It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie Helicopters Circle at Night...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
oh shoot forgot to tell why i posted that pic,its the one i've been one just hover facing to the mountain in front of our house,it is so loud,i ran out to go see it and try to take a picture of it with a camera but it went by too fast,two of these

flew by at about 10:14pm arizona time,it was so intensely loud,my mother saw it too

" ...it was just hovering there and it was louder then those police helicopter's,it looks like the same exact one on that army flyer you got.."

hmm makes me wonder..why?
why have these helicopters Military***
been flying past or near here lately,eversince January of 2006?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
chinabean,

That's some picture that you took - that last one. Wish I knew more about helicopters, but I don't and guess that that's why I started this thread last year, because I was getting freaked out by them constantly hovering.

I used to live right near a hospital, so I had gotten used to the medical/rescue ones going by. I do know what those look like, they are not the ones I was first inquiring about. I also from time to time see police copters. They are pretty easy for me to spot (I think) because they are usually white, but that's sort of irrelevant because what makes them so noticeable to me is those flashing red and blue lights. Also, if they get low enough, they say in black letters something like OKC POLICE - very obvious.

But, I have never seen one that looks anything like that picture. Of course, I don't go out and look every time I hear one, which is about every night.

The ones I was writing about originally, and the same ones that I still hear, are not police, news or medical. However, they do seem to be either an off-white or silverish color. They don't look particarly "Military", like in the piicture above, however, I'm not much familiar with what all the military has in their arsenal as far as helicopters or anything else.

The thing that still gets me, is how they will come and circle, usually very low for about maybe about 6 - 10 times right above where I live, then they will make a change in the sound of the motor, which by having looked in the past, I associate with "hovering". They will stay right there for anywhere from about 10 minutes to about 45 minutes. If I go outside, while they are hovering, often, they will suddenly point their nose down, as if trying to spotlight me. However, I'm sure that I would be paranoid to think that they are. I'm sure it's just part of what they do - some exercise, maybe? Besides, others in the complex say the same thing.

Strange, huh?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
chinabean,

That's some picture that you took - that last one. Wish I knew more about helicopters, but I don't and guess that that's why I started this thread last year, because I was getting freaked out by them constantly hovering.

I used to live right near a hospital, so I had gotten used to the medical/rescue ones going by. I do know what those look like, they are not the ones I was first inquiring about. I also from time to time see police copters. They are pretty easy for me to spot (I think) because they are usually white, but that's sort of irrelevant because what makes them so noticeable to me is those flashing red and blue lights. Also, if they get low enough, they say in black letters something like OKC POLICE - very obvious.

But, I have never seen one that looks anything like that picture. Of course, I don't go out and look every time I hear one, which is about every night.

The ones I was writing about originally, and the same ones that I still hear, are not police, news or medical. However, they do seem to be either an off-white or silverish color. They don't look particarly "Military", like in the piicture above, however, I'm not much familiar with what all the military has in their arsenal as far as helicopters or anything else.

The thing that still gets me, is how they will come and circle, usually very low for about maybe about 6 - 10 times right above where I live, then they will make a change in the sound of the motor, which by having looked in the past, I associate with "hovering". They will stay right there for anywhere from about 10 minutes to about 45 minutes. If I go outside, while they are hovering, often, they will suddenly point their nose down, as if trying to spotlight me. However, I'm sure that I would be paranoid to think that they are. I'm sure it's just part of what they do - some exercise, maybe? Besides, others in the complex say the same thing.

Strange, huh?

yeah man,it's pretty easy to distinquish the police helicopters with the white belly and the flashing red and blue lights.

they just do point their nose down,like when i ran out last night it was going forward but the nose pointing down,but i think that's normal for a helicopter to go forward pointing their nose down.
my dad said he thinks their just probably doing an excercise,since where i live is mostly farmlands and mountains but it all started early january..but what kind of excercise is hovering over civillian houses?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh geez,

There is a military base out there in AZ. Ft. Huachuca. They could be doing anything. Stop trying to make a conspiracy out of every little thing. Its not the NWO. Its not Delta Force. Its nothing!

Punkmonkey

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey, you know, when I first started this thread over a year ago, it was due to an entirely different type of helicoper that had been very persistently circling above my apartment complex (the exact same one that I still live in). I never did figure out exactly what type of helicopter they were, or why they came and left, intermittantly.

