It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobby - CRE2017

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
He stood up stretched his body and looked at his watch. It was four o’ clock in the morning still dark, but in the distance he already saw the first light. He started to work on Sunday night when usually everyone else sleeping already. Not if it mattered, he was in the middle of nowhere at least a half mile away from the closest house.

He just finished the last part of the job thinking how well it went. He was getting better and better.

‘Under four hours, this must be a record‘ he said out loud to himself. This was his best creation so far and he did similar things hundreds of times, all over the world for a long time.

It was getting easier as better technology appeared almost day by day. He remembered his very first work, with a small group of people decades ago. For the five of them it took almost all night, but worth it as people were talk about the product for many years coming. They did that by hand, very hard work with extreme precision. None of them alive anymore besides him, he made sure of that.

He worked alone now with sophisticated technology and no unnecessary witnesses. This was his secret forever. With the right tools all he had to do was write and upload a program into his laptop. Then his laptop would program and handle the twenty small drones each carried a machine that creates an ultrasound which able to bend crops without breaking it.

As he packed everything back to their cases and started to carry them to his car parked farther away, he was smiling to himself. He felt he has the best hobby ever. An expensive one but knowing that he was responsible for all the crop circles around the world made it worth the costs.
He reached his car, put away the boxes and got in. Started the engine and while whistling the melody of the TV show X-files, he drove away towards the rising sun.

The End

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Nice work!

Now I'll have that song in my head for the week.

P.S.
Still in awe of your avatar picture.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thank you!

That avatar pic says a lot about society nowadays sadly. But that's a different topic

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Hi szino9!

I'm laughing here, because you and I both chose to go with 'conspiracy' themes for our stories, lol.

That was great, really easy to read and I would have loved to read more.
(kinda disappointed that the crop circles are man-made though...but...is the writer in the story human? I love a mystery and a good conundrum!!)

S&F
Good luck in the contest!

jacy

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You mean it isn't aliens?!

Well done!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

You mean it isn't aliens?!

No cry!!
If you notice, the author has outlived the others.
Could still be alien!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I like it, but dang, what a hobby.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Liked this. Very original.

Cheers,

bally

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thanks mate

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I liked it right up till the end. . . well i liked the drove off humming part (and yes now its stuck in my head too), but I would have liked this particular story to have more of a hanger at the end. Good job.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

None of them alive anymore besides him, he made sure of that. He worked alone now with sophisticated technology and no unnecessary witnesses

Love it! Sneaky and conniving person he is and truly bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you for reading it

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
That's original I kinda liked this. I especially liked the Avatar you used, it reminds me of something, I just can't place my finger on it right now.
edit on 29-6-2017 by CardinalBlack because: I repented leave me alone.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CardinalBlack

I kinda liked this

I am happy with 'kinda liked' can't be picky in a competition

Jokes aside thank you for reading it

join