It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: bluesjr

Are you one of those lucky people who has live music in their life?
I definitely miss that. There is a distinct lack of live music around here (where I live) and I'm so jealous of others like Gordi who plays guitar and sings, and has musical get-togethers with others.

There are quite a few musicians in The Shed actually. Gordi and Errollorre have even collaborated and put videos up in previous Sheds. I think maybe we should try to get more of that going in here again if anyone is willing.

jacy

Yes Jacy, I am lucky that way. Music has always been a big part of my life. I own a small indie label as my "hobby" (its a non-profit endeavor) and am either playing/singing , writing, recording, or producing at least 5 nights out of each week. We have a lot of talented musicians in my area and we all gather at a favorite open mic each week to play, listen, and jam while enjoying some non-Elven beers. I use my studio to work with all of these musician friends and create albums that are distributed globally. My kids are adults now, so I have the luxury of spending my free time with music.

I struggle with sharing things here as I like the anonymous nature of this site which allows me to speak freely. But maybe I just need to loosen the heck up, is there any Elven herb in the shed?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

Aww, I'm so jealous!!

My 1st husband (father of my grown 3 kids) was in a band for years and he taught our son to play guitar. My son is incredible and could play anything after hearing it once or twice.
He was in a band too and they cut a cd of their own songs.
My son quit the band to get married and have a son, etc. but still plays for his own enjoyment.

I miss hearing him play, he always had a guitar on his lap when he was living at home before university.

I live in a small town in SW Ontario and there is no live music around here. You can go to concerts in the bigger cities, but it's really expensive and you have to travel.

Can't believe all the great bands I got to see live when I was a teenager...for about $7 a ticket.
Eww, now I just feel old, lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Nooo! Don't leave me hanging!! What is going on???

*swoops kaelci up in a big squishy*

I am SO happy to see you back here and writing again!
See what you and Errollorre did? You came back and brought us some magic!!!

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on! I just found those 2 photos on Pinterest and decided to write around them, maybe another photo will enlighten me tomorrow when I write.

(Am trying to write more often... I've been stagnant with my proper writing also *sigh*)

*super big squishies!!!!*

(*teddybear squishees*)

edit on 2 6 2017 by kaelci because: I had a cat named Squishee once.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Hey hun, whatever works! If pics are helping to inspire you, then that's great.

I read your story and then Errollorre's, and what started as a simple reply turned into a page of purple storyline, hahaha! That is how I know the Shed magic is back, when the stories just write themselves.

I read your edit. I used to call Sophie my squishee. Not sure if you know, but she passed away in April. I haven't been able to write without her and am still grieving the loss of her sweet little soul. *hugs for our squishees*

jacy

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

My Squishee passed during an awkward time of upheaval; he was forced to become an outdoor cat after being an indoor cat for so long... that change did not bode well. That was five years ago and I still miss my Squishee... your Squishee will still live on in your heart for many years after the grief begins to diminish. It shows how much you love and you care, an indicator of how wonderful you are as a person.

*hugs*

My Squishee when he was still small and squishee! He was the runt of his litter, so I thought Squishee to be a fitting name... he ended up MASSIVE.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Argh! I'm sorry.

I just spent about 20 minutes trying to upload pics of Sophie and Macy together, and nothing will load so I quit.
Your Squishee is absolutely adorable...the name was perfect!

I've been in a relatively good mood today, considering how it started out with some dumb broad backing her car into my car while I was sitting in it at the gas pump.
I flew out of my door, but her painted plastic bumper had crunched into my painted plastic front end (Saturn Ion) so really the only damage was 3 long scuff marks.
I guess I got off lucky, really.

Anyways...now I'm getting tired and starting to ramble. So if I disappear, it was lovely being online here with you and I hope we can do it again soon.
And good-bye to anyone else who is here...in case I disappear, lol...
jacy

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just popping in quickly before I am off to do stuff again. I am wayyyyy behind in here. I think I saw some stories and Errollorre and Kaelci posting them and JACY! Sorry to everyone! I'll try to get back when I can. Love you all!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey Shred!!!

Are you bouncing around up there in the North?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: Night Star
go make Mason apologize to the dragons who have to bake more.

It is okay. Fire we breathe forth.

Does this mean you'll be making us cookies?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Sir Errollorre, I missed you and Troll very much! Was worried about you though and very pleased that you have returned back 'home' to the Shed! Welcome back!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

OMG Blue that heavy metal version was friggin awesome! Loved it!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Blue Dude ventured back to the kitchen to grab one of the fresh donuts and some eleven beer to enjoy the rest of the afternoon with.

This is the beer I was referring to not that elven stuff.

a reply to: Night Star

Glad you enjoyed the music.

To everyone else

I've been enjoying reading your stories and seeing the kitties and such today.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

That was amazing! I loved this!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Another Shed. Seems like the other one started not long ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

At ten pages a day, it does not take long to get to page 200.

P

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I feel so sorry for my mom. She has various ailments causing her to have difficulties getting around so she spends most of her life in her bedroom recliner. Just now she is crying because she spilled her cup of water. I do what I can to help her out but I can't get into her head to help her see the world as a better place than she thinks it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That made me cry.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Check your PM's star, glad to see you and others liked my poem. I haven't been around much guys but I promise I'll at least catch up on everyones stories I'm so glad to see people writing

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Ok I'll go read them. Thanks!

I still didn't get to read all the stories and promise I'll get to them. I read Tom's, but not the others yet. Sorry!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That made me cry.

Now you understand how I feel when I'm at home which is most of the time anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join