It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel Donald Trump state visit, says Sadiq Khan, after London attack tweets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No American will think it wrong of me if I proclaim that to have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy.

Winston Churchill

What a difference a few decades makes.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Savage.

Piers Morgan on Twitter: Before we scrap @realDonaldTrump's visit, @SadiqKhan - how about we scrap passports for all jihadists streaming back into UK from Syria?

What do you expect from a government that houses one of it's most notorious radical extremists right next door to a children's Primary school? You can't even make this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Would you be saying the same if he were congratulating the handing out of 1 million free bibles ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

One bomber, and a distributed attack involving vehicular and bladed assault.

Really, it would be so utterly refreshing if any one of the people on this site, who routinely post on these matters from the fundamentally flawed perspective of a right winger, could actually, just occasionally, get their facts absolutely straight before posting a comment.

Its not necessary of course, because luckily, those of us who have not been completely divorced from our higher functions are still keeping an eye on what IS happening. However, if the right wing could just raise their game and get involved with facts, not soundbytes and glaring inaccuracies, actually start putting their weight behind the truth, rather than their desire to wave their phalli in the faces of those they are intellectually inferior to, that would be great.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Konduit

One bomber, and a distributed attack involving vehicular and bladed assault.

Really, it would be so utterly refreshing if any one of the people on this site, who routinely post on these matters from the fundamentally flawed perspective of a right winger, could actually, just occasionally, get their facts absolutely straight before posting a comment.

Its not necessary of course, because luckily, those of us who have not been completely divorced from our higher functions are still keeping an eye on what IS happening. However, if the right wing could just raise their game and get involved with facts, not soundbytes and glaring inaccuracies, actually start putting their weight behind the truth, rather than their desire to wave their phalli in the faces of those they are intellectually inferior to, that would be great.

Facts? Like 1400 young girls raped in Rotherham?

You know, that your political leaders let happen out of fear of being called racist.

But you are right, the allowing of the rapes of those 1400 by leaders in your country is nothing compared to Trumps mean tweets.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wish the US would pull all support from the countries that have become politically hostile to the administrations policies on terror and immigration. The world stage is changing, some old allies are no longer allies, and some old enemies are no longer enemies.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Trumps tweets are hilarious, he's a breath of fresh air.
Trump will still get his visit though, Khan is a Labour party mayor, the Conservatives are going to win the election this week and Theresa May knows which side her bread is buttered on regarding the POTUS.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Trump and Khan have been occupied with some Twitter jabbing lately.

No, Team Trumpster Fire has been attacking Khan on Twitter. First, the Donald the Dishonest completely misrepresented a statement from Khan cautioning people not to be alarmed by the increased police presence. Trump was rightly criticized for his absurd tweet and so he doubled down on dumb and accused Khan of coming up with an "excuse" when it was entirely obvious what Khan meant in the first place.

But that's Trump, the more wrong he is, the more he doubles down. Can you blame him when his die hard supporters instantly excuse his irrational, douchey behavior?

As if that wasn't enough, his flunky Scavino, who directs Trump's Twitter trolls jumped to Dear Leader's aid.

And finally, Qusay Trump (or is he Uday?) had to weigh in to defend his father's embarassing, unhinged, Twitter habits.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What no one likes to admit about that scenario, is that the issue was caused rather less by the political unwillingness on the part of the government to prosecute those crimes, but rather more on the part of the police forces themselves being unwilling to involve themselves in the media backlash that any such thing might have caused. Also, while there were no arrests or records of complaints (and its worth pointing out there that many complaints though made, were not filed, or filed incorrectly, leaving the police forces score sheet looking better than it bloody well ought to have), the forces involved could say that they had been performing well, rather than failing the communities they were meant to be policing.

It is also worth mentioning that they were not, and are not being funded correctly, that STILL too little attention is paid to human intelligence by police forces as a matter of doctrine, and still too much is being spent on illegal programs involving the intelligence services, rather than frontline officer numbers. Hell, there are G4S staff running the front desk at our local nick, and they should not be there.

However, Grambler, if you could stay on topic, that would be bloody marvelous. Again, this reductionist explanation you offer for what happened is flawed and one dimensional. You cannot solve complex problems with simple solutions. Solutions to problems are as complex as the problem posed. They may be elegant in outworking, they may appear or seem simple once composed, but they are not. Good solutions to complicated issues, come about as a result of a great deal of intensive research, development of ideas, and careful and exacting execution of those ideas.

