It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam on Track to Overtake Christianity as World’s No. 1 Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

All Islam is radical, its the way it is, the entire religion is based on a belief system of severe control that has not altered in a thousand years.

I suppose anyone who follows an ancient religious book to the absolute letter is a radical. Only a small minority of Christians Jews and some oddball cults go to those extremes. Islam is a way of living and a way of ruling and until Islam is separated from the role of Governance it will always keep Muslims in the dark ages, they will stagnate). Isolationism is not the way forward

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Maybe people want control, that’s why despite all the bad publicity from the evil jihadis Islam is still on the rise.

Though out in California you have gay Mosques, or what they call mixed mosques where woman and men pray together, gays are invited, I think that’s a good development. Islam cannot not modernize it will be too much pressure in the west.

Sure backward countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Saudi will remain the way they are but even there change will come, just slower

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Brendan Kirby reports for LifeZette

Muslims will double their share of the population in the United States by 2050 and surpass Christianity as the world’s dominant religion by the end of the century, according to a Pew Research Center report released last week.

With the efforts of the EU, Australia and American governments to import and increase the standing of Muslims worldwide, it would appear that our leaders are cow toeing to the soon to be dominant religion.

For many Christians, this is a troubling sign considering the massive violence problem Islam has displayed since it's inception and cowardly treatment of women.

Yet, all is not lost for Christianity as one statistic FIRMLY backs up:

Via Wikipedia

According to a study from 2015, Christians hold the largest amount of wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.[3]

As we can see from this one statistic, Islam is an extremely distant second in terms of religious wealth.

Would you agree ATS that even though Islam may soon outnumber Christians on the total population scale, it will be relegated to poor countries and have a difficult time spreading due to the overall wealth gap?

You can critique Christianity all day and intelltual community celebrates

You critique Islam you're a bigoted racist Islamophobic sexist xenophobe.

Yes Christians will lose the modern religion war because progressives and the media hate western society and converting to Islam is trendy.

The only way for both to lose is for atheists and agnostics to speak out and be equally critical but unfortunately theyre majority apologists

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

No it wont and they'll be stuck like chuck with nowhere to run to.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I like the holy Trinity of Death that is USA/France/UK, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. Christian nations which spreads death around the globe, partnered with the Jewish State which pretty much dominates that foreign policy, and the Islamic Capital of Saudi Arabia that cooperates and guides the USA foreign policy as well.

The primary perpetrators of global death of aggression are not in Muslim. Hell the Saudis tend to die more than they kill when it comes to fighting their neighbors.

We can use our two minutes hate wishing all Muslims to death in a nuclear fire, or we can acknowledge that they only play a secondary role in the global death count compared to the beacons of Christian hope found in the West, and the pockets of militant Islam that they have been exposed funding, arming, and supporting logistically in order to represent the very horror they mind control people into believing, like an impressionable child.

I am curious from a historical perspective which societies and cultures have been genocided into irrelevance by Islam?? Serious inquiry here. I need to gain perspective. As far as I know, two whole continents, an entire hemisphere really and its people and cultures were genocided into irrelevance by Christians from Spain, Portugal, England, France, and the USA over the course of three centuries (17th-20th).

I'll own that, I won't be a hypocrite. But my inquiry is, clearly Islam has to have done worse, or uneducated people from everywhere would not be condemning all of them, including their innocent children to a nuclear fiery death. pfft, what am I talking about, their is no such thing as an innocent Muslim. Even the infant babies are clearly guilty by default, and no one should feel even the slightest remorse while we dispatch them as well.

So which specific genocides are we to hold them to account? I think I have read about an Armenian genocide right?? So while not in the untold millions to hundreds of millions, I know they at lest got one.

Im trying to keep score here is all. I need to know so I can accurately explain to my children why they should maintain default hate/fear mode when encountering anyone professing to be Muslim. I don't want them to be caught off guard and need to make sure they are ready to hate/fear based on facts.

Kind of like an evolution from this against Islam.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
For many Christians, this is a troubling sign considering the massive violence problem Islam has displayed since it's inception and cowardly treatment of women.

Meh. To an atheist its just the same bag of # with a different name.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I do think the spiritual world is teaching on the level of where the majority of humanity is.

But if the spiritual world is evolving humanity thru heightened spiritual revelation then why do you still follow Muhammad and not follow Nanak (and become Sikh) instead that is a later created religion with less logical problems and duality than the Quran.

Why is Buddhism so much more logical and awareness based than Islam when it is olden than Islam? Should not Islam be brighter and wiser than Buddhism since it should be later on the evolution chain if humanity always evolve upwards?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There will be only two religion that will overtake other religion....., a religion of hate and a religion of blind people who try to describe an elephant....at least from online world.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 I think every religion has as much of a right to exist as any other. If it overtakes Christianity then Christianity wasn't good enough to keep up. Oh well, mauve one day neither will exist and people can live together as human being instead of [insert religion here].

Ok, but how about trying to answer the question in the OP?

It was a silly question posed by the OP:

Would you agree ATS that even though Islam may soon outnumber Christians on the total population scale, it will be relegated to poor countries and have a difficult time spreading due to the overall wealth gap?

