It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Multiple Shooting Fatalities Orlando

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Any wonder a bit of a double standard. We know how PC the whole terrorism situation needs to be.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Bone75
Authorities still haven't released the guys name.... translation.... he wasn't white.

Actually...Wouldn't the initially report that the shooter was a "White Male, age 45" ...if he was?
That seems to be the norm now in reporting.

I am guessing the shooter was white.

Most times a shooter kills himself he is white. I could be wrong but thats my guess.

Okay. Makes sense.
I'm calling it now: 'Crazy Racist, Christian, Angry, White, Male who supported Trump'.
edit on 5-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Given an ex employee who was fired, it's tends to point to pay back in the work place, not terror.

Oh I agree.

But when we have attacks with people yelling Islamic terror phrases, the media and authorities tell us we have to wait, sometimes for days before they will call it terrorism. It just seems like a double standard.

It's probably much easier for the authorities and the press to confirm information in cases like these. The persons committing the act are known by those involved.

You do not have that in terror attacks. The victims do not know the killers.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Are you saying that there's been five people shot dead and there's no police officers doing any detective work? Do you think that because they aren't releasing details yet that they haven't found the evidence needed to say whether it was terrorism or work place?

Perhaps you are not understanding what I am saying.

Here is an example of two incidents.

#1 San Bernadino. We have two murders yelling Islamic phrases killing people. We are told for days by law enforcement and the media that we can't call it terror until all the facts are seen, and caution us as to how rushing to judgement about the motivations for the attack could be harmful.

This happens at almost every terror attack.

#2 Incident today.

We are told within hours by law enforecment and the media that the motive is work place violence. No mention of how rushing to judgement could be bad.

Do I think detectives are doing "detective work" at both incidents. Absolutely.

But why must we hesitate to "rush to judgement" in scenario 1, but its ok to do it in scenarion 2.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: roadgravel
Given an ex employee who was fired, it's tends to point to pay back in the work place, not terror.

Oh I agree.

But when we have attacks with people yelling Islamic terror phrases, the media and authorities tell us we have to wait, sometimes for days before they will call it terrorism. It just seems like a double standard.

It's probably much easier for the authorities and the press to confirm information in cases like these. The persons committing the act are known by those involved.

Probably some truth to this.

But this isn't always the case. The San Bernadino victims knew them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Come on we all know the answer to that Grambler, we have to be careful offending Islam.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm pretty sure the San Bernardino Islamic terrorist killer knew/worked with some of his victims. He posed for pics with co-workers before killing them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

San Bernadino is a horrible example... well, actually it's a great example for your agenda. Those two shot up their own companies holiday party so initially it was hard to tell whether it was workplace or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

I'm pretty sure the San Bernardino Islamic terrorist killer knew/worked with some of his victims. He posed for pics with co-workers before killing them.

Oh no, he absolutely did. They threw a baby shower for his wife. Remember?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

San Bernadino was a little bit fuzzy at first, wasn't it? The man was an employee, and I thought he did get in an argument with someone during the meeting/party or whatever it was. There have been instances when rumors got out about someone shouting Islamic phrases when no such thing actually happened.

I know in the recent England attacks, it was announced very early that it was terrorist-related.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Come on we all know the answer to that Grambler, we have to be careful offending Islam.

That's such a ridiculous narrative.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

San Bernadino is a horrible example... well, actually it's a great example for your agenda. Those two shot up their own companies holiday party so initially it was hard to tell whether it was workplace or not.

Its every terror attack we are told we can't rush to judgement.

And you know what, I usually am ok with that.

I am just pointing out how this incident is different, and there is no concern with rushing to judgement.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

I do not doubt that and my statement should not be taken as being correct in all cases. I was just providing one possible explanation as to why info in cases such as these may become known much faster than in terrorist attacks.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

That's such a ridiculous narrative.

You're right, reality can get ridiculous sometimes.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I am just pointing out how this incident is different, and there is no concern with rushing to judgement.

It's not every terror attack. Do you never get tired of [snip]?

Mod Note: This is not the Mud Pit - **ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

edit on 6/5/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's not every terror attack. Do you never get tired of [snip]?

Wow how mature of you!

You can pretend there is not something to what I am saying if you want, but most reasonable people can see that almost (there is that better for you) everytime there is an attack that seems like it is an obvious terror attack, we are warned before rusgh=hing to judgement, and that is not the case with this incident.
edit on 6/5/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

(post by Kali74 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Maybe they have mobile access to the Interactive New World Terror Map. I think it keeps a running tally of what is going on around the world.

New World Map

I remember a time when these things fell under the heading of "Employee Goes Postal".

The Postal Office hated that label, but that didn't stop the media or anyone else, from using it any way. It seems it is okay to paint anything and everyone else with the same brush, but only one does appear to stand out with a different set of rules.

Don't get me wrong. I am not upset that one group is help exempt. I am upset that all groups are not held exempt.

edit on 5-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed formatting.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join