It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam on Track to Overtake Christianity as World’s No. 1 Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Brendan Kirby reports for LifeZette

Muslims will double their share of the population in the United States by 2050 and surpass Christianity as the world’s dominant religion by the end of the century, according to a Pew Research Center report released last week.

With the efforts of the EU, Australia and American governments to import and increase the standing of Muslims worldwide, it would appear that our leaders are cow toeing to the soon to be dominant religion.

For many Christians, this is a troubling sign considering the massive violence problem Islam has displayed since it's inception and cowardly treatment of women.

Yet, all is not lost for Christianity as one statistic FIRMLY backs up:

Via Wikipedia

According to a study from 2015, Christians hold the largest amount of wealth (55% of the total world wealth), followed by Muslims (5.8%), Hindus (3.3%) and Jews (1.1%). According to the same study it was found that adherents under the classification Irreligion or other religions hold about 34.8% of the total global wealth.[3]

As we can see from this one statistic, Islam is an extremely distant second in terms of religious wealth.

Would you agree ATS that even though Islam may soon outnumber Christians on the total population scale, it will be relegated to poor countries and have a difficult time spreading due to the overall wealth gap?

edit on 29-5-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

(post by PepeTalk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think every religion has as much of a right to exist as any other. If it overtakes Christianity then Christianity wasn't good enough to keep up. Oh well, maybe one day neither will exist and people can live together as human beings instead of [insert religion here] camps or political camps.
edit on 5/29/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

As they breed and spread across Europe and elsewhere, they will eventually be the majority in those places. Once you are the majority, you will elect those that think like you.

I can see Germany under Sharia Law eventually. (That's kind of a jab

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think every religion has as much of a right to exist as any other. If it overtakes Christianity then Christianity wasn't good enough to keep up. Oh well, mauve one day neither will exist and people can live together as human being instead of [insert religion here].

Ok, but how about trying to answer the question in the OP?

link   

The only issue I'd have is if they pushed that Sharia crap on people.

Other than that?

Live and let live.

Hopefully, by the year 2100, religion will be toned down a bit.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately, Humanity is heading in the wrong direction. We should be turning away from religion... Ugh!, maybe it doesn't make a difference anyway. The real problem are the lunatics that murder in the name of religion...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

My bad.

Would you agree ATS that even though Islam may soon outnumber Christians on the total population scale, it will be relegated to poor countries and have a difficult time spreading due to the overall wealth gap?

Not sure what wealthiness and poorness have to do with the legitimacy of a religion (if that's what you were getting at, if not ignore this part) but Africa is the poorest continent in the world and (as of 2002) was 80% Christian.

So no, I don't think it will be relegated to poor countries alone any more than Christianity.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I couldn't care less.

Honestly.

Dont care.

Why should i care?

I guess if i was a xenophobic scum bag i might care but i am not so nope, i dont care.

Actually i care so little i am questing why i am even bothering responding to this
edit on 29-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I think every religion has as much of a right to exist as any other. If it overtakes Christianity then Christianity wasn't good enough to keep up. Oh well, maybe one day neither will exist and people can live together as human beings instead of [insert religion here] camps or political camps.

Are you suggesting Christians pick up swords and start beheading or converting everyone? Maybe start kicking out or executing non believers in our christian countries? Otherwise it's just not good enough to compete with the superior teachings of a pedophile and his army of lunatic sand people
edit on 29-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That's something to look forward to. Maybe some kind of religion specific, fatal contagion can be developed and weaponised that will save civilisation.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I would say it has a lot to do TV shows like these:

Here is what people in Reddit say regarding the fall of Christianity and the rise of Radical Islam

The point is Islam offers a clear alternative the the degenerate western lifestyle being pushed down on us from lefties on high. The more ridiculous it gets, the more attractive Islam becomes to those who are disenchanted with western culture. Our own religions have all either joined forces with the looney left by cherry-picking jesus quotes that are congruent with their libertine lifestyle ("just love everyone man"), or completely waived the flag. [Note, I am not part of any organized religious group, btw]

Conservatives have completely lost the culture wars. Everything since the early 90s has just been delaying actions, putting up minimal resistance, and eventually giving way.

