It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave of UFO sightings in mid-1940's coincided exactly with development of the first nuclear bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Usually I think the comments on the Ancient Aliens TV show are pretty stupid, but they bring up a good and glaringly obvious point - the wave of UFO sightings and incidents of the 'First Kind', coincide exactly with the development of the nuclear bomb. The first nuclear bomb was tested supposedly on July 16,1945 in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

I think this gives us a lot insight into the intentions of our alien visitors -

The insight is that they are concerned about what these nuclear bombs can potentially do. So they are concerned, they are not here on an offensive mission or one of acquisition. For all we know, they are not alien at all and may have been living side by side with us either at bases on the moon or in deep waters.

More evidence to support this point is that they (during that era, and even later) have been found frequenting military bases, and in some cases have disarmed nuclear warheads perhaps to make a point of their intentions.

Maybe it is the case that a nuclear bomb marks a point in the development of a planetary civilization where they are then allowed to interact with the civilization. Maybe before that they are not allowed to interfere, which is the same as the protocol of Star Fleet/The United Federation of Planets in the TV series/movie Star Trek. The Prime Directive "prohibits Starfleet personnel from interfering with the internal development of alien civilizations. This conceptual law applies particularly to civilizations which are below a certain threshold of technological, scientific and cultural development". - Prime Directive

This does not explain their disappearance or reduced activity in recent decades. They have been found frequenting volcanoes in Mexico, a decade or more ago but not too much other than that.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Bombs = heat, and create pressure on the tectonic plates
Volcanoes = heat, and relates to pressure on the tectonic plates

In 1945, Italy, ally of Nazi Germany, gets blasted by a major volcano eruption.

I see a pattern here.

Just saying.

edit on 3-6-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Good points, but don't forget that there is speculative evidence that extraterrestrials visited earth in ancient times too. If this is true, then I guess they felt there was no immediate threat intermingling with people of ancient civilizations. Maybe they realize that there could be negative consequences if they made contact in today's culture.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I guess it is OK to be late to the UFO picnic. As we can project from there, after that initial, if not frenzied rush of visits, the tactics turned to abductions. Along with that would have been direct communications with countries with nukes to never think about pushing that button again. We now have over half a century of no world war. And, of course, whole new ideas about how humanity should be conducting it activities.

As for Star Trek, I've about finished watching on Netflix the five-year run ofStar Trek Generations. It is amazing how that program, episode after episode, beats into your conscious the "Prime Directive" by reminding us how Earth was back in the old days (these days). They have incorporated about every PC rule in the book. I've not sampled any of the other spin offs, but I would expect the same fare.

Rather blatant Food for the masses, I assume, a clever tool. I have visions of behind-the-scenes government help getting those series produced.
edit on 3-6-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree totally with the OP, It’s very likely they are showing because of nuclear technology.

Its no coincidence there has been a virtual invasion of the air space by UFOS since on or around the access of human to nuclear technology. Indeed, THE MANNHATTAN PROJECT, the US building of the atomic bomb, FROM 1942 TO 1945 is about the same time the UFOS have started to flood the sky’s…Coincidence. I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Just to play devils advocate (it wouldn't surprise me in the least that we may have been visited).

But this is also the time period we started experimenting with jet engines. Which may have been as foreign to the mind as UFO'S.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Regarding UFOs and the 1940s, (foo fighters or their analogs) were seen as early as 1941. The first detonation of a nuclear weapon didn't take place until July 16, 1945 (code name Trinity). Granted, a lot of research took place during the preceding years, but UFOs have been described in literature for millennia. It seems to me the connection here is rather tenuous.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Or could it be that the Manhattan Project was about much, much more than rudimentary nuclear weaponry?

I've never believed that "aliens from another planet" are visiting us. It is advanced military technology for which our government uses ET as a convenient cover--the public eats it up.

Or demons. The Devil and Jack Parsons go way back.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cohen the Barbarian

Regarding UFOs and the 1940s, (foo fighters or their analogs) were seen as early as 1941. The first detonation of a nuclear weapon didn't take place until July 16, 1945 (code name Trinity). Granted, a lot of research took place during the preceding years, but UFOs have been described in literature for millennia. It seems to me the connection here is rather tenuous.

