It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shot Dead After Allegedly Seen Trying To Drown Babies In Tub

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

An Oklahoma man was shot dead by a neighbor while allegedly trying to drown his 3-month-old twins in a bathtub on Friday, authorities said.

A 12-year-old girl, who was able to escape the home in Ada, alerted the neighbor to the horrific scene inside, prompting him to enter with a handgun, News 9 reported.

The neighbor told police he saw 27-year-old Leland Foster holding the babies under water while threatening their mother with a knife. The neighbor, identified as Cash Freeman, responded by shooting Foster twice in his back, killing him.

The infants were taken to a hospital and released on Saturday, KXII reported.

www.yahoo.com...

More at link. Good job on the neighbor and the 12 year old. Perfectly good shoot in my opinion. I seriously doubt those kids would be alive had it not been for this man. The Police most likely would have not made it in time, or their mere presence of showing up may have prompted the man to use the knife on them. Give the guy a medal.
edit on 5-6-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

It is a good shoot... Hopefully he will be able to come to terms with taking a life though. Sometimes thats the part that causes the most problems.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I would have shot him a couple of times in the legs so that he got a chance to check out the hospitality of prison and what the inmates would do to him for the rest of his days whilst he tries to struggle and flee in his wheelchair...

Scum... You don't touch innocents...

I hope those kids are ok and no lasting damage was caused....

Lags

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

"Good shoot" is a little over the top. I imagine the neighbor will be charged for murder or manslaughter. Regardless of the circumstance, I'm not sure you can just shoot and kill someone without consequence.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I agree. I would have preferred the guy spent the rest of his life in prison suffering. Being killed is the easy way out.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

"Good shoot" is a little over the top. I imagine the neighbor will be charged for murder or manslaughter. Regardless of the circumstance, I'm not sure you can just shoot and kill someone without consequence.

It is a good shoot. Civilians can use deadly force to defend themselves or 3rd parties in Oklahoma. The police investigation reports will go to the prosecuting attorney for review. The guy had a knife, threatening his girlfriend and was actively trying to drown 2 babies.

It will be ruled a justified homicide.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If I was on the Jury.

Not Guilty.

Clean shoot, need more people like this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In the U.S. shootings like these are almost always justified, as they should be.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Read about this earlier. He had a prior convictions for strangulation.

I can't imagine what that 12 year old went through for the last 12 years...

Good riddance to that POS.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
...How do you "try" to drown a three month old?
Just leave it in the bath tub unsupervised and it'll drown...

I feel like I'm missing the dead guys part of the story, there.

Still though, if true, I'd rather not pay to keep him in jail for life. Or better, for 20 years because some people get off light for reasons I don't understand.
I never understood life sentences. Yeah- woo, punish them for life. Sadistic waste of resources.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Surely, that's Justifiable Homicide in anyone's book.

That man is a hero.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I imagine the neighbor will be charged for murder or manslaughter.

No. Oklahoma has a justifiable homicide statute and if the person in question satisfies the local District Attorney's questions on the shooting he will not be charged with anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You should not own a gun. The man had a knife in his hand, a baby in his other and most likely kneelingsittng on the floor. What would stop him from stabbing the baby after you shot him in the leg?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
assuming the circumstances are as described, I hope commonsense prevails and the shooter is not charged with any crime.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You never, ever, EVER shoot to wound. If you have a justifiable reason to pull that trigger, you shoot for center mass and stop the threat as quickly as possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Note that there is the word "allegedly".

If it is found that he was not trying to drown babies is it justified that he was shot, and killed?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Note that there is the word "allegedly".

If it is found that he was not trying to drown babies is it justified that he was shot, and killed?

"while threatening the mother with a knife"
yep.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

You never, ever, EVER shoot to wound. If you have a justifiable reason to pull that trigger, you shoot for center mass and stop the threat as quickly as possible.

I understand what you mean...

Imagine if the babies were at abdomen or chest height and the bullet(s) went through him (either directly or by internal ricochet) and hit one or both of the kids?

Could of happened in the story highlighted too but luckily didn't.

To the other poster with the snarky comment saying that I should not own a gun : My fault for also not stating that I would of course assess the situation carefully before taking the appropriate action.

I own several firearms (non American by the way) and have a long military background and consider myself fairly level headed as to justify my actions if faced with this type of situation.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 5-6-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People like this are a lifelong problem for their "loved ones".

If the facts are correct, he's better off dead then having been "shot to wound" and face "justice".

He would have gotten out of jail, and haunted this women and her children for the rest of their life. Which most likely would have come at a time and place of HIS choosing.

The world doesn't need people like this. Let's face it, it's just one down and thousands more to go if we ever hope to make anything out of the human race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join