1. As if a nation's economy has any bearing on religious ideologies. Btw, there are many wealthy "Muslim countries" already...

2. How does the OP claim that *Islam will outnumber Christians" and then ask *if it will have difficult time spreading* in the same breath? I will have to rhetorically ask the OP if s/he is aware that there is a high Muslim population in China and Philippines and other places.

However, I *disagree* with 3NL1GHT3N3D1 that all religions deserve the right to exist equally. S/he is much more tolerant than I am towards religion. I believe ALL religious people need a enlightening slap in order to wake up to its mystical common root—which will probably never happen. Therefore, ALL religions need to become extinct from the face of the Earth.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The prophet Mohammed had multiple wives because they were widows or in need of protection. At that time things were different.
And really sand people, you obviously are a racist piece of #.

a reply to: PepeTalk

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJS4life
The prophet Mohammed had multiple wives because they were widows or in need of protection. At that time things were different.
And really sand people, you obviously are a racist piece of #.

a reply to: PepeTalk

Because they needed protection? yeah, from MOHAMMED! He was a goddamn warlord and took sex slaves.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That's some progress...good on them!

(post by DEVOTEDTOCHRIST removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I am in the process now of re reading Quran. I don't mean to be rude or aggressive to Muslims (Islamist's) but this literature appears to me as about 7th or 8th grade immature literature. I can understand why Quran took much of their doctrine from rabbinic and Christian sources as they really have no foundation except that of an illiterate man who it appears to me was very confused. I have found , simply by reading, numerous embellishments or simply mistakes in their taking other literature and trying to blend it with their own doctrine.

In that respect Islam appears to attract the uneducated as well as the fearful. By fearful I do not mean fear of their God as much as their fear of reprisal in not accepting Islam by the butchers who enforce this ideology. It appears to me as a religion of terror in not accepting what their peers teach who are simply mortal parrots of an illiterate man. It truly is a religious ideology wrapped in a garment of confusion.
Just my opinion of course ---

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think every religion has as much of a right to exist as any other. If it overtakes Christianity then Christianity wasn't good enough to keep up. Oh well, maybe one day neither will exist and people can live together as human beings instead of [insert religion here] camps or political camps.

It goes much deeper than that. Much of Christianity lives within developed counties and the cultures in developed countries have changes to less children due to cost, lack of true need for them and new family makeups. People just do not have the children as they once had the past. We also see a general move from all religions as our education systems pushes this quite heavily.

In many Muslim countries they have a state sanctioned religion, have many laws solely based on their religion and still have large numbers of children who are educated mostly though the Mosques.

To be "good enough" would mean we would need to match some kind of Islam or die methodology that is basically what we see them as to the reasons of their religious growth.

edit on 17-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the funniest part about this thread is how people pretend that christianity is so innocent. christians were terrorists before terrorism was cool. but now we have the bill of rights and stuff so american religions have to play nice while pretending it was their idea to play nice so they dont look bad. bottom line, if christianity can turn over a new leaf, so can islam. its what jesus would have wanted, no?

edit on 17-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Im trying to keep score here is all. I need to know so I can accurately explain to my children why they should maintain default hate/fear mode when encountering anyone professing to be Muslim. I don't want them to be caught off guard and need to make sure they are ready to hate/fear based on facts.

We see what extremism can do so many times in the past. TODAY there is an extremist group that is affecting the whole planet to one degree or another. How do you explain that to your kids? There is no hate/fear, so don't make the criminal the victim. No one is wide brushing anything, OK there are 1.5 billion fantastically wonderful Muslims in the world..its the other 100 million that want us dead. You see that is the problem we have here with the extremist part of Islam that may be just a small percentage of them, but still represents a rather lager number of people.

We also can not comprehend the nature of large groups of people who are willing to kill and continue to kill until they themselves are killed. We would call these people insane in our world but in the Muslim world they are martyr and praised for their actions.

I don't have any answers for you...so good luck explaining all this to your kids in a good way.. lol

edit on 17-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I personally believe that Islam is the greatest danger to the welfare of all the people of the world. Xenophobic, yes..okay. I can see the writing on the wall from other countries that allow these people into their countries and the chaos it caused. They aren't assimilating and are less likely do so if they represent the majority.

I served in the US army for more than a decade as a grunt. I've been in Iraq and Afghanistan. My last tour was 18 months in Kandahar and I know that you're wrong about your assumptions on THESE Islamists. The American born Islamists have assimilated for the most part but the refugees are a different breed altogether. Those of you (I won't mention names) that claim to be gay and defend Islamists are morons. They want you dead.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
meanwhile far right group suspected of bombing a mosque, silence on here wonder why?

seeing how christianity still holds the record for people killed in the name of and, as shown on this thread alone the vast majority don't know the difference between sunni and kharijites meaning not much knowledge on islam just a lot of misplaced hatred, the somehow white skinned yet born in the middle east supposedly 2000 years ago babies religion still is the most dangerous.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We're on our way.

"Parents fury as pork sausages are banned from the school menu and replaced with halal meat"

"And parents have branded the decision 'a scandal' as only twenty per cent of the 600 pupils are Muslim and the decision to provide halal meat was up to individual schools in the town."
www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join