My point is that there is no existing culture or religious structure to counteract cultural Marxism and for many disaffected people, Islam provides an attractive alternative. [By no means am I supporting Islam itself---just noting the reality that it presents a cohesive counter to the current cultural narrative]. Also the same reason why orthodox religion is seeing a resurgence in Russia and why Putin is so popular among many conservatives.

Islam does have a point. The idea that Western media is exporting insane sexual mores to Islamic societies via its control on entertainment is factually correct. I fully expect to see Bill Nye referenced in ISIS, MB or al Qaeda literature/video in the very, very near future (they used Miley Cyrus MTV bit where she was eating out a fat woman's ass and that's nowhere near as objectionable as Nye's schtick to a person of conscience). The reason they will is because they don't have to twist anything to make their argument. "Muh Sex junk" is exactly what they will say it is. That Islamic societies' sexual mores are also insane and that the people who are making this point are more violent than Bill Nye could ever be (mostly due to capabilities) doesn't contest the specific point they're making--that the West is intentionally trying to indoctrinate youth in degeneracy. That's what makes # like this effective as a recruiting tool. The salafis don't have to lie or mischaracterize anything. Nye's message is verbatim what they're a few weeks from saying it is. Islam's solution/response is evil, but the grievance, itself, is not BS. Not as long as Netflix/Hollywood is funding ***** like this and holding up people like Nye as some sort of person to be admired

Source: www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

They did in the first few centuries A.D.

In fact, that's how it became so big, by forcing it on people hundreds of years ago and that brainwashing has continued down the generations.

Not much different to what Islam is trying to do today.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

My bad.

Not sure what wealthiness and poorness have to do with the legitimacy of a religion (if that's what you were getting at, if not ignore this part) but Africa is the poorest continent in the world and (as of 2002) was 80% Christian.

So no, I don't think it will be relegated to poor countries alone any more than Christianity.

That's a really good point. Africa's Christian dominance can probably be pointed towards the British Empire's conquest of S. Africa, though. So again, we have an example of religion spreading due to the wealth of the West.

I think wealth and religion are EXTREMELY tied to one another. Faith gives hope, often because it's needed due to a lack of or a reduced quality of life. Wealth might not easily be represented as a cornerstone of happiness, but it doesn't hurt.

I'd go so far as to make the claim that if these regions growing terrorists had SOME level if wealth, they'd have a lot less terrorists.

Look at the UAE. They are Muslim and very happy, with very little extremism. I have to think wealth is a part of that.

Maybe nation-building isn't such a bad thing if you consider the end result being a wealthy, happy country.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

God help us.....err, Allahu Akbar.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Nevermind.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I saw this and my first reaction was that this is great news, particularly for Atheist Leftist Democrats who hate anything Christian and of course, its the Democrats who have orchestrated the Muslim invasion of the US. But then I remembered that if memory serves me correctly, the Islamist terrorists, in their attacks in the US, predominantly kill Democrats in Blue states, the West and East Coasts and the North East. So.........I'm not so sure this IS a good thing for Democrats and their client constituency.

I'd certainly agree that Islam will outnumber Christians on the total population scale, both in the US and the rest of the world. While the Roman Catholic church prospers in fly-over country, the US Protestant Christian sects are all but moribund, losing entire congregations, particularly on the coasts. In fact, with each "Progressive" change, the Episcopalians have so alienated not only their laity, who are migrating to the RCC, their Priests are joining up with the RCC as well. Of course, the "end" of Christianity, which, by the way won't happen, would be heralded as great progress by the Democrats and particularly their Cultural Marxist wing, they may ultimately find themselves hauled before the Sharia courts facing summary execution at some point in the future.

Interesting times indeed!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That is the intention of some people in these governments. They want to destabalize the society so we are more dependent on them to protect us, they want us fighting amongst each other. That is how a lot of governments work, it is a normal tactic. A nation united under god tends to defy control by any people who do not follow in step with Christianity. The best way for the deceivers to get control is bust religion wide open

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I couldn't care less.

Honestly.

Dont care.

Why should i care?

I guess if i was a xenophobic scum bag i might care but i am not so nope, i dont care.

Actually i care so little i am questing why i am even bothering responding to this

Are you a woman? Are you married? Do you have daughters? (That's just ONE thing.)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I can see Germany under Sharia Law eventually.

Bwahahaha, how sweet that would be. And considering their efforts to exterminate the Jews..........how ironic is that?

Karma, it really IS a bitch!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join