It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Anything you need to share is permitted at the Shed. We have all had our own troubles to share and learn from others here. Driving for a living in a big city can be very stressful. I've done that myself working 20 hour days sometime. I'd rather sell Avon and be the weird uncle everyone at the shed talks about. lol
You son sounds like an awesome boy. Does he have friends or other family to interact with? If not I would spend the next year looking into getting him involved with church or some sort of group activities for children.
Now we need to talk about the Pringles. At the Shed we have donuts, bacon, cookies, and lots of coffee. I'll have to ask Night Star if we can add Pringles to the inventory to always have it in stock for you.
Nice to find you at the shed kaelci.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
OK I'm totally random
I want to do this to someone. Would it not be absolutely awesome!?!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Very funny Marty. Keep the funnies going.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Oh The Big Bang has them in spades

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Hon are you Down under now????

I wish

Nope, we're guesstimating August/September at this point in time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm back! With Pringles! And little walnut + apple cakes! *shares*

I'm sorry WIS *hugs*
It's not that I wasn't comfortable sharing, it was more it seemed rude to share and detract from more important problems. I was -this- close to venting just a couple of days ago though, I was ready to just explode with anxiety and stress... and I had it all typed up as well. But then I re-read it. Was pleased that I had at least gotten it out of my system. And just deleted it all.

And thank you Miss Martin

I'm not really horribly worried about my son. I'm certain he'll grow out of it, especially once Dave is here and I have a helping hand and we can go off on adventures and excitements for him. Assist with his inner bravery and courage by going to wondrous places and doing fun things!! It's just if he remains like he is, apparently any school that he goes to will demand that he be diagnosed as something, anything, just so they can get funding for him. And having had first hand experience with children on various areas of the spectrum... I can say that my son's only problem is literally this crippling anxiety. He exhibits nothing else.

And it doesn't help that I live in a small country town with not much to do. So it's hard to get him out and into social activities on assorted days of the week. But that'll be rectified when we move to a larger town, which is planned!

And yes, Miss Elfie One.
I will force myself out of those bushes, and I will mingle with the crazy people!

*waves to The Blue Dude*
I'm estranged from my family. Have been for about 4 years now. It was for the best, but at the same time, I know that probably contributes to my son's anxiety. Only me and him, and not having anyone else around. But soon he'll have Dave around too! And I know that'll do him the world of good.

Pringles are my sacred delight at the moment! Salty delicious goodness!
But I did bring little cinammon apple walnut cakes too!
Something sweet, something savoury, something for everyone!

*and another quick hug for everyone just because... HUGS!*

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Plus we are planing a vacation to Cairns in the next few months once im there. Seriously thinking of moving there.

Check out places like Port Douglas, Palm Cove and the Daintree if you wanna see what were planning. It will be great for kaelcies son too because he will get his first airplane ride, catamaran ride, bus ride, a all glass gondola going over the tropical rainforests there and even a semi submerged submarine to view the great barrier reef. That will give the little guy lots of adventures that will break him out of his anxieties. Plus i have a fairly large presence wherever i am so he will be pretty caught up social anxiety wise when its time for him to go to school.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
You two don't need us! You've got this figured out perfectly. That trip sounds amazing!!!! We better get lots of pictures!!!
[[[HUGS]]]
[[[HUGS]]]
Hugs for both of you!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hello Kaelci,

I'm new here, nice to meet you.

I have 3 kids who all were born in late fall. They all tended towards being the youngest in their classes. My two girls went through school pretty normally. My son, our youngest, was also shy socially and I believe it would have been much better for him to have waited a year before starting.

So if your son is going to be an 'older' class mate, my single data point opinion is that it's not a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
kaelci - Good selection of foodies to bring along to the shed anytime you like. I'd like to be estranged from my family to but I'm stuck living with my 70 plus year old parents for the time being.

BASSPLYR - I see that your move will be wonders for your son. I wish you the best in everything you do.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

We better get lots of pictures!!!

Oh, I'll be taking soooo many pictures. I was looking at new lenses for my camera the other day, specifically for adventures
want to get this cheap 200mm that comes highly recommended by many reviewers, and hopefully I can get lots of nice photos. (I also don't think Dave realises yet, just how camera-obsessed I am. I have 6 batteries, 2 chargers, a bag full of lenses, and I intend to use them!! I was doing a photography course at one stage, and though I never completed it, I still take my lessons with me. Muahahaha.)

But yes, that's what's planned! Our little adventure...

In the meantime though...
2-3 months of extreme worrying.

But I'll be a good girl, and talk it out instead of letting it fester inside. *nods*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello new shedizen!
*waves wildly*

Thank you. I've been thinking a lot about it lately, his daycare brought it up with me a few months ago, how they were worried about him, and wanting to know what he was like at home. I ended up making sooo many videos and they were so surprised at the difference between him at home compared to his shut-down-self with them. And just finally came to my decision last night, that schooling will definitely be held off for one more year. Apparently more people are opting to do so also, so I am relieved that he likely won't be the oldest in his classes, he won't be the only one.

Also more relief at finally making a decision instead of worrying about it for the rest of the year.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OMG Dave AND Kaelci in one day? I can hardly contain myself!

Hi Dave! I know you are working so very hard so you can go to our lovely Kaelci and that adorable boy of hers. I have been so excited about this for a long time now.

Kaelci, it doesn't matter if we all have problems all at the same time or who is going through what. It is not rude to us that you share anything. It is not trivial if it affects you. There is no need to be lonely when you have an entire family right here who has been missing you so very much. I used to send you PM's from time to time, but I thought well maybe she is busy with other things or grew tired of the shed or God knows what. I didn't want you to feel pressured. So...happy that you are back 'home'.

Blue, no one needs permission for any kind of food item. The pixies love getting things for us and making us all happy, so yes, pringles! I like those too, but chocolate cake is better.

Jess, Bahahaha, that would be a riot to do to someone! Umm...just don't do it to me. K?

gyrotool, you left without saying a word. Don't be shy.

Bluesjr, I feel like calling you BlueJay for some reason. Three kids? Wow, do they all have drum sets like Kaelci's boy? Can you imagine? Give them all a different instrument and they can start a band.

Sorry I got all behind in here earlier. Hello to anyone I might have missed and much love to you all! Runs off to do stuff.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wis
Homer
Skid
Forgot to say hello! So sorry!

Skid, where the hell ya been?

Homer how is Dawg?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why is it that every time I start to get comfortable in these places that we always have to move to another one before I get comfy? Guess it's because I can't seem to get my lazy ass end to come around to posting. I think we seriously need to consider purchasing an RV for us or a motor coach or two.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

How many times do I have to tell people...we have portals. They are in the trees. Everyone likes to do things the hard way. And I am shocked you didn't ask for a train. Oh and yes, you need to post more.
Hiya Chooch!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I keep forgetting about the portals being in the trees but they are too small. I would need the jumbo size so that I could fit through one!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

The trees are like the shed, it only looks small from the outside, otherwise I would need a big tree too, like a redwood or something. LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Bluejay it is. I know the bluejays well as they are common in my area. They can be stubburn, but generally I think I could hang with them.

Only the middle child played drums
now her kit has been assimilated into my recording studio.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Hiya Bluejay! You have a recording studio? Sounds like fun! You'll have to share your music with us sometime. That would be great! How old is your little drummer?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
And todays word of the day is.....

discombobulated!

(Someone else can do the "word of the day" next week?? Who's volunteering??)

Good Morning Dwellers!
I shall now try and catch up.... but first.... COFFEE!!

BigG

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join