It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we fear such a small % of people? Muslims!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
a reply to: uncommitted

Where do you live may I ask?

There are plenty of no go areas in cities throughout the U.K.

On top of that there are many more areas where most would feel exceptionally uncomfortable.

Having lived in Leicester 3 times over the last 40 years I can tell you that my last stint was punctuated by Muslim violence and intolerance towards non Muslims and white people in particular. You could be set upon walking home of an evening by car loads of young Muslims calling us scum, white trash, racists and even homosexuals, which we were not.

Birmingham is as bad or worse in places, as is Bolton and many other areas.

I travel the UK a lot in my job but I live roughly between Derby and Nottingham.

There are places all over the world where you can feel uncomfortable. Whether you are white/black/male/female/young/old/Christian/Muslim/gay/straight, there are places where you may not feel totally at ease and may well be potentially at some risk. There are parts of the UK where people who know the area will avoid for all sorts of reasons, but I was referring specifically to a statement about no go areas for non Muslims.

What hacks me off, if you don't mind me saying is comments such as the one you've just made in itself may be factual. What it doesn't cover whatsoever is the fact that there are at least as many areas where white kids are at least equally as bad, probably worse, and they are repeating to an extent what previous generations did. Do you refer to that as a Christian problem? No? Why not? An Atheist problem? No? Why not? What's the difference?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The difference is that it is a Muslim/Islamic problem. Their teachings make them believe all non believers are inferior.

None of the others you refer to are calling for Sharia Law.

None of the others are spontaneously exploding amongst women and children.

There is a darkness deep at the heart of the Islamic faith and until Muslims themselves face and tackle this the problems will persist and get worse.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The difference is that it is a Muslim/Islamic problem. Their teachings make them believe all non believers are inferior.

None of the others you refer to are calling for Sharia Law.

None of the others are spontaneously exploding amongst women and children.

There is a darkness deep at the heart of the Islamic faith and until Muslims themselves face and tackle this the problems will persist and get worse.

Oh, I thought you were up for an intelligent discussion, obviously not.

I think there is and has been for a long time more of a society problem that makes some areas very closed minded, treating any stranger with suspicion or malice. That's certainly not limited to Muslims, and nor is it particularly a modern phenomenon. Keep telling yourself that it's all about Muslims if that makes you feel vindicated though.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Intelligent discussion usually starts without deriding your fellow debater.

Perhaps you would elucidate as to the lack of intelligence or refusal to debate in my last post?

I say things as I see them and as I have experienced them, not just in Leicester and other UK cities, but world wide.

If you truly wish to debate then fire away.

edit on 31-5-2017 by ARM1968 because: Missed a couple of ketters

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Intelligent discussion usual starts without deriding your fellow debater.

Perhaps you would elucidate as to the lack of intelligence or refusal to debate in my last post?

I say things as I see them and as I have experienced them, not just in Leicester and other UK cities, but world wide.

If you truly wish to debate then fire away.

Your initial response to me was about feeling intimidated in Leicester by groups of people you seemed to know are all Muslims. I suggested that in some parts of this country the same thing occurs with the intimidators being non Muslim and that's been the case for generations. You came back with the standard response of ignoring what I'd put and instead talk about Sharia Law and suicide bombers. That doesn't equate to your original response to me in any way and therefore wasn't following through with an intelligent discussion - easy really, isn't it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I disagree. I was broadening the debate. You appeared to want to dilute the specific facts about young Muslims by intimating that this was the case in many areas of the UK with different groups.

I was talking about specific events and attitudes displayed by Muslims, which are growing worse.

Mentioning Sharia Law is valid as a majority of Muslims wish to adopt this abomination whilst groups of 'other' youths have no such agenda beyond being dicks.

Equally mentioning suicide bombers is valid as they actually exist and come entirely from the Muslim community.

Intelligence dictates that we look at all of these aspects in context. Not pick and choose as you appear to be doing. No offence meant incidentally.

