It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam on Track to Overtake Christianity as World’s No. 1 Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Crikey, you responded quickly there.. How about you read my post before you post your quick-draw Bull# response.

Like, maybe then you'll learn something, by, you know, checking what a genuine first-hand source has to say?

Like, a source who lives in an area which has many Muslims, a source who has worked all over the region, and all over the country, who has seen these things up & down the land with great internal consistency; commonalities which link all areas of the nation, in terms of the attitudes & behaviours of these people.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why aren't Christians speaking out against all those Christians in Mexico slaughtering people over drugs? Because Mexican cartels are predominately Christian. I guess that means Christians agree with killing people over drugs and torturing them.

Sounds pretty dumb doesn't it? Because it is. They ignore the ones who do speak out so they can continue to believe all Muslims agree with radical Islam for whatever reason.

It's pretty dumb logic when you think about it.

Yup.

What about all those atheists shooting kids in schools to eh??

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

First line told me all I needed to know, more right wing EDL bs

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You're totally right, atheists must agree with shooting up schools then! I don't see anything wrong with that logic.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The reason why Islam is attractive, notwithstanding the 5 percent lunatic Wahhabi sect, who btw came in the 18th century, is that it is a very logical religion in comparison to others.

Unlike Judaism which holds the sectarian doctrine that Jews (a small tribe from the Hebrew tradition) are Gods favorite people, Islam doesn’t hold that Muslims are better than others just because they confess faith and all races are equal in Islam.

In addition, unlike Christianity Islam doesn’t have the confused ideas about Jesus( whether he’s God, son of God or something else) it merely believes Jesus was a Holy Prophet of God.

Sure Islam has major issues with the premodern aspect of ancient religions such as views towards woman and sectarianism, but when these issues are resolved, Islam has a very positive view on life comparatively.

For example, unlike Christianity it doesn’t teach Hell is eternal, only a means of purification.

Also it doesn’t teach only Muslims will go to heaven

Therefore, in a lot of regard it is, doctrinally, superior to its two cousin religions.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why aren't Christians speaking out against all those Christians in Mexico slaughtering people over drugs? Because Mexican cartels are predominately Christian. I guess that means Christians agree with killing people over drugs and torturing them.

Sounds pretty dumb doesn't it? Because it is. They ignore the ones who do speak out so they can continue to believe all Muslims agree with radical Islam for whatever reason.

If someone studies the bible those drug cartels prove themselves non christians through their actions. So why should we speak out when its obvious to everyone they are hypocrites and not really christians?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Furthermore, Islam is named after a very cherished concept, not after a nation or one person.

It is an Arabic word that means and connotes three things:

Peace, submission to God, and safety. All these definitions are from the Arabic Lane-poole lexicon

A very logical definition for a religion that supposed to be from God and for all humanity

Why would God name a religion after one small race or name a religion after one person.

That’s what a lot of people who become Muslims are drawn to.

Moreover, its views on God are very simple. God is one, or a unity…
God is a supreme being who is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, and favors ONLY good people based on their deeds.

Islam believes that in the last day human beings whatever their faith will be judged on their deeds alone.

To the good will go to an eternal paradise and the evil will have to get purified through Hell.

Again, Hell is NOT eternal in Islam

This eloquent simplicity in its doctrines is very attractive to people who believe in God.

edit on 29-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There is no true logic in a religion that contradict itself. But it is a perfect tool to behave like a wolf but show of the illusion of a sheep.

And this includes all the three Abrahamic curses on humanity. Submission is not the path to unity. Unity is gained thru awareness and explanation to those who listen. Compulsion and submission are tools the fallen ones use and destroy themselves by their own action in the end.

Moreover, its views on God are very simple. God is one, or a unity… God is a supreme being who is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, and favors ONLY good people based on their deeds.

That rules out Muhammad being a prophet in that case based on his deeds.

Islam believes that in the last day human beings whatever their faith will be judged on their deeds alone.

