It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyongyang launches suspected ballistic missile – South Korean military

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

North Korea has launched an unidentified projectile which appears to be a ballistic missile, Yonhap news reports, citing South Korea’s military.

Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said Pyongyang launched a projectile in the eastern direction from Wonsan, Gangwon Province at dawn.

“The president was immediately notified of the situation, and the president ordered the NSC Standing Committee at 7:30 am,” the military statement said.

Source

I wonder how much longer it will be until an all-out war breaks out? It seems that these missile tests are happening with greater frequency. I hope the Trump Administration understands that sanctions have not and will not work with Lil' Kim. Neither does diplomacy.

Imho the time for all that is ended. Only military action will resolve this, short of a miracle from the Lord.

Second edit: I tried to upload a screenshot of a Twitter post that came up just before 6pm Eastern, but it wouldn't work out. So here's the text:

"DEFCONWarningSystem‏ @DEFCONWSALERTS 11 minutes ago
Some are reporting that North Korean missile landed in Japan. Investigating"

If this report is correct, then we may have witnessed the start of WW3. This is not good. Hopefully that report is wrong.

edit on 28-5-2017 by dianajune because: typo

edit on 28-5-2017 by dianajune because: Inc. info from Defconwsalerts from Twitter

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

DEFCONWarningSystem‏ @DEFCONWSALERTS 20m20 minutes ago
North Korean missile landed in Japan waters, not Japan itself.

So, not the Japanese country, just it's territorial waters.

Still a strong provocation.

Will be interesting to see what develops. Seeing we have a 3rd carrier group headed that direction too.

Might be time to stock up on popcorn and beer.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

edit on 5/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

DEFCONWarningSystem‏ @DEFCONWSALERTS 20m20 minutes ago
North Korean missile landed in Japan waters, not Japan itself.

So, not the Japanese country, just it's territorial waters.

Still a strong provocation.

Will be interesting to see what develops. Seeing we have a 3rd carrier group headed that direction too.

Might be time to stock up on popcorn and beer.

It's still an act of war, given that it landed in territory belonging to Japan, which happens to be a member of NATO. It will be interesting to see how President Trump responds.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

No it isn't. It's only an act of war if it lands on Japanese territory. If it landed in Japanese waters, it was in the EEZ. That's international waters, but under Japanese control for the purpose of development and resources.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No it isn't. It's only an act of war if it lands on Japanese territory. If it landed in Japanese waters, it was in the EEZ. That's international waters, but under Japanese control for the purpose of development and resources.

Ok. Thank you for clarifying that. Still, it was very provocative of NK to do this.

Something's got to give. This back and forth can't go on forever.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It's incredibly provocative, and sooner or later they're going to miss the water, either intentionally or unintentionally. Hopefully, they'll have Aegis Ashore in place before then.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Japan is still occupied by the same race of kami-crazy samarai
sword carry'n proud ass warriors that were there in world war II
if I'm not mistaken. I don't see them standing by very much longer
wait'n on a NOKO missle strike, do you ZAPH?
edit on Rpm52817v46201700000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Japan is not a member of NATO the last time i looked, however it does havea treaty with
United States.

Small difference but for accuracy's sake an important one.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yes and no. They stamped it out pretty hard after the end of the War in 1945. It's popped up in a few places in recent years, but it's nowhere near as prevalent as it was then.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Japan is not a member of NATO the last time i looked, however it does havea treaty with
United States.

Small difference but for accuracy's sake an important one.

Well, that's my second mistake of this thread. Sorry about that. I could have sworn that Japan was connected to NATO.

Is this what you referred to:

When the Treaty was first signed, it contained provisions that permitted the United States to act for the sake of maintaining peace in East Asia and even exert its power on Japanese domestic quarrels. The latter part mentioned has been deleted in the revised version of the treaty. In the amended treaty, articles that delineate mutual defense obligations, the US obligations to pre-inform Japan in times of the US army mobilization were included to alleviate unequal status suggested in the treaty signed in 1952.[2]

The treaty established that any attack against Japan or the United States perpetrated within Japanese territorial administration would be dangerous to the respective countries' own peace and safety. It requires both countries to act to meet the common danger. To support that requirement, it provided for the continued presence of US military bases in Japan. The treaty also included general provisions on the further development of international cooperation and on improved future economic cooperation.[3] The treaty has lasted longer than any other alliance between two great powers since the 1648 Peace of Westphalia.[4]

The treaty had a minimum term of 10 years. However, it provided that it would remain in force permanently unless one party gives one year's notice that it wishes to terminate it.

Source

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Message to our Japanese allies:

Gather your Samarais for rondevu with U.S. seals 0400 monday, memorial day for United States.
Operation killkim red alert battle stations!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Imho the time for all that is ended. Only military action will resolve this, short of a miracle from the Lord.

In my opinion that is why you are a citizen and random poster on the internet. Thank your Lord for that truth too..

Not enough facts for a military action and jumping to conclusion, and from what is currently understood, not much harm has been done.

Wait for more information before making up your mind about WW3 and military responses....
edit on 28-5-2017 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I don't believe the U.S. would ask any country, especially Japan
to wait around for a missle strike. And if Japan jumps off I would
be shocked if they weren't backed by U.S.forces. I say sease the
moment.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Agreed. It might be an excuse to kick off a war, but not a reason to.

The reason would be the combination of the develipment of icbms with nuke warheads and propaganda and statements that continually call for the annihilation of America.

So. The only question is, do you allow such a volatile and overtly hostile governent to develop these icbms with nukes or do you not? That is the only question.

If you say yes, you back off and cross your fingers Kim doesnt launch a nuke at one or more of our cities in one of his childish fits (he had a relative assassinated on foreign soil in a way that resembled a movie plot with an arch villain, just as a reminder). You also must accept the new reality of extreme leverage they will have over Japan and South Korea.

If you say no, you prep and go get him because the consequences of not doing so are worse than the consequences of conflict right now.

I dont have the answer but its as simple as that. There do not seem to be any other options.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Zaphod, am I correct to assume if we have fleet in that area (close enough I mean) that we have to ability to start shooting these things down at some point? Thanks for your input.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

The Japanese have that ability too. They have both the Aegis/SM-3 combination, as well as Patriot batteries. I'm not sure that we have any of our BMD ships in the area or not.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
North Korea do seem to be conducting more ballistic missile tests compared to normal at the minute. I believe that's the 7th this year and 5th in almost as many weeks. There is an increasing chance of one of these going astray and hitting land somewhere other than North Korea. Or one will have to be intercepted. I would imagine that would lead to a resumption of hostilities whether anyone likes it or not.
It would make every conflict since world war 2 look like a skirmish due to probable use of nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thanks for the input and clarification. Appreciate the response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join