It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at ethanol plant in southern Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Source

The sheriff of Columbia County says there was an explosion late Wednesday night at an ethanol plant in Cambria, the Didion Milling plant on Highway 146.

Cambria is about 50 miles southwest of Fond du Lac, in Columbia County.

According to initial reports, multiple people have been injured and a number of people remain unaccounted-for. It was not immediately known how many people had been injured, but the incident has been classified as a "mass casualty incident." Injuries have been described as burn injuries.

bnonews.com...

Hoping for a safe resolution.

ETA: More information:

It happened at Didion Milling, whose president, Riley Didion, said "We are praying for our team. There's a lot we don't know right now. Our prayers are with everyone."

There were unconfirmed reports of injuries and people unaccounted for.

Officials with the Madison Fire Department confirmed to WISC that a heavy urban rescue team from Madison was called to assist.

Wisconsin Department of Transportation officials said all lanes of the major highway in the vicinity were closed in both directions near the plant.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 1-6-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

People aware theres sorce out there revokes remote locks people say its something above top secret some say that is a Professional firewall cortana or something

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: syclone

People aware theres sorce out there revokes remote locks people say its something above top secret some say that is a Professional firewall cortana or something

Were you injured in the explosion?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

www.google.com...

Big plant. Hope not many workers were there at midnight.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No
Safe and sound

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

No
Safe and sound

Good GOOD..that's a relief. Thought you might have suffered a concussion from the blast.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Interesting:
wisconsinwatch.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

see i tink that some how there remote locks go to base

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I'm surprised that the Obama Administration didn't shut that plant down, if it was one of the worst violators of breaching pollution protocols. They were really tough on polluters.. except in Flint.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
so your saying something happen to The Obama Administration didn't shut that plant down they killed there self?

edit on 1-6-2017 by syclone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Interesting:
wisconsinwatch.org...

Place looks like a real gem for the environment! Pay no heed to the unknown yellow substance oozing from the pipe...wtf.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Initial searches revealed that the company donated to the campaigns of Congressman Mark Pocan and Tammy Baldwin.

Every lil' bit helps, heh.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

No
Safe and sound

Good GOOD..that's a relief. Thought you might have suffered a concussion from the blast.

Haha.... Pure gold.

But to the OP, unfortunately these volatile industries lead to accidents. Whatever can happen will happen.

Hopefully in our lifetime we can have safer practices and less need on volatile products.

Wait, scratch that, ethanol I'd extremely important, especially barrel aged.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

dude you lol my conversation people care for each other inside the heart

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No
Safe and sound

You must be really proud of yourself for that comment!?

Not all members here have English as a mother tongue but try their best anyway...

Such a shame that there is a total disrespect of other cultures apart from the one that "ONE" is born with here...

Sorry but in my opinion your comment was misplaced and a bit pathetic pal (even if you are a long time member with tons of stars, flags and stuff...)

I don't normally whinge and complain here but that one took the biscuit...

Take off your blinkers mate and don't forget what this site used to be about... : Denying ignorance

Rant over.

Warmest

Lags

Ps. If you want to have a petty argument with me (which seems to be the current trend here right now) keep it to a U2U level please in order not to derail this thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

so your saying something happen to The Obama Administration didn't shut that plant down they killed there self?

He appeared to have the biggest hard-on for coal producers. Hillary was like-minded, if you remember her 2016 town hall where she promised to put coal miners out of work.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
just buck off on the comment just care wisper since your evil your a ego

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe
just buck off on the comment just care wisper since your evil your a ego

Now I could be wrong here but, I think you may have misconstrued Lag's post a bit but, then again, maybe not.

A word of advice if your using Google translate: don't.

Ahhhh, after carefully reviewing your post I think I get it now...

edit on 1-6-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI The question at hand is... Who is John Golt?!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

No
Safe and sound

You must be really proud of yourself for that comment!?

Not all members here have English as a mother tongue but try their best anyway...

Such a shame that there is a total disrespect of other cultures apart from the one that "ONE" is born with here...

Sorry but in my opinion your comment was misplaced and a bit pathetic pal (even if you are a long time member with tons of stars, flags and stuff...)

I don't normally whinge and complain here but that one took the biscuit...

Take off your blinkers mate and don't forget what this site used to be about... : Denying ignorance

Rant over.

Warmest

Lags

What makes you think that Syclone does not speak English?

My gazillion stars are the result of a 2005 ATS system glitch. Pay no attention them.

Hope you feel better in the morning!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join