At least I can agree with this. The mirror effect and Karma coming back to all souls in the end.
edit on 29-5-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

but when these issues are resolved

That's a big 'when'!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The West is becoming secular as the traditional family culture disappears to be replaced by the state. We are also seeing a greatly reduced birth rate in western countries. Kids today are expensive and younger people have other priorities where kids in the picture limit their choices.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

If someone studies the bible those drug cartels prove themselves non christians through their actions. So why should we speak out when its obvious to everyone they are hypocrites and not really christians?

You would speak up, just to let people know that those guys don’t represent your “true beliefs”…which is exactly what you just did…

Muslims would also point out the same thing i.e. that another groups bad actions do not represent the “True Islam” etc…

- JC

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I couldn't care less.

Honestly.

Dont care.

Why should i care?

I guess if i was a xenophobic scum bag i might care but i am not so nope, i dont care.

Actually i care so little i am questing why i am even bothering responding to this

If you didn't care so much then why start a whole new thread title:Some thoughts on Islamophobia

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Can you give me a verse in the Koran? I would like to see it.

From my understanding, those who rejected the Prophet and are unbelievers cannot go to heaven.
edit on 5/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Can you give me a verse in the Koran? I would like to see it.

From my understanding, those who rejected the Prophet and are unbelievers cannot go to heaven.

“Verily, those who believe (in Allaah and in His Messenger Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and the Sabians [wa’l-saabi’een], and the Christians, and the Majoos, and those who worship others besides Allaah; truly, Allaah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. Verily, Allaah is over all things a Witness”

[al-Hajj 22:17]

Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians [wa’l-saabi’een ], whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day and does righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”
[al-Baqarah 2:62]

“Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians [wa’l-saabi’een ], whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day and does righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”
[al-Baqarah 2:62]

Of course, in all religions you have stupid people who say God only lets our sect in heaven.
The Wahhabis believe this kind of nonsense.

Most Muslims, though, go by what these versus say and they say that people will be judged according to their own faith and deeds, not the dogma of Islam or their own NOT their religious dogma.

Also a Muslim is a person of peace and goodness not necessarily a person who was born in a faith because of the accident of their parents.

I mean think for yourself, would a God condemn people who never heard of a historical religion.

I believe when the Quran says, Muslim its talking about a verb not a noun

Muslim means, one of peace, and submission to Gods cosmic law, that could be a Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Jew even atheist in some regard

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The reason why Islam is attractive, notwithstanding the 5 percent lunatic Wahhabi sect, who btw came in the 18th century, is that it is a very logical religion in comparison to others.

Unlike Judaism which holds the sectarian doctrine that Jews (a small tribe from the Hebrew tradition) are Gods favorite people, Islam doesn’t hold that Muslims are better than others just because they confess faith and all races are equal in Islam.

In addition, unlike Christianity Islam doesn’t have the confused ideas about Jesus( whether he’s God, son of God or something else) it merely believes Jesus was a Holy Prophet of God.

Sure Islam has major issues with the premodern aspect of ancient religions such as views towards woman and sectarianism, but when these issues are resolved, Islam has a very positive view on life comparatively.

For example, unlike Christianity it doesn’t teach Hell is eternal, only a means of purification.

Therefore, in a lot of regard it is, doctrinally, superior to its two cousin religions.

What makes it attractive is that to believe otherwise is to risk your livilihood. It's a matter of self-preservation.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

There is no true logic in a religion that contradict itself. But it is a perfect tool to behave like a wolf but show of the illusion of a sheep.

And this includes all the three Abrahamic curses on humanity. Submission is not the path to unity. Unity is gained thru awareness and explanation to those who listen. Compulsion and submission are tools the fallen ones use and destroy themselves by their own action in the end.

Moreover, its views on God are very simple. God is one, or a unity… God is a supreme being who is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, and favors ONLY good people based on their deeds.