There are specific problems in our society, no one is denying that. But it is simply not acceptable in this day and age, to broad brush solutions to problems which require fine and detailed planning and execution, and yet to hear some of the people around here talk, you would think that simply machine gunning or deporting everyone who "looks like a terrorist" is a good idea. Its nonsense, it cannot work.

The issue of terrorism needs to be dealt with from the funding downward, not from the bottom up. Until Britain's government and intelligence services are bought to heel and forced to stop funding and equipping the enemies of the state for their own reasons, nothing will change for the better at ground level, and we must NOT permit our governments to fool us into thinking otherwise. The jingoistic, nationalist bull that states otherwise, makes this problem worse and more deeply entrenched, not better.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I can understand why no world leaders want to meet with this idiotic lunatic, especially after his dumb twitter episodes that took a comment out of context and ridiculed someone.

This is so embarrassing, drumpf reflects America and makes us all look drumpf.

How did this idiot become our president?

its so embarrassing to be an American these days

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well stated

I don't like Khan though, can't put my finger on it but he seems insincere to me.
Not that he affects my life, I don't live in the cesspit AKA London.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

First you are right the police were not doing their jobs. But neither were the politicians, some of which admitted that they knew of the problem but wouldn't demand action out of fear of being called racist.

By the way, the problem is still happening. Grooming trials occur all of the time. But your countries leaders are to busy worrying about Islamaphobia or Trumps tweets to shine light on that problem.

You tell me to stay on topic. You are the one discussing how Trump isn't human and how the UK is better than the US. How childish is that? I was merely responding.

You say the solutions are complex. The problem is you then make strawmen by saying rounding up all people that look like terrorists or machine gunning them would be bad. Yep, I see a lot of real politicians advocating that.

See you acknowledge the problem is complex, but then call anyone who wants to deal with it names, like you have Trump. Did he recommend killing everyone that looks like a terrorist? Nope, but thats how you characterize him. So the only one here dealing with the problem too simplistically is you, who feels that anyone that is more hard lined than you deem acceptable is a terrible person.

Again, its telling that you criticize the US as not having a heart and soul or brain for electing Trump, yet you make excuses for the leaders you elected that turned a blind eye to the rape of 1400 girls.

But we get it. Your virtue signaling is more important than those 1400. Trumps mean tweets is worse than them getting raped. Careful not to fall off of that high horse.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The same Sadiq Khan that defended a 9/11 terrorist?

Yeah.

Get bent Sadiq.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Did he defend a 911 terrorist?
What as a defence lawyer or just general defence in his comments?
I have no problem with defence lawyers working for the vilest criminals, justice must be done properly no matter how repugnant it may seem at times.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekTheAwful

Did he defend a 911 terrorist?
What as a defence lawyer or just general defence in his comments?
I have no problem with defence lawyers working for the vilest criminals, justice must be done properly no matter how repugnant it may seem at times.

Trigger warning: Breibart article

www.breitbart.com... ti-semites/

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Ah Britain, truly the home of tolerance and free speech!

That's what happens when you have one of the enemy as mayor of London.
The Conservatives went full retard by pushing people like this for high positions,all as part of theirs and every other mainstream politicians cultural Marxism project.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The government should be handing out NO religious texts.

Nice attempt at deflection

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Cheers for the link, if all that is true my initial thoughts about his insincerity seem to be confirmed.
I've never liked him, but Londoners only have themselves to blame for their choice of mayor.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Rotherham is just the tip.I read an article which for some strange reason hasn't been mentioned on the likes of the BBC,it was being g called the second Rotherham.
Over 170 charges against 100 kids,all white as usual.
I can't remember where it was but think it was either Blackburn or Bolton.
I have a simple solution-send every single Muslim,man woman or child to a middle eastern country as refugees.
If every one is honest,would we miss them?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Which Muslims do you wish to deport? Sunni, Shia, Wahhabi's, all of them?
That's 5% of the UK population you wanna kick out when probably the overwhelming majority are just decent average folk.
Kaled who owns my local corner shop is a kind and caring bloke, all his family the same, I wouldn't support kicking him out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join