But now, and probably as of the last couple of months at least, there has been a distinctly differeny kind of helicopter that is much more persistant and it is very easy to discern what type these are. They are Police helicopters. The word Police is plainly written in black on the contrasting white of the copter it'self. The red and blue flashing lights, etc... and they come out in pairs, it appears every single night now. they come up at dark, and stay up hovering usually very close to the ground, and continually circling and circling. It has become very annoying, as they are fairly loud, and the constant noise makes it difficult to sleep.

Also, and I don't think that I'm being paranoid and thinking that it is me in particular, especially since all the neighbors say the same. Everytime someone in the area, myself included goes outside after dark, one of the helicopters will suddenly seem to come to a stop while still hovering and point their nose with the bright white light down, right on the person - spotlighting them. It's not a particular search for a suspect in some incident that just happened, they have been doing it nightly for over 2 months.

I have lived here for over two years now, and have considered the neighborhood to be safe at the least. Not the most elaborate or expensive of neightborhoods, and there is little police activity on the ground compared to many other parts of town.

Also, lately, there have been reports on the news that with the rising cost of gas, many troopers (I think they just said troopers - maybe all law enforcement, I'm not sure) are going to have to be taking a few unwanted and unpaid days off than thery want to. Not that I am opposed to that, but that is not the point.

I don't know exactly how much it costs in fuel to keep 2 (or more) helicopters in the air 7 nights a week, doing who knows what? But it must be considerably more than what it costs in gasoline to keep the ones getting a few days off in gas in their cars.

Something doesn't make sense about the whole thing. I have tried quite a few searches in Google in an attempt to find out what is going on, but come up with nothing.

Anyone have any idea what is with all the air surveillance (I guess it must be some kind of surveillance) that has been going on? Is it just in OKC? Or other cities as well?

Thanks for any input anyone may have.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi,
I just found this site while searching online as to why helicopters circle my apartments every night. I have helicopters every night for the past year circle above my complex in the middle of the night. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, actually quite the oppisite. Last week the helicopters were so low and circle right abouve my unit for two hours...I couldn't sleep! By the way im in Texas.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Every MORNING AT 3AM!!!! A HELICOPTER FLIES AND CIRCLES MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND It's freaking annoying and verry scary some times they say stuff you can't understand the don't have lights just the light on the tail

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberKat

Text

Ive seen in the past week a lot of unmarked black choppers and jets fly over head i live in Northeast Ohio never have i seen or heard jets until this yea. i know there jets cause my dad lives in VA beach and there are so many bases its not funny hah but i'm just saying its very weird especially when not one helicopter came out during the daytime this week. makes ya think

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoso440

I don't live anywhere --near-- a military -base- here in the MidWest by Iowa. Last night, sometime after 1030pm, I was looking out my bedroom window, where I reside several stories up. This helicopter is coming right at my window, it appears, with the bright light and loud engine-&-blades. It closelely passes over the building. Shortly after that, I heard an unmistakeable AF jet, because I was in the AF for 8 yrs. I'm like, WTH is going on?!!!
edit on 30-7-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberKat

I think they are just normal police helicopters and as you said i think they are also training .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My husband and I saw 2 black military helicopters flying extremely low & slow from SE to NW over Ponca City at about 9:45 this morning. Totally not somthing we're used to seeing. Creeped me out.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown
My husband and I saw 2 black military helicopters flying extremely low & slow from SE to NW over Ponca City at about 9:45 this morning. Totally not somthing we're used to seeing. Creeped me out.

How do you know they were military helicopters? Over the past five or ten years, more and more local police and sheriff's departments have been adding helicopters to their inventory, and they often paint them black.

As far as I know, there are only five or six helicopters which are uniquely military in the US: The Boeing AH-64D Apache, of which the only US customer is the US Army and the various ANGs; the Boeing CH-46, which is used exclusively by the US Navy and the Marine Corps; the Boeing CH-47. used almost exclusively by the US Army; The AH-1 -W, -Y, and -Z models flown by the US Marines or various ANG units; and the Sikorsky UH-50 and variants, flown by all branches of the Armed forces. I believe every other helicopter you'd commonly see is either a civilian aircraft or has a civilian version.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join