It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel Donald Trump state visit, says Sadiq Khan, after London attack tweets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Khan knows Trump has his ticket.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He is entitled to freedom of speech. He is brash and doesn't do PC. But of course, everyone already KNOWS this.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It sure would be nice if leaders quit tweeting like 14yo girls.

That said, Britain has been invaded and the British dont even realize it yet. So much so, that they elected one of the front line of the invasion to mayor of London. Talk about a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It amazes me how petty world leaders are. You would think they'd shrug off what annoys them and get down to the proper business of governing but, instead, they take childish jabs at each other, wasting valuable time better spent improving the lives of their constituents.

I'm having a difficult time finding government officials around the globe whom I respect. I really hate to say this as an American, but I have a lot of respect for Putin. It disturbs me that I would ever say such a thing, but there it is.

You cannot deny that he behaves like a mature diplomat.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So Khan says cancel Trump's visit because it goes against what "we" stand for? Really depends who he means by we.

A visit from a democratically elected leader from a western country and close ally should be cancelled because Khan disagrees with some of his comments or policies, is this what he stands for? Of course hate preaching Islamists seem to get a free pass.
Now I think I see what he stands for.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: rickymouse

He is entitled to freedom of speech. He is brash and doesn't do PC. But of course, everyone already KNOWS this.

When I listened to the original mayor speech, I can see that it could have been taken differently than the Mayor intended it to be taken, even the mayor clarified what he meant. So he knew he could have said it better.

But then you get two head strong rams butting heads with the help of a bunch of sheep cheering them on and riling things up and this is what we see. We need to stop the instigators. Trump needs to not tweet unless it is checked over by someone who can try to translate things better and moderate his tweets.

(post by crazyewok removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Many years ago saw an old war movie and they used this phrase several times: "The British are second to none"
the generation of Winston Churchill that stood up alone to Hitler is no more.....

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

the generation of Winston Churchill that stood up alone to Hitler is no more.....

ain't that the sad truth

(post by Painterz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

If we must be silent in times of grief, and we do nothing, we will then be in a constant state of grieving because the attacks will keep happening. Therefor we will be silent after every attack, and then ultimately be silenced forever.

Good plan...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

A MAYOR asking a PRESIDENT not to come to the UK for a visit?

He and Pelosi must drink from the same well.

They must discuss some very deep subjects.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Part and parcel.... Twitter comments from the President is just part and parcel. He should get used to it like brits are supposed to with terrorist.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump is such an utter disgrace to the species, that he should never have been offered a state visit in the first place, and having made a total arse of himself, in the wake of a terror attack no less, the one which was planned ought to be cancelled.

So your whole argument, per usual, is you just don't like the guy. It's all emotion, all insults.

At some point are you going to do us all a favor and actually make an argument based on something even half factual?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

How did he insult anyone? By calling a spade a spade? Are you waiting for the UK 9/11 because I cannot believe how many in the US have forgotten. Makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Trump's visit is not wanted by Queen but for obvious reasons that Freemason , Rothschild man Sadiq Khan is voicing the opinion.

Trump is on the offence to replace the British interests in the Middle East with an American influence and to that end he is promising to Queen that he would " act with honour " once an Arap Nato is established .

The Sword dance wasn't symbolic ; it had a meaning .

Trump actually wants Labour Party in power because under Labour there is no way Britain will be acting to protect it's interest in the Gulf of Arabia .

Instead the interest of Britain will be left at the hands of Trump and Pentagon .

UK Military is not buying it .
edit on 6-6-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Khan & others sometimes confuse me. It's all very well exhorting us all to Keep Calm and Carry On, as if nothing has happened.

But you know what ? I'm genuinely horrified to see armed Police everywhere. I'm nauseated to see the Army protecting public buildings and I'm utterly disgusted that British citizens have so had their brains convulsed by twisted religious ideology that they think it's OK to slit another man's throat on their own journey to God's judgment.

That being said. Had the British Prime Minister criticised Mayor Bloomberg for inadequacy a few days after the September 11th attacks, I'm sure US contributors here would be up in arms too, no matter their political allegiance.

Trump is alienating friendly nations at an astonishingly fast pace. I can't see how his state visit to the UK can proceed, not now.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Rudy Giuliani
edit on 6-6-2017 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Actually, Guilani was the mayor and not BLOOMberg...I mean Bloomberg. The US did not say everything will be ok. They did not say we will be safe. What they said is this...

Trump is saying what others will not that there is a problem and it needs to be dealt with and it needs to be dealt with now. Khan is a pussy saying he does not want Trump on UK soil because he knows he is wrong or asked for help. The US did after 9/11 and we got it. A real leader would have said lets sit down and figure this out but no, instead, Khan tells the people of London they are the safest city on the planet. That is not to ask for calm it is cowardly.

edit on 06pm30pmf0000002017-06-06T16:34:18-05:000418 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Political correctness has supplanted maturity and common sense.

Putin is right. The West has lost its senses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join