Sure, but not nearly as frequent as today.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Usually I think the comments on the Ancient Aliens TV show are pretty stupid, but they bring up a good and glaringly obvious point - the wave of UFO sightings and incidents of the 'First Kind', coincide exactly with the development of the nuclear bomb. The first nuclear bomb was tested supposedly on July 16,1945 in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

I think this gives us a lot insight into the intentions of our alien visitors -

The insight is that they are concerned about what these nuclear bombs can potentially do. So they are concerned, they are not here on an offensive mission or one of acquisition. For all we know, they are not alien at all and may have been living side by side with us either at bases on the moon or in deep waters.

More evidence to support this point is that they (during that era, and even later) have been found frequenting military bases, and in some cases have disarmed nuclear warheads perhaps to make a point of their intentions.

Maybe it is the case that a nuclear bomb marks a point in the development of a planetary civilization where they are then allowed to interact with the civilization. Maybe before that they are not allowed to interfere, which is the same as the protocol of Star Fleet/The United Federation of Planets in the TV series/movie Star Trek. The Prime Directive "prohibits Starfleet personnel from interfering with the internal development of alien civilizations. This conceptual law applies particularly to civilizations which are below a certain threshold of technological, scientific and cultural development". - Prime Directive

This does not explain their disappearance or reduced activity in recent decades. They have been found frequenting volcanoes in Mexico, a decade or more ago but not too much other than that.

This has been observed-discussed a thousand times.whats new?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

the US building of the atomic bomb

Will you Americans stop saying The U.S. built the bomb.

You didn't. You where one of three partners.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

the US building of the atomic bomb

Will you Americans stop saying The U.S. built the bomb.

You didn't. You where one of three partners.

Where was it built?

Stop splitting hairs, possession is 9/10ths of the law

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There’s never been in recorded history as many UFO incidents as today, that is the late 20th century and the early 21st century.

People of yesteryear had necks that could look up so if UFOS were prevalent we would know. Sure, there were some but today there are thousands!

Starting generally, right before and after the advent of nuclear technology that has the capacity to annihilate the earth and the vast majority of its occupants in seconds, and God knows what else in the solar system..

IF there is anyone out there they dam sure would be worried

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Britain gave The U.S. all it's nuclear secrets so the bomb could be built.

Why do you think it was built in The U.S. ? Because America was not in a war zone and Britain had nowhere to test it.

Understand ?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

after that initial, if not frenzied rush of visits, the tactics turned to abductions.

That is a curious change. Perhaps that was another race. Some suspect it was perpetrated by the US gov't for whatever reason. You can add to this rumors of deep underground military bases and alien activity there. Maybe scientific biological experiments?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If this hypothesis is to make any sense then why were 'nukes' allowed to be tested and then used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the first place?

Why then were continuing tests made by the 'nuclear powers' and the USSR and China allowed to develop 'nukes'?
Why are tests allowed to this day by unstable regimes like North Korea?
If they have disarmed nuclear warheads then where are the stories from outside the USA?

The argument made is unclear. Are they stopping 'nukes' or are they randomly selective about which nukes are allowed?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KABOURIS72

I thought it was a significant point (that they, the ET's, were here out of concern) considering a story told by Dr. Carol Rosin - that the Gov't was planning a plot with alien reproduction vehicles to perpetrate an alien attack on Earth. It sounds kind of ridiculous but then she was the manager for Fairchild Industries and worked side by side with Werner Von Braun. In fact the story came from Werner Von Braun from what he overheard in a sort of 'War Room' meeting. If true their plot of using terrorism as a new enemy has come true. The world gov't has plenty to keep them busy for the time being so if the story is indeed true then they wouldn't have to do anything like that for a long time to come.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Maybe their objective was not necessarily to save us, or to meddle in our affairs.

Maybe the development of the nuclear bomb was a sort of marking point in the development of a civilization where after that they were allowed to reveal themselves. Maybe they did their initial investigations, and expressed their opinions, but then lost interest, or are just leaving us to our own devices.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I believe that is right too, maybe the ET's know of a side effect of nuclear weapons that we do not. Like maybe it could effect the rest of the galaxy in a negative way so they don't want us nuking the sh#t outta each other. I also presume ET's are very science oriented and wouldn't want an incredible ecosystem full of creatures to disappear. Who knows, maybe they are doing it for themselves and not doing it to "protect us".... just a thought.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We should look at the ratio of nuclear bomb activity vs nuclear bomb activity with UFO sightings. I'm sure there are UFO encounters near nuclear weapons that goes undocumented or kept from the public. So it might not be a fair comparison but I do agree with others where are the UFO's stopping other countries bomb/missile testing...According to Unacknowledged, Roswell was the only location in the world that had the h-bomb so the argument is there....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join