That rules out Muhammad being a prophet in that case based on his deeds.

At least I can agree with this. The mirror effect and Karma coming back to all souls in the end.

How would you deal with pre-modern savages who killed their own children 1500 years ago, or 5000 years ago?

God or divine intelligence speaks to people according to their level of development...

You don’t give a child Plato or Aristotle to read

God or evolutionary intelligence is practical. If he would have tried to modernize ancient people it wouldn’t have worked

People in pre-modern times couldn’t nor wouldn’t be able to submit to 21st century mores.

How would you have dealt with all kind of savages and constant threat of being murdered 1500 years ago...

You cant call 911

Muhammad to the Muslims in regard how they should treat Christians

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Furthermore, Islam is named after a very cherished concept, not after a nation or one person.

Peace, submission to God, and safety. All these definitions are from the Arabic Lane-poole lexicon

A very logical definition for a religion that supposed to be from God and for all humanity

Why would God name a religion after one small race or name a religion after one person.

God is a supreme being who is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, and favors ONLY good people based on their deeds.

To the good will go to an eternal paradise and the evil will have to get purified through Hell.

This eloquent simplicity in its doctrines is very attractive to people who believe in God.

I was wondering how long it'd be till you showed up defending the Islamic faith.

Let me see if I can get this straight.

Peace. Submission to God. Safety.

Where do women fall into these three tenets?

The fact is Islam, like all religions, are not intellectually superior to any other. Intellect, and this must hurt you, has nothing to do with it. Would you say a large majority of Islamic followers are scholars and therefore adhere to Islam because it makes the most sense? Lord, I hope that's not what you are saying. At least, that's what it sounds like you are saying, that these people came to Islam because of their big brains.

L.o.l.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That's nice, evil muslims know that hell is temporary. They can be out in 5-10 with good behavior.

Doesn't give them much of an incentive to be good.

Christian hell is the absence of God for eternity, much more serious than being a trendy atheist, since while in this life they can be touched directly or indirectly by God.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So you believe in a God that would torture a person for eternity.

Even though ultimately God is responsible for all things

There is nothing in the end independent from God not even the devil

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I was wondering how long it'd be till you showed up defending the Islamic faith.

I didn't perceive Islam needed defending. I'm just offering explanations on the reason why Islam is on the rise comparatively.

Let me see if I can get this straight.
Peace. Submission to God. Safety.
Where do women fall into these three tenets?

That’s the definition of the word Islam. Go look it up in an Arabic lexicon.

The fact that most people don’t live up to that standard is truly unfortunate as few live up to most sublime principles of their faith.

So in the days of pre-modern religion you would expect God to start a woman’s liberation movement and not let nature or the human societal being develop at its own rate.

I try to make you intellectuals understand that pre-modern religion is just that—pre-modern, a level of primitive savagery few in todays world could deal with, believe me, where pre-modern mores of society at that time is respected to some degree by the intelligence…Why?

Because you cannot put perfume on a scorpion and expect it not to bite you. Even God, or the divine intelligence, can only develop people according to their level of understanding....Or in their own time.

Sure he could have tried to enforce modernity, something no culture on the planet were experiencing at the time, but that wouldn't have worked, believe me!

Actually for the time in question 1500 years ago many scholars agree Islam raised woman up much more than the other cultures at that time in comparison...

The fact is Islam, like all religions, are not intellectually superior to any other. Intellect, and this must hurt you, has nothing to do with it. Would you say a large majority of Islamic followers are scholars and therefore adhere to Islam because it makes the most sense? Lord, I hope that's not what you are saying. At least, that's what it sounds like you are saying, that these people came to Islam because of their big brains.

I’m not really interested in arguing over whose religion is better, that’s for another thread.
I’m just answering a logical proposition of the success of Islam in terms of converts even though the reputation, because of the jihadi lunatics, has besmirched it so much.

I speak from experience not just theory and emotion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join