about. So, I had pretty much forgotten all about both the post and the helicopters.

Then, a few days ago, we heard a helicopter so loud, and for so long that my boyfriend had to go out and see what the noise really was. It was a helicopter just hovering very low right above our parking lot to our apartment complex. He said that it looked like a police copter, but at the same time, it didn't. We do not live in a high crime area, rather, just the opposite.

Since then, we have been hearing them every night, for long periods of time, louder and closer. Right around the time the replies started back up in this thread. I don't know where all of you are writing from, one of you mentioned New Orleans, which is not so close to me, but I wonder if it is a nationwide "thing", or what? and why?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I would be pretty alarmed if I saw Blackhawks in my area. I don't mind the Apaches, but seeing those flying tanks is unsettling.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
yeah, ive seen groups of blackhawks here in new orleans. mostly on nights and weekends when im driving across lake pontchatrain, but every now and then theyre out in daytime. its really odd.

kinda shady, dontcha think?

Man.. Everyone always posts like, awesome pictures of chemtrails, UFO sightings, black helicopters, and other crap.

The most exciting thing that's happened here is....oh right, couple months ago some ELF people blew up a humer dealership. That was pretty cool I guess, the sky was really red.

Anyway, yeah, i would assume helicopters flying everynight is a little suspicious, I'm sure they're violating some noise-control laws or something.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I live in a rural community of under 4,500 and are over 50 miles from any airport, and even farther from a military facility....yet there are constant military aircraft sightings at all hrs of the day and night.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I remember a few years ago some guy had shot at his ex girlfriend and took off. He was known to be armed, carry a police scanner, and wear bullet proof vest! Well there was a mig man hunt for him and I can clearly remember seeing a blackhawk with no lights
what so ever flying around all night assisting with the manhunt I assume.

AFAIK the police do not operate blackhawks so that means it must have been military, but why is the military assisting the police with a manhunt?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Choppers are very often used at this time of the year to hunt for marijuana fields. often hidden in the middle corn fields and the like. They will work with special cameras like IR and others to find the "Weed" and destroy it.

I think that folks are over reacting here

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am just back from Imperial Beach, CA, and there are dozens of USN (and at least one Coast Guard) SH-60's circling the area from roughly 9AM to 9PM evewry weekday... of course that might have something to do with the USN helo base down the block

[edit on 8/20/05 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano

Hey I live right on the lake (northshore) and they had one circling a pretty large area a couple of days ago. This was at around 3 am it woke me out of my sleep. I went outside to check it out but I couldn't make anything out in the dark.. Just the spotlight that was shining from it. At first I thought police searching for someone, but the area was very large that they were concentrating on. It did have a odd sound to it that made me think it was military. I have seen heard other helis before but this one sounded unique.

A lot of police and fire units are switching over to the NOTAR birds. They have a very distinct sound, along with being a lot quieter, because they don't have the tail rotor anymore.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Now that it's been mentioned, I’ve been seeing a lot more over the last 6 months also...mainly the huge military type. There is an Army Reserve about 25 miles from here, I just assumed training exercises.

You have a good point there Perfect stranger.......since I live in "Drought Ridden Midwest"....all that is growing around here these days is "Just the Weeds".

[edit on 20-8-2005 by maybeangels]

fum

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ever since hurricane katrina 2 black helicopters seem to be apearing from my roof daily i live in miami as well black unmarked heavily armoured helicopters sometimes i get the feeling to coem to my window the next second i barely hear them before they coem flying over my roof

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I do infact live in an unsavory area, but I have seen black choppers doing what looked like patrol routes every now and then last year. Im not sure how low is safe, but these things were only a dozen or so yards above tree-line.

The only time they ever used search lights was about last year, and I would guess there were three or so. They all had search lights and were doing what looked like a yard by yard search for someone.