I understand the problems inherent in actually facing the problem, but we have to face it. I would urge you to do some real research into 'moderate' Muslim beliefs and attitudes. Proper research, not just people throwing out the Islam is a religion of peace BS.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Not very good at math are you, and also..better stop going out of the house, driving..etc.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

That's more of a discussion, thanks. I wasn't trying to dilute anything. Your post that I responded to was extremely specific and I pointed out it's not just restricted to a particular faith when some areas have individuals - mainly groups of youths who can range from intimidating to violent. When I worked in Nottingham some years ago I'd make a point of not walking through either the Meadows or Saint Annes - both of which were known for that kind of behaviour and it certainly wasn't from groups of Muslims. I was making a point that there is a level where this is a societal issue and to simply point at one group is in itself diluting the issue.

Suicide bombing isn't restricted to the Islamic faith though, Tamil Tigers have committed several suicide bombings but are mainly Hindu. The Kurdish PKK classes itself as secular, it follows a communist ideology - multiple suicide bombings. I know that may seem nit picking, but it's either restricted to one faith or it is not.

I don't think any religion is a religion of peace - at the same time I don't believe every Muslim wants to kill anyone, just as I don't think 30/40 years ago every Irish Catholic wanted to kill anyone.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If the Muslim was pushing for a reformed Sufi ideal towards non dualism instead of listening to spiritual bigotry from Muhammad then Islam could be a gift to humanity instead of the curse it is now. The trouble is that majority of Muslim do not want to fix the religion and are more interested in whitewashing Muhammad insane ideas. Ideas that remind me of another manipulator of dualism who was the driving force of the 2nd world war (Hitler).

The way forward is reformation. And if the majority of Muslim do not want reformation then there is no reason to allow them to coexist in the rest of the world. The same way we should treat Westboro Baptist Church.
edit on 31-5-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Isn't it obvious? The areas ARE bad because the religion is bad. What do I mean by bad? Intolerance of "outsiders" and non-muslims, (including threats of violence and intimidation). Criminal gangs within those areas operating out of the reach of law enforcement because the communities do not cooperate with police, they prefer things to be settled in their own "sharia" courts. Female genital mutilation in backroom surgeries. Honor killings against those who do not agree to arranged marriages, leave their faith, or criticise islam. Lack of womens rights, they are seen as inferior to men, and forced to wear full veils in public. The list goes on... This is the reality of Muslim neighborhoods in London, in Europe and around the world.

This is a great example of why this will never end.

What you have described here is a societal problem from all cultures where certain areas have a a higher rate of crime, drugs, etc etc.

To try and say this needs to stomped out of our communities but only the areas where Muslims dominate the population is simple discrimination.

If you want to stop so called no go zones from existing in our cities you cant discriminate and only concentrate on one demographic.

What I don't like is people being called hateful because they oppose a religious cult. (I call religions cults, because to me all religions are brainwashing cults, and all religious people are brainwashed victims of a cult).

So what makes you any different than the so called religious you just about hate?

all brainwashed victims?

You would have to agree that there might be 1 or even a few people that are religious that don't make such idiotic generalizations and paint with such wide brushes?

Its a simple way to think, instead of seeing people for who they are, individuals no matter what they believe, what colour their skin is or where they live or where born,

a majority of people like to generalize, maybe as an unconscious defense mechanism because their own culture and world around them is just as sick as the culture and people they speak up against.

Violence against women, a popular argument against Islam and Muslims.

Not sure why, its a horrid crime but one that is just as prevalent in western society as it is in any other.

Probably worse for western society because us westerners are supposed to be so civilized compared to the cave dwelling Muslims a lot of the media and other agenda driven or extremely ignorant people want us to hate.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I don't think any religion is a religion of peace

So I assume you do not know about Taosim then?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

I don't think any religion is a religion of peace

So I assume you do not know about Taosim then?

Actually, yes I have. Fair point I guess, although I'm mightily inclined to view it more as a philosophy.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shauny

If there is a bright side to all of this, I would say, at least we
don't have to worry about them bringing snacks to bingo.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Not very good at math are you, and also..better stop going out of the house, driving..etc.