Heres the odd part. These were matte black, without the usual APD markings on them. Windows were tinted, and I somehow doubt these were 'local' choppers.

fum

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
these things are so close i could almost grab em if i jumped and if i was on the roof i dont even need to jump to grab one

[edit on 28-8-2005 by fum]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Carpenter, I know that planes are supposed to keep their altitude above 500ft in populated areas so that if something happens they have somewhat of a chance to put it down safely. I don't know if the rules are the same for helicopters, and the police/military can probably bend them all they want anyway. I would thing it's even more dangerous for a helo to fly low and have something happen since they can't exactly glide (I know they can autorotate) and would be at a greter risk than a plane for crashing into a building, power lines etc...

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Police/Fire/Medevac pretty much have the rules suspended for them, since they're considered emergency personnel. They have to be able to operate at lower altitudes during emergency responses.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Alright, that lets me be less worried. They werent much higher then telephone poles, so I can only guess that they are police\millitary craft. Still, its a bit unnerving to see one passing over at low altitudes.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hm..only helicopters I hear around here are most likely LifeFlight copters...there's a hospital nearby.

What areas are you guys seeing these helicopters in? What cities? Just curious.

fum

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
About a couple months ago I was getting some unusual helicopter traffic. Every 10 - 15 minutes one heli would do a flyby right over my house. The bird was pretty close to the ground to, I could tell because the windows were doing some rattling. I couldn't tell if the helicopter was military or police.

I've seen Apaches before, circling over my neighborhood and the outlying areas. They were painted black and appeared to be patrolling, some would just hover. I didn't understand why military patrol would be needed for a quiet residential area.

bingo same here if u read my thread i saw some black helicopters flying over my house very very low to the ground its scary i see more and more helicopters now and ive noticed a strange V shped object in the sky

lol i also though the blackhwaks were like huge tanks flying around they are very scary

[edit on 10-9-2005 by fum]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
this is weird...i little while back i posted somthing about this on a thread......i live basically right next to philly and im used to the air traffic over my hosue as i am basically in a major flight path to the philly international airport.

however over the past few months its been odd as to how many police/army helicopters have been flying overhead. ive seen many of the twin rotar army copters as well. it hasnt ever been like this since the 22 years i have lived here.

also i have never seen the amont of traffic from the cesna style planes as i have recently.

just somothing odd i have noticed recently. kinda strange everyone else who lives near major city's are experiencing the same thing. or maybe everyone is just paranoid since the city's were released for this "american hiroshima" "ramandan offensive" whatever its called.

i personally dont think there is anything of it and i highly highly doubt there will be this so called nuke attack. there is just somthin really scary that sits in the back of my mind that this whole thing has more truth to it then i wana believe.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
Choppers are very often used at this time of the year to hunt for marijuana fields. often hidden in the middle corn fields and the like. They will work with special cameras like IR and others to find the "Weed" and destroy it.

I think that folks are over reacting here

Yes, that may be true. However, I first brought up the subject in February 2005 because that was when they were really becoming obvious, and were starting to make me start wondering just what were they really doing. It was still winter then. Also, the thread pretty much became inactive by the end of the next day.

It suddenly showed a flurry of renewed interest around the end of May, 2005, which I would think might be more like the time of year you are referring to. You made your post in August of 2005, which (although I don't really keep up with those things myself - mostly because I don't care personally, and I try to stay out of the private business of others) I would assume could easily fall within the same "time of year" that you are referring to.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
I noticed unusual helicopter activity yesterday (or maybe the day before). I sa a low flying chinook circling overhead and landing pretty close by.

It's the first time I've ever seen one of those. Hmm....

Man I live in Pflugerville Texas, its a little north of Austin and south of Ft Hood, but the other day at Marching Band We saw what looked like a couple of Apaches. Usually I see Chinooks, I love those. On another Note I usually see helicopters at night or early moring in twos threes and sometimes after ive seen strange lights in the sky

<< 1    3  4 >>

join