What implies that my math is wrong? And fyi, I got A's in all my math courses throughout college.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sorry..I wasn't really trying to be a jerk..
Percentages/ratio's my friend..your five bad skittles per bag is beyond the real ratio of extremists vs moderates.
I'm just playing but you get the drift..I don't even know how many skittles are in a bag.
Are you going to stay away from driving/cars? or swimming, any other thing that a person has died doing or being involved with?
Fear mongering is all it is..I'm not worried at all..in any way, shape or form.

edit on 31-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Still the same for the most part in this post 9/11 world: Gotta have a "boogeyman", to help with easy control of the masses. Not to forget media influence(either side), which helps the control on helps move along their revenue.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
it should be easily understandable why people so distrust Islam. it is a distrust Muslims have brought upon themselves ever since the creation of that evil, violent religion. their evil so called prophet himself led the violence when he started the religion. to say these are "radical" Muslims causing all the problems makes no sense when they are just following the example set by their beloved prophet.

i have had family friends kidnapped with one killed, and one being rescued from Muslims. my own parents barely escaped being kidnapped to be ransomed or killed (might as well just say killed because no one but countries can afford the ransoms, and countries will not pay it) like so many. just a few weeks ago i had friends living in fear when Muslims decided to invade their area. just last night i found out that a good friend's father is hiding with others in a basement and have run out of food, due to Muslims rampaging and killing non-Muslims. which has been going on the last couple weeks. yet they can't leave to get food because if caught they will be killed for not being Muslim. an event caused when they tried to arrest a terrorist leader. everywhere you get a high number of Muslims you get violence from them. i even have a friend who was Muslim but had to escape from his country, because he was marked for death for failing to stop his wife from converting to Christianity. a crime in Islam that carries the death penalty.

people say "it's not all Muslims, just radicalized ones that are the problem". that is untrue, the supposed non radical Muslims seem to do everything they can to help out their brothers. how many of these scum have been hidden and helped by their fellows when they manage to escape after an attack? just a couple weeks ago a Muslim member of the police tried to use their power and police vehicle to help some of these scum escape justice. how many non Muslims have been committing honor killings the last few years for crimes such as dating a non Muslim, or becoming too "westernized", or simply for leaving the religion? when you try a Muslim for their sex crimes, and other crimes related to their religious beliefs many Muslims seem to show up and protest over the "injustice" when found guilty. many Muslims openly agree that a person saying anything negative about their religion deserves death, no matter if true or not, or for making a drawing of their evil prophet.

people try to excuse these terrorist scum by saying their evil is due to dropping bombs on them. yet Islam was violent long before bombs were even invented. the violence in Islam goes back to the very founding of their religion. Mohamed himself led the violence while he was alive. and that violence has never stopped. when they have not been trying to take over the world they have been killing themselves over differences in belief. Islam has always been about violence and conquest. from the conquests led by Mohammad himself, the taking over parts of Europe, the causing of the crusades, right up to the violent terrorism we see today. the only way to remove violence from Islam, is to remove the evil prophet Mohammad with his example and his teachings from it. yet if you remove Mohammad, his example, and his teachings what is left since the entire religion is based on them? just like how could you have Christianity if you removed Jesus, his teachings, and his example from it? quite simply you can not.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: WUNK22
Move to London and live in their no-go areas, enjoy your cultural enrichment!

Are Americans really stupid enough to think there really are no go areas? Do you really fall for that kind of crap?

Yeah my mom and Aunt just got back from England. There are most assuredly no go zones if you are white. They were warned at the hotel to stay from certain areas. So tell me again how no go zones dont exist?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: WUNK22
Move to London and live in their no-go areas, enjoy your cultural enrichment!

Are Americans really stupid enough to think there really are no go areas? Do you really fall for that kind of crap?

Yeah my mom and Aunt just got back from England. There are most assuredly no go zones if you are white. They were warned at the hotel to stay from certain areas. So tell me again how no go zones dont exist?

Yes, I will tell you as many times as you like. A hotel may advise that certain areas in any city in the world are probably best avoided. That doesn't make it a no go zone. If you are saying that a particular hotel said there were, please provide the name and location of the hotel and just for fun I'll contact them and ask.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Sorry..I wasn't really trying to be a jerk..
Percentages/ratio's my friend..your five bad skittles per bag is beyond the real ratio of extremists vs moderates.
I'm just playing but you get the drift..I don't even know how many skittles are in a bag.
Are you going to stay away from driving/cars? or swimming, any other thing that a person has died doing or being involved with?
Fear mongering is all it is..I'm not worried at all..in any way, shape or form.

That makes sense now. I'm just gonna be cautious in my decisions. If i feel uncomfortable, then I have these awesome pair of legs that seem to obey my commands and leave the scene.lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join